Saturday, January 31, 2015

Balancing Act... 5 Years Blogging....

Balancing Act...
It seem to be the story of my life the last couple of years... Well always...But just more so.
I think back to when I started blogging...
It's so hard to believe it's been 5 years...
There has been so many changes in the last 5 years for me...
Some of them blindsided me... I didn't see them coming... Though I should of...
One really needs to be able to roll with the punches that are dished out and dust themselves off and get on with it...
In 5 years... both my boys have graduated from college... One is still struggling to get a job in his field...
One has been so lucky to find a job, save, buy a home... though he still lives with us...LOL..
Rehabbing is painfully slow and is now engaged!!!!
My mom lost her battle with cancer...
My sister... if you have been following me from the beginning...aka the fruit loop... lost her battle to her demons, sadly leaving behind 3 sons... sigh... 
My dad fell broke his hip... Had a hip replacement... and never bounced back... 
I help him, run his house and mine... it is what it is...
What a difference from the carefree days 5 years ago, really....
BUT... One must roll with it... 
It's life... don't forget to laugh... I did for awhile.. that is never good!!!
Try to live it with a smile..
and not complain... 
I know I do at times... I can't help it...
BUT, I try not too, best I can....
The one thing I did not see coming was opening up a shop again...
My happy place...
It makes me smile...
Even though some might say it's not a " real" shop... 
Since it's  a co-op really... time share, small spaces, 35 unique shops. With the way it's set up, I don't have to be there 24/7 to run it.
PERFECT!
So lucky, so pleased, so shocked that my first year has been a good one! 
I am lucky and  blessed, it fits into my crazy life... 
I had a shop in the same place 15 years ago for several years when the boys where smaller...
But, closed shop... they were getting bigger, I was volunteering on the little league board while they played ball... More life lessons...
In a man's world... yikes... I have stories there too... 
So balance...
I just don't have the time to blog or read like I did in the past...
it saddens me...
Face book is quick..
Though people are mean on FB...
 I called the meanest place..
I stay away from the drama.. 
you would think everyone would learn don't talk politics or religion, NOPE!   
BUT, sadly it is quick and easy...
So after 5 years... I am not going anywhere... Just not here as I was...
Anyway....
Are you tired of seeing pictures of my tiny little shop?  
LOL...
I have been thinking of moving into a little bit bigger space...
I go back and fourth... I can't decide..
I am doing well where I am.. is it worth it to add more expense.. Will it be worth it?
If I only had a crystal ball?  hehe... 
So several week ago, hubby came with me on a Monday and moved all my display pieces around!
What a great guy!
I can't with my back... and with a small space, well in any space, I think, it's good to move things around..
Fresh look, new look!  
It's a good thing.
Now I don't have many options on what I can do...
But, I am please with what we did... 
come on in for a peek...





I am slowly creating... that suffers too, now... Playing in my homestead, suffers... Just not enough time... This one I remember from the shop the first time around.  I really started playing, decorating the house after I closed up and stopped volunteering...
I really never took pictures at Christmas... Didn't even put everything out... Packing up snowmen now for the season... Clean it up put it away... There is inventory to do.. and dusting... always dusting... anyway...soon, it's been to long there will be a few OLM OOAK original dolls for sale.  I just need to be able to stay home for several days in a row... But when you shop for two houses... doesn't always happen that way...  Anyway I will keep you posted when I add them to my selling blog.  For now, I am getting nothing done that I planned... LOL... So stay warm! Thanks for stopping by  Happy Saturday! OLM

10 comments:

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Hi OLM......you certainly do have a lot on your plate. You've done well to keep to keep it all together.your little shop is sweet, and you still find time to create also.
It was so nice to meet you at the Harvest at the Mill in Sept, 2014, I bought a couple of your pumpkins.but now and again we do have to take time for other things...and it sounds like this is your time ....enjoy whatever your decision is and know I will miss your blogging!
Have a great weekend...hugs Marg.

bettyj said...

Well life does blindside us and yes we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and continue on. We also have to have some peace and some fun. I get you love your little shop, as you should. The pictures make it quite lovable. If you are doing well where you are, why move. Bigger is not always better. None of us are blogging like we used to because of FB. I am trying to wean myself away from FB much, because of all the unkindness. Back to you. You are so creative, and I know you love the things you do. So I guess I am saying enjoy whatever it is you decide. Hey, you are a smart cookie, you will make the right decision and balance will come. Love you my friend

Cindi said...

Great to "see" you! Life does throw us things when we least expect them doesn't it? Good advice to keep the laughter. I love the look of your shop...good luck with your decision, everything will work out I am sure. Be happy and keep in touch!
Cindi

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I think we can all relate to being busy. So many people have gone over to FB...it's okay, and I have done well there selling things...but it isn't like blogging. I too, steer clear of any of that drama! With blogging, I feel like we really get to know each other...the good and the sad.
I believe I am coming up on a 4 or 5 year anniversary in April....can't remember which it is...time flies so fast.
I love clicking on your shop pictures and seeing how you have things set up and what goodies you have for sale. I wish we had one of those co-ops in our area. I've always dreamed of having a shop, but I just know it would be sooo much work, and nothing would get done around home.
Hope the coming year will bring you a bit more calmness and happy times.
Hugs and blessings

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, Congratulations on 5 years of blogging, If it weren't for blogging, I would never have met you. I have developed some close friends through blogging and to me you are one of them. It would just be awesome if I could meet you in person one day, would love for you and your hubby to come to WV and stay with us at our farmhouse sometime. You have been through alot these last 5 years, a rough road for sure. But so many accomplishments also, I am so proud of your sons, that is a reflection of you and your hubby. And I think your shop is wonderful, it is cozy and prim perfect. I do hope the next 5 years is easier for you. I wish you much happiness and success in all that you do. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Congratulations on 5 years of blogging Marie!!!! I am so happy ours paths crossed, I am blessed to call you friend. The ups, downs, we are there for each other. Big Hugs Francine.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Dear Marie...
Congratulations on seeing the importance of "balance"...and expressing that. Whether in life, hobbies, work -- every now & again we need to step back and realign our perspective. It is easy to get caught up in more, more, more...and feel the wear that eventually comes with that. Living with balance requires picking & choosing. You love your shop, then keep that....it gives you an outlet. You can not imagine not creating, then you will always need time for that. If balance means less blogging...then that is what you need to do.
You will make the right decisions! Kari. xxoo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on 5 years, Marie.
Yes, I think we have all had lots of changes in the last 5 years. You are handling yours very well even though sometimes it's hard bordering on impossible!!!
Your little space looks wonderful. I'd keep it for now. You don't need another change!
Happy Sunday to you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Allison said...

It's amazing how your life changes in 5 years. I know I use to blog at least once a week but don't seem to find the time as much. Congrats on setting up a shop again, I'm sure that will keep you busy.

obat herbal amandel kronis said...

greeting
nice post


Obat Herbal Amandel Kronis