Saturday, August 9, 2014

Time.... IT'S time For A Long Over Due Post!!! Shame On OLM

I have no excuse for being a bad blogger... Simply just not enough hours in some days.
I am not alone.
We all lead such busy lives...
This summer has kept me going...
It's been a balancing act between running my dad's home now... our own and helping Steven with his... Some days OLM feels like YIKES!!!
But, Steven's home is coming along nicely.  I figure his time here is coming to end soon and he will move completely in within a month or so... 

First back in July... early July Dad's first cousins and ours too, came for a visit from Ireland!  
Got dad out of the house for a couple hours for a really nice visit...
 Dad and Barry Visiting...
 Hubby and Barry
 Caren and Joey, adorable together...
 Here is from the left, Barry, Kathleen, their daughter Caren and OLM.
I shouldn't mention that was the last time the floor was seen in the OLM homestead! LOL
It's turned into a pumpkin breeding ground right now and storage warehouse for the shop!  OOPS!
 Last week, I did get away for a couple of days to met up with hubby in Oshkosh.  he was working the air show again this year.  It was only a 3 day break, but a much needed break!
So, I showed this house last year... it was for sale and in need of some much needed love...
I dreamed about this house....really dreamed about it! sigh... BUT
 I went for a visit and someone is giving it the much needed love it deserves... It's looking amazing already!!!
 Then driving around with hubby we came across this gem of a home.... OH the landscaping is amazing as is the wonderful little home.. I could easy live here too! sigh......
I made him turn around so I could get a picture or two... and yes, drove in for them...
 Not sure what this side building was used for...but again oh so adorable....
 OF COURSE, I made time for a little shopping... Visited Judy the owner of A Simpler Time, A must stop if you are in Ripon Wi!!!!  Tell Judy OLM sent you!
 No pictures of the OLM homestead, well because it looks like bomb went off in it...LOL. 
When hubby left he said "it's starting to look like the OLM warehouse in here".. I said don't' worry I will work on that while you are gone...
Sadly, if it was possible I made it worse... Creating pumpkins isn't for the neat minded I tell ya! LOL

But, a friend from face book found this gem of a little pie safe for me!  Enamel tin cups found out shopping with hubby...
 OOPS... I thought I had a before picture of Steven's front room... Must be on my phone, haven't learned how to transfer them...anyway... we started out painting... I am not great at it, and it's hard on the old back... Steven learned very quickly he much rather fix hardwood floors then paint...
So... the Hot dog man has been tapped for his expertise in painting... There was so many holes in the walls, we would of never patched them right... and well.. we would still be painting this room... Instead the hot dog man is finishing up the upstairs then all the painting is DONE! Yeah for the hot dog man, he is a life saver!! I mean back saver!!!
Next on tap is Steven and hubby working on getting new railings in... Remember they were all taken out...then carpet and I do believe my baby will be moving out....
sigh.....
 Did I ever show you this wonderful prim basket I got???  Can't remember... anyway here it is...

Poor Knuckles... even he is pooped out... He has been struggling with what I am hoping is a pulled muscle in his leg... No more Frisbee him... he doesn't know when to quit... If we don't let him run he is good.. running and playing... limping comes back... sigh... I think he's starting to show his age...I will never be able to keep him still if it comes surgery.... grrr....
THEN... Lastly for now... DID you know I am doing the Harvest at the Mill show Dawn hosts in Holly Mi????
OLM hasn't done a show since her folk art painting days.. going back almost 20 years... sigh... Nervous...to say the least, BUT so excited!!!  Anyone going?  I am going to be there! Stop and say hi!  
Saturday, Sept. 6th!
Then... lastly... I never do this... I won't go into it.. but Steven's best friend sure could use some extra prayers right now... sigh... my heart is very heavy with this struggle.... 
OLM

11 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, that house and garden you stumbled upon is lovely. I could live there, too.
So happy to see someone is fixing up the other house.
There just aren't enough hours in the day - ever!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farmhouse prims said...

What a wonderful visit with your cousins. Stevens' house is looking amazing. Love your little cupboard and basket. So glad you got to get away for a little getaway. I will say a prayer for your sons friend. hugs, Lecia

bettyj said...

I was so ready to visit you. It seems we have not had time for chatting and yes I saw the pumpkin bomb. I don't like seeing Knuckles not feeling well. I love black dogs and since I don't have one, I claim him. His coat is so shiny. I know you love him so much. No, I have not forgotten the sign. It is behind the bedroom door. Why don't you just come get it, I think it would be faster. I WILL get it mailed, I WILL

bettyj said...

Oooops, I forgot to say how much I like that pie safe! It is beautiful and also, so happy your house is getting the TLC it deserves

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
What a wonderful visit with family.
You have a beautiful one.
And your home is beautiful too.
I sure extra with all those happy jacks around.
So glad you had a nice time away.
I'm praying for Stevens friend too.
Life is rough everyone has there own tough story.
Love and hugs

Earlene L. said...

Morning Old Lay Morgan, it was so nice talking to you yesterday.
I think you do a great job keeping up with all the stuff that is going on in your life.
Enjoyed all your pictures and amazing houses!!!!
Have a wonderful day and see you soon.
Hugs
Earlene

Linda said...

Loved reading your blog. No one is worse blogger than I am. I even forget how to do it and then get frustrated and go back to FB. I will try again! I hope to meet you in person one day. I love your laid back style OLM! Good luck at Dawn's show, wish I could go.

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Marie, great visit, wonderful. Loving the pie safe, very nice. Wish I could go the the show, would be so great to meet you, Hugs Francine.

ScarecrowCabin said...

I am long over due for a post on my blog too. Your going to love the Harvest at the Mill show. Dawn and her team do a wonderful job. I look forward to meeting you at the show.
Kelly

BumbleBeeLane said...

Always happy to see old houses saved and loved once more.I'm sure your son is excited to get into his new house. Our dog has been down too.I'm giving him a joint supplement and tramadol which helps with keeping him down some but we are at week 5 so he is stir crazy. Vet said 8-12 weeks of rest then recheck for surgery. Good luck at the show! Hugs!~Amy

Prims By The Water said...

I found out the other day you were doing Dawn's show, Bob and I will be there. Cannot wait to meet you! Just round the corner now. Janice..ps love that basket.