Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Time... Happy July!!!

Time....
It's flying...isn't it?
I up loaded these pictures several days ago...
I am only getting back to them now...
Time... 
July already?  WOW...
So want to slow down and smell the flowers... 
BUT... today it's raining, again.
We have had LOTS of rain as of late...
so sadly... that will bring LOTS of  Mosquitoes very soon...
Just can't win...

BUT... I have been out "picking" gathering some goodies for the shop
AND 
Yes, myself... I am finally trying to get some of them put out...
They had just been sitting around and that is NO fun!
So... I think I have shown this cabinet... I can't remember when I got it.. Back in February I think.
I did find a reproduction barn lantern... Well 2 actually..
I can't afford the real ones... Oh my...
BUT, I could afford these... I put one on the mantel for now..
But it's all unbalanced..
At some point will find a better home... but for now it works...
THEN, two weeks ago I hit a estate sale to end all estate sales!
I went back all three days... and YES, acquired things each day...
Many for the shop... 
I have NEVER see a sale like this.. so many prims in one place and at very good prices...
So I can resell most...
I added this to my collection of furniture... I said I have no more room
but I found some... Though I did say originally I would use it for display in my shop if needed...
Problem is, it's now FULL of all my fabric and such... I won't even tell you what I paid for it..
 I will say, I think I stole it! LOL
I have shown the dry sink swap out... but I moved things around a bit... added a few of my favorite child size goodies!  Very happy with this change!
goodies.....
I don't know what you would call this piece... From the estate sale too... Bin on the left...
I thought it would make a great island for my son who just bought a house...
He claims there is no room in his kitchen...
I thought I didn't have room...
BUT, I bonded with it... Found a spot... and well... few more things in the "to sell" pile... LOL...
I really love this piece... TRYING to keep it simple...
THEN..
Just a few quick pictures of flowers opening around OLM neglected flower gardens...
You know that time thing... sigh... 
weeds are taking over..
Really need to address that too...
BUT, I get attacked by Mosquitoes... ugh..




Honestly, I don't have anything I should be complaining about.. Life is busy, but GOOD!
YES, no complaints!
Oh  Mr. Knuckles... He received a new toy... that promptly needed to be gutted... A dog's work is never done.... 
Happy 4th of July everyone!  Enjoy your time with family and friends...
Back soon... 
PS... I almost hate to say it... YES, I have started creating... 
Pumpkins... 
OLM

9 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I so love all you prim goodies. I could just sit and stare at everything. You have been one lucky shopper as of late. Some great finds and I love your displays. The rain has made some beautiful blooms!! Love the flowers. Have a Happy July 4th.
Angela

Gayle said...

LOVE your yellowware and the little toy sewing machine I spotted. Great displays!

bettyj said...

Well I love the cupboard you stole! Everything looks good. You and my Deb are in the same boat. Helping a child fix a new home. Beth and Ryans was practically move in ready, but Curt and Lindsey are flipping one. A mother and father's work is never done. Hopefully I will get your sign mailed I went once and she(PO) was closed for lunch and I have not made it back. I will I promise

Rugs and Pugs said...

OLM ~
EVERYTHING looks wonderful. Great finds as of late. I have a weakness for antique case pieces. Keep on sharin' and send some rain to northern Ohio. It is getting brown already :(
Happy 4th to you :)
Lauren

Orange Sink said...

Marie,
I'm having some serious cupboard envy here...LOL! What a beauty! I can't believe you can find so many awesome things at estate sales there! It all looks fabulous how you've put it together! We sure have had the rain here too... the mosquito pop. went crazy for a while but seems to have died down a little for the present! Got a big smile from Knuckles with his toy destuffing! You need to train him to stuff them though.... I bet you could use some help with your creations! LOL!

Hugs!!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh my gosh OLM ~ Can I go shopping in your house??? So many wonderful collections ~ did I spy some glass candy jars??? I love to collect them and love your collection of doll items! Beautiful pieces you found too!
Beautiful blooms ~ know what you mean about the mosquito's!
Happy 4th friend
Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Marie, love the barn lantern, beautiful. Looking good at your cozy home, loving the cupboard. Sir Knuckles is a sweetie, Blessings Francine.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Happy 4th Marie!
Love all your pictures....and that Estate Sale sounded fabulous!
Kari

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I love how you have all of your awesome cabinets decorated. I love your yellowware and your crocks esp. Your flowers are beautiful. And Knuckles sure loves his new baby. Happy 4th. Hugs, Lecia