Sunday, June 15, 2014

Where Have I disappeared Too?????

Just a quick little post... 
I have been away.... I have gotten back to creating some, which feels sooo good! 
Long over due!  Looking for my Joy... I am finding my center again... 
It really has been a long road... Long than I would of ever thought...

So these days so many things keeping me on the run. 
I am please with my little olde shop and the response, I have to admit, I was very nervous and scared to take this leap again.
It's been a good leap!

I have settled into my routine with helping my dad.. That keeps me on the run some days... 
AND....
Our son Steven bought his first house!
He started looking in January, in the brutally cold winter... 
we hiked through A LOT of snow, and looked at lots with next to no heat... BRRR...This kept us busy most weekends... 

BUT, finally in March he put in a offer and after couple of months of  'things' I won't go into... 
He closed on May 30th!
We are so excited for him... some days... I feel like there is 3 houses I am overseeing/helping with... YIKES!  and mine is the last to get any attention! LOL
So it needs work... Yes, the previous homeowners where not kind to the house when they left..
As I type this hubby and Steven are working on replacing some of the hardwood floors that was damaged by water after they took the garbage disposal and left the sink leak.... 
crash course in fixing up a fixer upper... 
It will be a great home for him and will leave the nest once he gets a few more things fixed up...
I think it has great curb appeal.  It's hard to tell looking at this the painting and such the outside needs... he will become a very good painter by the time he's done!

 Here's a snap shot from last weekend.  BFN Nadine came out and pulled a few weeds for him.
 Time to destroy, I mean replace some flooring.  He was oh so lucky to find replacement flooring to match.  Saved him lots of money there!... I see the hot dog mans feet, he was very kind to come and start patching the million and half holes in the walls for Steven!
No, Knuckle's has not been for a visit yet... to many nails everywhere...
 Dave doing a little supervising of the work....

I have been out picking for the shop... Finding a few too many goodies I want to keep... So that means, I need to take more out of the OLM homestead... 
At some point I will need to take a few pictures of my finds of late... BUT... I have had no time to place them, display with them, sadly... BUT, I will soon!

BUT, I did make a mess to get the wonderful old prim basket to go under my pie safe... 
Got to love cropping! if you only saw the mess around this! LOL!
I even have a "extra" goose neck love seat in my front room... SIGH!  
I am trying real hard to get Steven to let me keep it...
I don't know if anyone remember the story of my love seat rocker from the estate sale from a couple of summer's ago... Love the rocker, as does hubby....
I asked Steven was there anything from the homestead he would like...He wanted the rockers... I said that WASN'T going to happen!  LOL...
You wouldn't believe it, but that weekend I found another at a  estate sale for him!  Talk about luck!  I think if I had the room, I would of kept it... But I don't... He claims my taste has not rubbed off on him... BUT, I think that is NOT completely true! LOL
So that is all OLM has for now.  I so hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! OLM

6 comments:

Earlene L. said...

Hi Marie...congrats to your son, it is a very cute house!!!! Exciting time.
Love your cupboard.
Hope you have a great Summer.
Earlene

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, so awesome to see you creating again. Congratulations to your son on his new home! I love your new basket! hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Marie, love the house, how exciting for your Son, congrats to him.... Love the cupboard and basket, looks great there. Blessings Francine.

bettyj said...

so happy for Stephen and happier you have found your creativity again! I am looking for my decorating mojo, if you see it send it south. I really like the outside of his house. That window is awesome. Great minds must be running the same channel as I blogged today too. Hope to get to the PO tomorrow, I am not sure how to mail this thing.lol

Tammy Young said...

Congratulations to Steven on his first home. It is so cute.
I am so sorry I haven't been around much. I sure do miss checking in a chatting with you. Hopefully I will get my act together soon!
Love your pie safe display.
Have fun creating and playing with your new goodies. Try not to work too hard and make sure you take some time For You! You deserve it.
Big hug and talk soon.
Tam
Ps.. I have my damit doll sitting next to my register at my shop. I'm calling him my Mascot! Heehee! Actually I find myself wanting to bang it on the counter quite often. This being a full time working woman is hard work after being a full time mom after pretty much 25 years. I am loving it though. The only thing I'm struggling with us finding a balance between what needs done there and what needs done at home. I can admit... The house has been quite neglected for the past month. I'm starting think I will never get caught up on the dirty laundry. I'm tempted to get a big trash bag and just throw it all out. The only thing that stops me is then we would all have to walk around naked because pretty much all of our clothes are in the dirty clothes hamper. ;)
Sorry, I'm babbling. Any way...
Have a fabulous week sweetheart.

Tammy Young said...

PSS... He's not for sale, I just have him sitting there for me. But I figured if anyone wants to buy him I will send them to your website.