Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This... That... Whole Lot Of Nothing Special....

Time.... Where does it go?
I can't seem to balance everything these days...
Yes, sadly it's easier to pop on Facebook...
Though... It has so much drama...ick....
It seems I spend most of my time running these days...
Getting so little extra done, with helping my dad... trying to keep up chores around the OLM homestead
AND 
Now the shop... I wouldn't trade it... It keeps me busy, but does bring me joy...
much need JOY!  After a very long year.......
I have had a few issues with my foot... I won't go into it...except to say...
I have battles back issues for 10 years... I know pain and discomfort...
I just suck it up... but when a foot hurts....sigh... everything hurts... oh well....

There is some fun things around the OLM homestead, our youngest is buying his first home... Fingers crossed... all is progressing nicely and he should close in just less then 3 weeks!
Then the work begins for him... BUT, so excited for him!!!

I am in the current issue of PRIMS! 
It came out May 1st!
The Morgan Triplets....
 Here they are!  Just home last week from their 6 month vacation to CA!
They are for sale, if anyone is interested... I would like to keep them together...
Email me if you might like to give them a home.. folkart94@msn.com

It's been so long since I have talked about goofy old Knuckles...
He is starting to show is age...sadly, slowing down just a wee bit...
BUT... always entertaining!
Alex was wrapping up a gift for his girlfriend last week...
Knuckles... was NOT happy... He thought it should be for HIM!
So no sooner Alex put it in the bag....
Well...
Knuckles decided to go in after it!

 Yes, he pulled it out... and thought it was meant for him...LOL... sadly it got taken away very quickly...
and... Knuckles was NOT happy! OOPS!  Poor Knuckles....

Oh... really I have not had time to "play" or re-arrange things in the OLM homestead... since I can't even remember when... I have been taking some things out and selling them in the shop.. and not even filling the space... just no time it seems or energy...
I have "acquired" a few things... and they sit...

BUT... I was at a estate sale last week...  looking for a few things to sell... and found this old cake box!
OLM must have... 
I decided Happy Mother's Day to me and kept it...
I made the decision to stay in today... no running!  Felt so nice... I did some much needed cleaning...and moved a few things around...
I added the cake box to the counter...

 Love the graphics on it!  I think in my space...it's a little to big... I don't have a big kitchen...
But for now it works!

Then... This wasn't even on my radar... 
But sometimes...things just fall into one's lap?
 Here is my little dry sink... Always have loved it... Wouldn't think of  parting with it....
 Here it is next to the TV in the family room... 
See Knuckles really didn't need another toy...LOL... He has a bowl FULL!
BUT... sometimes we find something that "speaks" to us... and it's time for a change...
So one of the "bags" decide to give this dry sink a home... 
AND
 I got this one instead... Love it... Love the change... 
wasn't planned... 
I picked it up of Friday... and today I finally 'played' with it a bit...
 First I did this and was very happy with it...

 But then I moved this child's step back here... it was displaced for the cake box... I think I like the little drop leaf table better there... But, it's smaller and easier to move around..
So for now, the step-back stays here... now it's time to cook and finish up a couple of girls for my early work update... even that I can't seem to get done until last minute... So little creating going on...

I NEED to fix that... BECAUSE, I am going to be in Holly MI in Sept for Dawn's prim show!!!  Sept. 6th!  So excited to doing this with Pam from baskets n prims!!!  Need to start making pumpkins soon?  UGH!  It just starting warming up... well.. then we turned chilly again today....
I promise to make sometime this week to visit all of you.. Again... I need to manage my time better.... enjoy!!! OLM

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Marie, Awwww, Knuckles is so cute, what a dog. Your dry sink is beautiful though I also loved the other one. You did a great job decorating as you always do, prim goodies galore. What fun to be at Dawn's in Sep. sure wish I could go, Blessings Francine.

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am glad that your shop is going well!!! Sure would be awesome if I could visit sometime. Congratulations on being in "Prims Magazine" again, such an honor! Congratulations to your son and getting his new home. I just love that Knuckles. And I admire all of your prim decor, love it all. hugs, Lecia

bettyj said...

I like the dry sink just like you have it. I love the size of this one and the patina. I am a nut for wood. I too have a hard time blogging right now. Maybe it is the weather! We were in so long and now we can be outside. Lets blame it on that ok? I love Knuckles stories and don't want to hear he is getting older. SOmething about a black dog that steals my heart away. SOmeone needs to wrap a present for him to open!!!!
Will mail your goodie soon,

BumbleBeeLane said...

It's been hot here the last few days so hubby said I'm wearing shorts today so it will be cold. It was LoL cold, wet and dreary. Congrats on prims again! Glad you are finding Joy again you had a rough couple of years. The new dry sink is wonderful! Warm Blessings! Amy