Sunday, March 2, 2014

I TOOK A Little Road TRIP!!!

Oh How I have been waiting for this show!!  Saving a few pennies... Counting the days... the months.. minutes...LOL...
Four shows, six locations, three towns... Arthur, Arcola, and Tuscola, IL!!!  
I got up early Friday morning, picked up "bag" Mary and off we went... 
Got into Arcola at 1:30 and started the power prim shopping... HEHE!
Now, most of the time I forgot to take pictures...
To busy drooling....
BUT...
Here I am ready to go into Homesteader's Friday Afternoon! 
I will tell ya... Going three hours south here in IL...
Next to NO snow... and about 20 degrees warmer!
Makes one believe SPRING will come..
Of course it will... BUT, we have been warned, since the Great Lakes are so frozen this year... It will NOT be a warm Spring...
I don't care as long as the snow stops!  4+ inches again last night... I got home just in time! 

 Amish country in IL!!!
 One of the booths at Homesteader's I believe...
 Mary shopping? Oh Ya!



 Just more eye candy for ya!
 Oh Loved this dryer!  So cool... BUT, one needs the space for it... 

 Me and Marie Faren at the Spirit of Country Show! She is such a  sweetheart!!!!!
 Homemade pie!  Mary was happy!  and it was OH So YUMMY! Pie FIRST!  Then lunch!
 HMMM... OLM homestead has been neglected... no time... Then for the last 2 weeks I have been battling the sinus infection from hell!  FINALLY feeling better!... BUT... a mess, I made this morning...
 I so want/wanted a old barn lantern... BUT... the cheapest is about $350... not going to happen... BUT, I found this compromise wood lantern... old... not super old I think... but for $40!  I will take it!
 Great little spoon... Bigger then a salt spoon... Gal thought it might be a taster spoon... Then a hand carved butter pat/paddle...
 My first treen biscuit cutter... I have only seen metal ones... 
 Making room for this... moved it around until I found the right spot... OOPS!  Another child's farm table.. Look at the color.. wood top.. Then the dealer pointed out... see the paint missing on the legs about the same height on each leg?  One mopping around the legs, wearing off the paint... simply love it!
 Homespun pillow....
 document box.... 
 Look at the wonderful gift I received from Marie! Child's doll rope bed, oh so sweet! OLM LOVES!!!  Then from Spirit of Country... doll dress and skirt....
THEN... I can't believe I bought a Santa... BUT... We stopped at Winterberry, great shop in Tuscola, IL... I saw this right away... it spoke to me... Handmade by a gal in Indiana I was told..  I think I needed it?
So, this was a fast trip... Left Friday morning, home last night to beat the snow again.  Had a great time with Mary.. MUCH needed break with no worries!  Girl time is always a blessing and fun! Off to watch the Oscar's.. and play with my goodies some more!  Stay warm! OLM

12 comments:

Earlene L. said...

Marie a girlfriend weekend is a great stress reliever. I thank Mary is going to be at Dawns show?
I had a girlfriend day yesterday, had a blast!
always wanted to go to those show...one day I'll make it there.
Love that Santa too! You found some sweet treasures.
Have a great week....with NO MORE snow!!! Sick of it too.
Earlene

Rugs and Pugs said...

Girlfriend, you done good!
We probably got 3-4" of snow overnight. Much better than the 8-10" they were predicting.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Docia said...

I live in Wheaton, went to the show also. Almost bought the same Santa! You got some great things!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Marie.
So glad you had a great time. You got some great finds too. Always good to get away with friends.
Have a great week.
Janet

Patti said...

Aren't those shows absolute prim heaven?!?! I was there as well. Glad that you made it to my favorite shop - Winterberries. I'm so lucky that my parents live in Tuscola and I get to visit frequently ;) Love your post - I'll be posting some pics later in the week.
Blessings, Patti

bettyj said...

Nothing better than a girl trip, except a girl trip shopping for goodies. You got some wonderful things. Bet the best thing of all was just a stress free fun time! Spring is coming, we just don't know when.lol We are having ice here in the south today.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Marie, girls just want to go antiquing, looks like a great time. Love all your goodies, that Santa is calling to me too, love him, Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

Ooooooh I am soooo drooling! Wonderful goodies. I wish someday I am able to go to this show. So sick of snow here too. another round this past weekend and back to freezing weather. Janice

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

A great way to spend the weekend!!!
Wow it looks like you found some wonderful treasures ~ so love the document boxes and the childs farm table is sweet!
Snowing here now in WI
Hopefully Spring arrives soon or at least some warmer temps!!!
Have fun playing with your treasures!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Trace4J said...

Oh my gosh...
What treasures.
I am drooling.
And so much fun.
So glad you were able to go.
Oh SPring we all need you.
Woolie Blessings

Primlish ♥ said...

I went a few years back, it was awesome! We don't have enough of those shows in our area. Glad you got to make it and find some goodies!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

I love that you get so much joy out of these treasures and the hunt for them! I need to make time this summer for a few little trips to find such awesome prim places - thanks for sharing the great pics ~*~Lisa