Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blogging Is Our Own Little Time Capsule

So I went MIA again... Seems to be a theme this past year....SIGH....
So I have been reflecting some.... 
Come this Friday I will have been blogging 4 years.. WOW!
I had many reasons for starting a blog... 
A distraction from helping my mom while she was battling cancer....
Share my love of primitives and home with others....
creating....
The FRIENDSHIPS!  I never dreamed of, yet couldn't live without now!!!
I didn't think I would have anything to say....
Yet the words came... I shared some private thoughts...
I would of never guessed how many changes I would encounter over these last four years...
Time Capsule...
Good times and bad... 
Do you ever go back at look at old posts? See how many posts one did this year over last year?
I did this these last couple of days...
Interesting...
I realize how little I have been around this pasted year over the last couples...
I have said it before... 
The aftermath of my sister's passing has been challenging to say the least..
It left quite a pickle for my dad and required my help to fix best we could...
FINALLY, that has been resolved the best it could be given what it was....
Though we will continue to help run/take care of Dad and his house...
For the rest... I realize, sometimes forget... I can't fix...
I need to let the chips fall where they may, sadly....
SO, I am going to be more upbeat!!!
No more dwelling... or at least trying!!!
Back to my old self, better P.M.A!!!!
And to what I love!!!
THANK YOU!!! For sticking with me!!!
I need to get back to creating what I love... 
Oh YA!  I have a secret again..HEHE!  Will share soon!
BUT.....
I thought I would share a time capsule... 
It amazed me how much things change around the OLM homestead...
I can't seem to leave anything alone...giggles!
So, here is a picture I came across of our front gathering room from November of 2010...
Right before Country Sampler was coming to use the house for a product shoot..
Everything was being painted right before... sadly mom took that turn for the worse just as this was started... 
but it is what it is...
 I look around... and see so many things I have parted with... the furniture, after torturing hubby to PLEASE let me have a Settee... hehe... Picture that Alex has put away for when he moves out....and more... so many changes... Change is good!
 To this... Christmas Eve morning I think here... just a few weeks ago....
 I have come to just love and adore this room, it is me! I am surrounded by things I love!  Everything tells a story.. I think that is what I love about primitives... it has a story!  We just might not know it!
And because things are forever changing around here... Something new!  GF of mine was parting with this cabinet.. I have always loved it!   Wanted it just in this spot... Wasn't sure it was going to fit.. Really it BARELY does!  It's one of the rare times hubby doesn't care for the change I have made...
But it's staying, giggles!
So here is to a new leaf!  I will do my best to be around more!  A new much more happier, less stressful me!  Oh I so hope so!  Remind me in a month I said these things, when I get tossed another curve ball!  LOL!!!! Thank you all my wonderful blogging friends!  Big hugs from OLM!!!

15 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your gathering room looks SO MUCH better.
Good to hear from you and don't keep your secret from us for too long.
Stay warm if you can.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Stars said...

Love the gathering room now, so cozy. Also great shelf you got from your GF, looks wonderful hung there......Your being a tease again, Marie, pew I'll be waiting to hear the good news, Hugs Francine.

Angela said...

Welcome back Marie. I think it has been a rough year for lots of us in blogland. Hoping 2014 will be a better year for us all. I know I have been a
slacker but when we have bumps in the road it is hard to blog. Looking forward to visiting more often.
Angela

Cindi said...

Hi Marie, it was great to hear from you. I have been praying for you. Glad things are worked out the best they can be.
Your room looks fabulous now! I love that you said that about Prims having a story even though we might not know it...so true!
Have a great rest of the week!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am so glad you started blogging or we would have never met, and you have become a wonderful primitive friend. I feel like we have know each other since we were kids. I have cried with you and laughed with you and you will forever have a special place in my heart. I love your setting room and that new cabinet. Now I can't wait to hear about your secret? Now what can it be?? Wishing you a wonderful 2014, hugs, Lecia

Trace4J said...

Love your gathering room but your friendship more.
You are a blessing to me.
Woolie Love to you Friend

BumbleBeeLane said...

I agree so many good and bad things but amazing who comes to your side. True friends..Hmmm secret can't wait to hear..smile.. Amy

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I know all too well how life can throw you a curve when you least expect it...here's to a much better 2014!

bettyj said...

The biggest plus side to blogging imo is the friends you make. I am so thankful for each of those and am glad we are friends. I love what you have done and what you said about your room. You echo my thoughts as I firmly believe life is better when you only have the things you love around you and that means people. BTW glad Steven enjoyed my piece of cake. He is so kind.

lilraggedyangie said...

WELL WELL WELL ...WELCOME BACK GF...glad to see you back to blogging as well..I too can't leave the home alone..my time capsule is scary so many changes 3 homes and host of chaos...but one thing that hasn't changed are the blog friends I couldn't live without ...stay warm...Hugs lil raggedy Angie

jennifer768 said...

MIA has seemed to be my theme for the last year or so.Hoping that 2014 will bring better things for us all.Love your sitting room! Can't wait to hear more about your surprise.Hugs,Jen

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Ahhhh, yes...weall have those life challenges that interfere with our best intentions. all we can do is do our best. glad things are a bit more settled with the family issues and hope things stay settled for a good while! Hugs, Jan

Primlish ♥ said...

I have gone back to my past posts and I cringe when I see the horrid wallpaper I lived with for YEARS! Some of the décor was pretty bad too! ;)
Your new settee is so pretty! I just love the fabric!
I hear ya with the family issues. Hugs to you!

Prims By The Water said...

So loving the after pictures. M home sorta looked liked yours in the before pics..my how our tastes evolve. Love your new look! Take care and welcome back, Janice

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Oh Marie, of course I like your take on blogging as a time capsule...you are so right. And, don't ever feel that you always have to be chipper...life can be hard, and sharing can help.
Hugs to you!
Kari