Friday, December 27, 2013

Put A Fork In It..... In A Blink Christmas 2013 Is A Memory....

Did everyone have a wonderful Christmas?  Are you glad it's over?  I know there is some that would say yes... Sadly OLM might be one of them too....
A little stressful trying to get all things ready... Did my best to breath and enjoy...
BUT... when it was over I had at least had a very overwhelming feeling like Chevy Chase at the end of  Christmas Vacation... 
" I did it!"... Then, I really needed a nap!!!!
But, come on it... lots of pictures of the madness
 All is calm before the "invasion!"
 My Dad did come for a come for a couple of hours... Yeah... wasn't sure about that....and a rare smile too!
 Eric and Alex enjoying some Holiday cheer....
 Ms. Katie, growing up way to fast....
 This one is blurry... so disappointed... Ms. Joey "playing" tea party with many of my vintage goods....
 A little food being enjoyed....
 Rosie, our niece, with her mom SIL Michelle, Travis, my sister's youngest that now lives with them, and Katie....
 Joey using Alex as monkey bars... They love their older cousins... My boys are the oldest of all the grand kids...
 The gathering of men... getting ready for gifts to be opened...Getting their positions... See every year it seems, a wrapping paper fight starts... oh the mess... I have to say the kids are all getting bigger... so is the "fight".  I am amazed nothing got broken...
 Travis in my naughty pin....
 Joey and Rosie Front and center for the first gifts....
 Roxie and Alex... oops... again blurry... HMMM... did OLM have to much wine?  I think NOT!
 Trevor one of my sister's older boys... I somehow missed Tyler in a picture...
 And the fight begins....
 Richard and Susan, the older boys dad and step mom joined us this year.   They got into very fast!
 HMM... I spy Katie throwing....
 Joey in her new coat from Uncle and Aunt Re... She even slept in it, I am told...
 My brother is very pleased... This can only mean a direct hit on someone...
 Knuckles opening his present...
 Hubby with a gift or two....
 Oh Mr. William, what are you doing with all this wrapping paper????
 Roxie with her blanket Alex made for her... No I did NOT help him!
 Steven's turn to be tortured by the girls some....
 Knuckles taking a break....
 All is quiet... but oh a mess.....
 So this box showed up Christmas eve morning... to me from Santa... Said for all I do... how thoughtful is that??  OLM is excited oh my what can it be???  I could barely stand it....
 I got this most wonderful old lantern!!!!  Leave it to hubby oops I mean Santa to put it in a huge box to throw me off.....I am Blessed!!!
 Then Christmas morning... All should be quiet... Boys are bigger... BUT Leave it to Steven to give his brother and dad "nerf" guns for Christmas... What does this mean??  Gun fight!!!  Oh my...
 Alex trying to get his gun together very fast....BECAUSE Steven had his all ready and waiting....
 oh poor hubby... his has some assembly...
 Alex is ready... I would say this fight went on for over a hour... I finally went and ate breakfast... OLM was hungry!  They ate it cold... LOL
 First blood has been drawn...
 Mug shot... LOL
 Steven looking for more darts...
 Poor Knuckles going crazy with the gun fight...
 Hubby reloading....
Knuckles, finally says ah!  quiet time...nap time!
Many good memories this year... Many changes this past year... Looking for a brighter 2014, oh so hopeful.  OLM

13 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

What an awesome lantern! looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I am sure both you and Knuckles deserved a good nap afterwards! Enjoyed reading your post Marie. Have a great weekend! Janice

Earlene said...

Family and fun is what is all about.....LOVE your lantern Marie!!!
Great pictures of everyone.
Hugs
Earlene

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great Post!!!
So many wonderful memories you captured with all the family!
So much fun!!!
I think you deserved a nice long nap!!!
Love the lantern!!!
Hope you have a wonderful New Year creating more new memories!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Marie, love the Christmas fun at your cozy home, such a great time looks like, family rocks!!!!!!! ....wonderful lantern, love it......Happy New Year to you to, Hugs Francine.

Raymond Homestead said...

Great family pictures, lots of fun! The time does go by fast!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Looks like you all had a blast. Love the gift from Santa. Oh my the mess. LoL.. Amy

jennifer768 said...

What a great time! Love seeing all the family.Blessings,Jen

Danice said...

What a wonderful Christmas you all had. Great family photos. Your house decorations are all so pretty also. 'Same with our family, some bad things happened in 2013 and looking for better things in 2014, such as no one falling or getting sick. Prim blessings.

~Sara said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas! Family, fun and a lot of mess afterwards. That is how it was here. Try to rest up. Blessings~Sara

anniebeez said...

Oh my gosh!! Looks like so much fun! We have had some brutal nerf fights around our house in the past. Merry Christmas!

bettyj said...

Oh goodness what a riot! Fun at your house for sure. Knuckles may have to come spend Christmas with me to get some peace and quiet next year!lol It is only quiet here for a bit on Christmas morning. That lantern is priceless.glad you had a good day.(days)

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, what a big wonderful family. I see the guys save the good fun for after everyone goes home! LOL. I hope Knuckles held his own. My nerves would be frayed. So your dad showed up for a couple of hours. Are you saying he's a scrooge? LOL. You sure had an exciting end of year didn't you. Your new year is going to be just as exciting and prosperous one I'm sure. I'm super happy for you :) Take care of yourself.
Blessings,
Carol

Heather Wise said...

Oh my! This is hilarious!! I would love a nerf gun. My nephew gave hubby a mashmallow shooter. 1. Ew. He told me camping stories. 2. I was not given a weapon to defend myself! Wow! You have quite the aunery group! Everything looks beautiful. The lantern rocks. :)
Love and hugs!!!!!