Friday, December 6, 2013

I AM HERE!!! Come In for A Visit!

I am sorry, I have been so neglectful!  OLM has been a busy gal!  
I am working hard on learning to balance everything...  Helping my dad and my nephews, our home, and now the shop.  I am thrilled how it's going!  OLM is a happy gal!  I have found my bliss again!  It's been gone for a long time, but now it's back!!! YIPPEE!
YIKES!  I forgot the time it needs.  I have not created in weeks... NOT GOOD!  I finally got my hands dirty today... So I have a few things in the works.  I want to do at least one update on my selling blog this season.
Really I should be working tonight...but I thought, nope come in for a visit.  We have been decorating.  I have to say this year it STRESSED ME OUT!  With everything else... well it is what it is.. many things I parted with... SIMPLIFY, just a wee bit!  Put somethings away and said enough is enough...
This weekend is my ornament exchange I host with my gal pals!   This is the 12th year I have been doing this. I have always stressed over how the house looks.. everything in it's place and "perfect".... Well no more.  OLM have piles of fabric and such.. I usually start dumping and hiding it all... I have cleaned things up well... but here and there if it's not 'prefect' and you don't like... well.. then.. don't come...hehe... come and enjoy the season, the laughs, the food and the friendship, isn't that more important?  I hope so!
Anyway... Thanksgiving evening we put up the Christmas tree.. The boys were home. Alex's GF Roxie came after dinner... so let the mess begin... along with a little humor in the OLM homestead...
 Steven putting up the tree... Mom is this right?
 OK, the boys thought they were funny... shocking here... tree not right... no don't fix!
 I am sure a less then tasteful joke was being told while the lights go up... See how red in the face Alex is? Hubby laughing too...hmmm.....
 YEAH, lights all work!
 Steven adding a ornament or two...
 Roxie helping out...
 and Alex....
Then here and there... I have add some vintage touches... some of my favorites...
 On top of my pie safe...
 Feather Tree with mercury ornaments... mostly anyway..
 little tree on my kitchen counter...
 new shelf above the doorway going into the kitchen...
 Prim tree with wonderful handmades from all my blogging friends!
 my old trucks....
 some vintage in the middle of hubby's train...
Vintage baking anyone? .... so there is a little more here and there... I need to take a evening picture of our tree....
I will try to take a few pictures this weekend... there always seems to be a story and a couple of friends...that start some kind of mischief during the ornie exchange... One year everyone tried to steal from me... LOL.. to see if I could figure out was missing... Yes, I DID!  One year... they added things... oh my... and the year they put confetti all over the house... I found it for years... I don't know if I should admit that one!  It's always a great time!
So hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  OLM

10 comments:

Cindi said...

I agree with you about it being the laughs, good friends and fellowship that matter not how clean a house is! I am sure they will be enjoying themselves so much they won't even notice!
So happy for you that your shop is doing so well!
Enjoy your Holiday season!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, It is so wonderful to see you having that sparkel in your eyes again and the joy in your heart! Looks like you had fun putting up your Christmas tree, I love how knuckles is right there with the fun.
Your decor is lovely, so glad your shop is going well. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Marie, to much fun at your homestead, I want to come over.....So happy your back and your really enjoying your shop, Yay!!!! The tree is beautiful, well all the trees and your vintage decorating, love it......Have fun, relax with a big glass of wine, Hugs Francine.

Trace4J said...

To much wonderful fun.
I love it.
Your home looks Christmas Wonderful.
I didnt get out as much this year either.
But like it this way.
SO happy for you friend.
Christmas JOY and LOVE

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Congratulations on finding your bliss, not that I ever thought it was lost! It is so wonderful to have family, friends and a passion for all we do!
Kari

Earlene said...

Phew Marie...you made me tired reading this but it all looks wonderful and lots of fun had by all.
OMG that is so funny about confetti on your house, bet they had fun doing it.LOL
Hugs
Earlene

bettyj said...

Ah, what family fun. That is wonderful and what memories you will all have, I have been over thinking things had to be perfect for a long time. Reason was, it never could be here because I am just not into perfection. More into the fun. Love all of your decorations, but those old trucks are priceless. Have a wonderful ornie swap and behave. Have you thought of hiring a security guard to protect your stuff?lol

Melissa said...

Good Morning!! That is wonderful that you have found your bliss again :-) I am working on finding mine again, I am slowly getting there.. Your decorations are wonderful!! I love, love, love your tree!! It is beautiful.. I am missing my artificial tree this year.. My Honey wanted a real one so we got a real one this year.. I am enjoying the smell though :-) It looks like you are all having so much fun! Have wonderful day! Hugs~Melissa

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your Christmas decorating! Thanks for sharing! ~*~Lisa

A Primitive Homestead said...

Your post is so refreshing. Your thinking right. Things don't have to be perfect. What matters is family and fun. Your home is looking quite festive. Blessings.