Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 8 --- OK, I Have Kept You Waiting Long Enough!

Just simply sharing two of my favorite old photo's I have stored on my computer!  Every year I say I am going to do something with them... Every year time slips away.....
 This one cracks me up!  I really need to blow it up and frame it!!!
First, I want this pumpkin! LOL!  Isn't this lil gal so sweet!  She really deserves to be in a frame too!!!


OK.... So drum roll please... LOL!  Not really... BUT here it goes!  Well maybe a small story first... As I have mentioned here from time to time, I have had a tough year... Lots of adjustments, angry, and simply sadness.... It's time to move on... get busy and do something for me, as I feel pulled in many different directions at times.... So, over the course of the last several months hubby and I have been talking about what I could do... Opening a shop always comes up.  It's my calling, it's in my blood.. I have been in shops over the years with my folkart painting and my primitives... What to do... Taking on a shop full time shop really is out of the question at the moment, first and foremost, I am not sure how well my back would hold up to that...
SO...... I kept going back to the place I had my shop in the late 90's... I left on good terms... I was just busy with volunteering and my boys playing sports.... I was sad to close it... but it was the right thing to do at the time....
 I was out running errands on Tuesday and thought I would pop into State Street Market in Elgin, IL..This is where I was.  They are 35  specialty shops under one roof..
There is no one really primitive or colonial in the shops... They remembered me!!!  Encouraged me to come back.. Truth be told I ran into Sally of the managers when my mom was losing her battle with cancer.. She asked me to come back then... I just had too much on my plate at the time....
NOW... Well in less then a week!  I am joining the shops!!! SO OLM is opening a small specialty primitive/colonial/antiques, and OF COURSE Handmades!!  My brain hurts! LOL!!  I am moving in a week from Monday so I will be there for their Holiday open house that weekend, Nov. 8th, 9th,  & 10th.  Really I will be a work in progress... I don't have lots of display pieces... so I am working that... I do have vintage goodies stacked up in the garage!  Hubby VERY excited about some of that moving out... I have been ordering a few things to help fill in, AND most importantly, I need to get creating!
So if you are in the area of Elgin IL, I hope you will pop into State Street Market on Rt. 31!!!! OLM

12 comments:

Heather Wise said...

Waaaaah! Yes, I am whining! I want to come! Can you take pictures, and I can shop from home? You can be a OLM QVC!!!! Congratulations, friend! I will be praying!

Love and hugs!
Heather

PS- the picture of the two pumpkin head kids creeps me out! Sheeesh! The other one is adorable!!!!! :)

Primlish ♥ said...

I'm there!!! So happy for you!
Great vintage photos too!

Janice said...

What? What will happen to our on-line creative buying? You'll be too busy to think about us huh? Oh, but I am happy for you. It will be a great way to focus on what you love. Forget the house, the sons, the holidays and just be creative! I hope the shop is close to home.

Patti said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I am not that far away and think that I need to check my calendar ;) I would love to come and see!
Blessings, Patti

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Marie, how wonderful for you, that is great news, I will visit one day, I am sure you will have many prims......Love those pictures, so spooky the Pumpkin head kids, Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh my just what you need something postive to re focus on. I'm sure you will be successful. Really such wonderful news friend..Amy

Earlene Landis said...

Marie it sounds very exciting and i am SURE you will do well!!!!
You will probably break the doors down. I would sure be there if I was closer. Congrats!!!!!

Earlene

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....Yay for you GF!!! I said it before, but will say it again...CONGRATULATIONS!!! and WOO HOO!!! You GO girl!!! SSM isn't gonna know what hit 'em!! But I'm with Heather....don't forget your camera and postage scale.... ;-) Love the photos...especially that first one. Wouldn't you love to be the one who owns the original??? Smiles & Good Luck Hugs ~ Robin

~Sara said...

Congrats! It is always fun to do what you love, Good luck in your new endeavors. You will do great! Blessings~Sara

Synthia said...

Best wishes to you. Sorry I'm too far away to visit, but I'm sure it will be spectacular with all your wonderful creations. Hope I see some photos of it here on your blog when you get up and running. - Synthia

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Yea! Just read this, how exciting! Another antique trip to dream about & plan for! Good for you Marie! Have such fun!
Kari

Allison said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!