Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 12~~~ Oh my it's closing in...

 First, I would like to say this has been a whole bunch of fun!  The stories... The Sharing!  Big Thank you to Robyn and Misi for hosting...
Though Misi??? where are you??? Missing you and your posts!

Now, there is nothing fancy or pretty about this display... Living in a split level can sometimes present a challenge for back drops and decorating....
This is just a simple little gathering on top of my jelly cabinet... Now..The chair I painted.. long before I started creating primitives what I really was known for was my folk art painting... I love this chair, but I haven't put it out for years... Forgot all about it until this year...

It still is one of my favorite pieces I ever painted... So not prim...Coulda, shoulda, put together a better display with it...but I didn't... BUT, at least it made it out this year. OLM

7 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Never a disappointment Marie, look forward to your displays....love the wee chair you painted, so talented you are.....also the pumpkin is so sweet, Blessings Francine.

Primlish ♥ said...

I think the chair is awesome!! I wish I could paint like that, or sew like that too...
SO happy you made it the 13 days marie! Thank you!

Cindi said...

The chair is so neat! I think it is great that you are so multi-talented!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your displays Marie, you are a decorating queen. hugs, Lecia

TheCrankyCrow said...

It has been fun hasn't....bit of a wild ride....didn't know if I'd see it through, but so glad I did (well....almost....tomorrow ain't here yet....) LOVE the chair....You have a mad painting talent. I used to paint too...folk art and rosemaling... The pieces I did turned out ok....but it sure didn't come "natural." (I should have had a clue when them made me sit at my own table at workshops because I got paint all over....) ;o) Smiles & Painted Hugs ~ Robin

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Enjoyed your posts. You did have fun.
Janet

Karen said...

Very nice Marie...your work is beautiful!
Karen