Friday, October 18, 2013

Coming Home With Money Would Be a CRIME!! Stop In Lodi, Wi

I have left many things out... All in all Bags was a great trip!  
BUT, I need to back up to the first day... Before Tomah....See the Queen and Darla come from Minnesota and we met up in Tomah each year...This year they were running behind... We had just picked up Kathy and popped into Harvest Moon in Brodhead Wisconsin.  Another fun prim shop... 

SO, we are driving along, and realize they are behind the "8" ball in traveling..LOL... We are just on the other side of Madison Wi.  
I see a sign for Lodi, Wi, I remember there is suppose to be a prim hop in this small town... I have never been it.. I mention it... should we stop?  What the hell!  GO!!! So we do!
Oh my!  I didn't take good pictures to share... Well the first time that is... Prim and Colonial HEAVEN! Family Heirlooms to send you weak in the heart... Oh my!  So a bad $200 later we are back on the road...yes, OLM was a bad girl... BUT before we left I asked if shop was open on Sunday's?  One never knows if there is still a few pennies left in OLM's pocket... Though after dropping $200, I should be broke! 
NO, they are not, but the owner gave me her cell number and said to call her if we want to stop. If she can she would open for us!.
WELL... see Bag Mary got a Family Heirloom throw in one of the new patterns... be still my heart, I couldn't stop thinking about it.... 
I am going to NEED this! I kept telling myself...
Can we stop? PLEASE!  So I call Carol of Cottage House Primitives.  
Yup, she has some relatives in town and they want to see the shop so it should work out...

Kathy with a wicked smile.. Family Heirlooms virgin, lets say until today! I am evil, I show them these wonderful goodies and then they want them too!
Mary might be putting something on the counter too....See that smile, Mary is a evil, I mean fun gal!
Really bad picture of OLM with the throw I couldn't stop thinking about!
few random shots...

Carol showing Kathy some FHW's....


Leaving with bags in hand.. Great way to end the 2013 Bags trip... Too Bad the Queen and Darla had to go in the other direction....
Carol's shop is wonderful!  If anyone is close, it's worth a stop! www.cottagehouseprimitives.com
thanks Carol for opening up for us!  OLM


7 comments:

Orange Sink said...

It would be very hard not to be a bad girl in a shop like that! Drooling here and I think may have to save up some cash for a trip there sometime!!
Cathy G

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, I second that, I would have been very bad, so many goodies there I see....nice throw your holding onto, love it......Fun to see the pictures of your fantastic trip, Blessings Francine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, well, well....You really MUST be bad for a shop owner to open up specially for you.... Hmmmm....don't think even "I" have managed that one yet... (Oh....wait...The Farmer's Daughter did once....maybe twice....) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Yeah, I wouldn't have stopped thinking about that FHW piece either....Hate it when that happens....)

Heather Wise said...

Okay, so am I the only one who saw in MULTIPLE PICTURES the sign that said "Unruly Behavior Will Not Be Tolerated". And they let you stay??? Hmmm. I guess the sign was for show...

;) I can see how it would be WAAAAAAYYYYYY too easy to drop a lot of money there. I need to definitely stay in PA... :(

Love ya!
Heather

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Marie. Wish I live closer to that shop :)
Looks like the "Bags" trip of 2013 was a HUGE success. I am so glad you had a great time and got some great finds. Love your FHW throw.
Have a great weekend.
Janet

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, How special you bag ladies are for the shop owner to open just for you. Love that new Family Heirloom Weaver throw! And like this little old neighbor lady used to tell me, if she went shopping and had a penny left, she would have to stop somewhere and get a piece of bubble gum. She told me that when I was a kid, and I am just like her. he he. hugs, Lecia

Primlish ♥ said...

OMG, I am the same way!! I try to be good and walk away, but then I can't stop thinking about it and HAVE to go back and get whatever it is!! Right now it's an adorable bracelet that will match a scarf I have perfectly!! Guess where I'm going today! ;)
Good for you! I'm glad you went back and got it!! Otherwise you would've had to pay shipping on it, right?! ;)