Friday, October 4, 2013

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!! Slow Down An Enjoy!

October!  My favorite month of the year... always has been... I love watching the leaves change colors and fall... cool crisp nights... warm glow of orange lights... I could go on and on...
I am doing my best to slow down and take it all in... It goes by so fast... 
I am trying to not let the little thing stress me out or overwhelm me..  Not a easy task for me.. It have been a long 10 months here... Things are settling in to yet a new normal.... but OLM seems to let to many things overwhelm her these days....
I am working on that...and counting the days to my "bags" trip!  YUP!!!  I am gone in 5 day for 5 days with my 'bags' girls!  so looking forward to the laughs and good times!  bonus of course is a little shopping....
Simply... here are a few shoots around the OLM homestead for fall and Halloween... 
I tried to keep it simpler this year...










I have to tell you about this pumpkin.  I found this gal on face book... Paper babies... oh my her work is WONDERFUL!!!  I love this papermache pumpkin... I have a cat from her too... but...LOL.. to much mess around him to take a picture... hehee
Then... even here with some craft mess around... I bought this great set of old drawer from Lauren from Rugs and Pugs... Saw it in a picture from her booth over at Holly Hill's event!  Love them... I am going to use it to try and keep my floss organized... see the pile... still working on it...
Nothing over the top... but I wanted to pop in and share a bit... Really I should be over at dad's taking care of a couple of things... and mailing Francine's box FINALLY!  Please forgive Francine... it's going out to you today!

I have a few turkey's almost finished up.  I will have them for my early work update on the 15th.  I had offered free shipping last weekend on my selling blog for the last of my fall creations... I don't normally do this... but if you go and peek and see anything you were 'thinking' about... I am offering 20% through this weekend... I could always use a little extra 'bag' money... Just email me and let me know you saw this post and I will give you the 20% off... Enjoy the weekend! OLM

13 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

All I can say is WOW!
You don't have any daughters - or granddaughters - that are more than happy to take home the seasonal decor!
Part of me thinks you are lucky and part of me thinks I'm the lucky one. I'm just glad that some of them love the same things I/we do.
I really love the paper mache punkin. That is an interesting art to get into. All I've ever done is a pinata and after all these kids and grandkids, I am a pro at them.
Once again, I am envious of your annual shopping trip with your 'bags'. Have tons of fun and take plenty of pics to share!!!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Primitive Stars said...

Oh Marie, your home looks so wonderful decorated for Falll, love it all.....so many great pumpkins around old and new, great goodies you have, love the little drawer too.........I forgive you dear friend, I know sweet Joey is coming to my house, thanks......you really need a great time out with the "bags" you deserve a good time after what you have been through this Spring.....enjoy, Hugs Francine.

Karen said...

Cute-cute-cute.
Oh that little cubby drawer thing is darling and the perfect place for floss.
Such pretties you have.
Now you just go on that 'bags' outing and enjoy and forget there's anything at home.
Bless you dear friend you deserve it.
Hugs,
Karen

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Everything looks amazing Marie. I hope you have a great time on your "Bags" trip. Too bad you couldn't go down to Berlin Ohio, it is awesome down there.
Janet

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
LOVE everything, especially the mâché pumpkins!
Those drawers look good at your house. So glad you like them.
Hugs :0)
Lauren

BumbleBeeLane said...

Hmmm I keep trying to convince hubs dust adds to the spooky atmosphere..smile...Everything looks wonderful.Fall has been flying by here too.Day by day friend.Enjoy your trip.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Firecracker Kid said...

Nice! I love paper mache art. Everything looks fun :) Have a wonderful time with your bag sisters, and spending your mad money!
Blessings,
Carol

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oooooo!!! I love your Halloween touches!!! I want everything I see!!! (Hmmm....Have you broken it to Francine yet that Joey changed her mind and is coming to Nod???) ;o) And how the heck did I miss that amazing little apothecary from Lauren....???!! (Never mind....it's a rhetorical question...I KNOW full well HOW I missed it...but YIKES!!! She's selling stuff??? WHERE???!!! EEEEK!!! I'm sooooo in the dark!!) Probably won't talk to you before you leave for Bags, so have a great time.... Are ya all gonna stomp around Wisconsin again???) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

bettyj said...

you have lots of fall. I enjoyed seeing it all. I don't do a lot. October is my favorite month too, followed by Thanksgiving and Christmas, who couldn't love it. Have so much fun on your trip. My girl trip is in Nov

Primlish ♥ said...

Have a fun trip!! You deserve some fun time!!
Loving all your fall/Halloween displays!! My witchy is comfy sitting on my chair!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Roberta said...

Loved seeing all the photos of your fall decorating. Sometimes I skim through the photos and then realize I missed something when I read the comments--Your pile of floss looked like a fall display to me-LOL! Adorable cabinet and always a plus that's its useful as well. Have a lovely trip with your friends! ~Roberta

Allison said...

Love your Halloween/fall decorations!