Sunday, September 8, 2013

I've Been Hiding Up NORTH!!!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks!  Last week we had our planned family vacation up in Northern Minnesota.  The boys were able to come up for a couple up for several days to enjoy as well!
Right before I left I received a order for 12 pumpkins.  That had me hopping a bit.  Planning on finishing up that order this week and getting it in the mail!

So we had a great trip!  Spent  some time with the "Queen" and our BIL too.... I have uploaded LOTS of pictures... Did a little treasure hunting too...but didn't get much..  I think I am getting super picky...LOL.. So I will share those another time...

Here's the boys goofing off and swimming in the lake last Saturday.  Great day....
UNTIL.... This moved it and cooled things off BIG TIME!


IT didn't last long... but  we had a couple of nights in the 40's after that... HOT by the time we left yesterday... Today I am not so happy to report... sore throat... headache... I see a cold in my future sadly... ugh....
BUT... after the storm rolled through....
Alex was out doing this.... Since this is Labor Day Weekend... usually the lake is hopping... but, thanks to the storm... many left and it was quite nice!
Steven and the QUEEN trying to see if we can get Internet at the lake.... not so successfully on that...
Hubby and Alex working on that fire!!!
Queen and OLM toasting with some Rumchatta!!!  YUMMY STUFF!!!


Driving around on Monday, Labor Day... I spy a eagle in a tree! had to stop for a picture....
Then for all the years we have been taking the boys to the lake... We always go into Battle Lake to Granny's for ice cream and candy.... This year they closed on Labor Day because of road construction...
Here are the boys, sad face... LOL... after dinner On Hubby's Birthday...... NO Granny's for desert!
I have never seen this before at the lake... water plane coming for a landing... visiting someone down the lake... They took off one time right in front of me, so cool, but I didn't have the camera for that...


My Boys with the QUEEN!  They left on Wednesday... They had to get back to work.. So lucky they still want to come up with us!

This one cracks me up!  Look at the Queen and Steven... same look, same smile.... Steven got a little sun out fishing too...

Then, here is hubby looking at a old car at the Threshing show in Dalton... UGH!  It was SOOO HOT On Friday up there... we left after a couple of hours...


I should of took more pictures of the great old building that have been moved here... I only took the gas station... Notice the price of gas!
Brother and sister .....

Then sunset on Friday... going back to the lake...
OOPS... Side trip looking for bittersweet... QUEEN gave me her best side????

Is hubby helping her???  Or pushing her??? LOL... not so sure....
Found a wee bit...

THEN... sunrise at the Lake yesterday...sigh...time to hit the road... put a fork in it... my stress free week is over...double sigh...


Hubby and I on the QUEEN's deck ... not really awake yet... not a morning person... notice the fog in the valleys...

hub's and the sister aka the QUEEN...
Queen and I....
It was a great week... read a book, did some creating... some antiquing, exploring....  stress free time at the lake, now if it could only always be like that?  I know... not realistic..
So I missed out on going to Dawn's at Holly Hills... We are planning and moving things around so I can hopefully be a vendor next year!  So everyone I missed in blogland, I so hope you go back again next year!!

Now, 32 days until my BAGS trip!!!!  Counting days now!!! Happy Sunday! OLM

9 comments:

Earlene Landis said...

Now that's what I call relaxing fun!1
Great sun shots.
Love that Bittersweet Marie.
Hugs
Earlene

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Sure hope you can make it next year and we're looking into doing an indoor spring show too! So tired... It was great to meet so many of our blog friends. Hope to see you sooner than later! Dawn

bettyj said...

What a wonderful place you were at. Just beautiful. I am not surprised your boys still like to be with you on vacation. We do family trips too and my married grands want in on the action. We have a beach trip coming up soon. Ahhhh, the BAGS trip. I go on a girl trip in Nov for 5 days. This will be our 25th year doing this. I am the oldest in the grop, but they still have me!lol

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, what a wonderful week at the lake, good for you. Such a nice place they have, I wouldn't want to leave.....great sunset and I need to go get some Bittersweet, Blessings Francine.

Cindi said...

Oh yes all the joys of Minnesota! I love living here! Do you and the bags go to Cranberry Fest in Warrens? I was thinking about maybe going back this year. Have a great week, thanks for sharing!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Kim said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Too bad about missing the ice cream though. And it does kind of look like he was pushing, more than helping. Lol

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sounds like just what you needed some fun and relaxing. I think I'm like you not finding much but it's out there just not interested unless it's really special. Warm Blessings! Amy

Karen said...

What a wonderful relaxing vacation...we used to do this for years with my brother, sister in-law and my sister but we only went as far as Balsam Lake up north...but still almost the same views as you had. Oh I miss that.
How great the boys got to come up and share in the fun.
Wonderful family pictures kiddo.
Oh boy...wonderful Bittersweet
Karen

Timemimi 當代迷你倉 said...

設施地區儲存庫開倉葵興倉庫網頁中文web design網站主機屋vpn價錢表荃灣儲物倉域名中文價格