Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy FIRST Day of FALL!!!!!!

Happy Fall!!!  The most wonderful time of the year!!!  
Well, at least to OLM!!  Oh, how I love this time of year!  I don't know what it is... changing colors, cool breezy nights. even walking through the fall candy isle gets me! 
I am going to try and be a better blogger this fall!  
Things here are adjusting, settling in... to yet another new normal...it's been a LONG ten months...
There are more things that require my attention... it is what it is... leaves a wee bit less time for all the OLM fun things... it's ok... life is good, I am blessed, I have no right to complain!
BUT, I have had a weekend of FUN!  
First, Karen.. LOL.. we didn't take a picture!  Hubby and I met up with Karen and her hubby from My colonial home's blog at the Folkart show in St. Charles, IL.  We then went to dinner, had a wonderful visit!
I had made her a pumpkin, she made me one of her wonderful army blanket penny rugs... 
I will show soon... I am stilling cleaning... yikes, one the things I have less time for, cleaning! 
Anyway, fall decorating... I have thinned out some of my pumpkins I have had for years... putting out less... more fall, less Halloween...
THEN, again, I have a picture on my phone.. I got a smart phone, FINALLY, some would say a couple of weeks ago.. still learning... Need to figure out how to get the pictures off the phone onto my computer.  I am sure it's a no brainier... for anyone but me!
ANYWAY, hubby and I took off to the Vintage Illinois wine tasting in Matthiessen, IL... we had a great time!  drank maybe a little to much wine... We planned ahead and stayed in a hotel and came home this afternoon... With several bottles of wine too... just a really nice day!
 I will be finishing up my fall creating this week and moving onto Christmas/winter creating...   I have one more witch I designed I want to do, once she is done, I will update her on my selling blog and along with the few pumpkins still left... I know it can get confusing what has sold and hasn't... but, I have a few along with a couple of my Black Cat Jacks on early works, if anyone is interested.. They are the last of the season...
 YEAH!  To Autumn... Oh I love orange lights... love the warm glow...if I had it my way, I think I would use them all year long.... here LuLu is ready for fall with a wonderful pillow created by my wonderfully talented friend Pam over at baskets n prims blog! She does the best prim stitching!!!!
 Orange lights on my old pole out front... love this on fall nights!  My fave!
 I did have my first garden in like 20 years!  Here are two of the pumpkins I grew!  They are big boys!!!  I do believe my son Alex and his girlfriend have their sights on gutting them and carving them up for Halloween!
 I have been moon watching with some of the blogging friends on facebook... earlier this week she was a beauty coming up over the park by my home....I went out and watched it rise!!! Delightful.
 Took a me day and went and got a few pumpkins...hubby might say I went over board... I am thinking I need a few more...

Lastly, I grew broom corn for the first time too!  So there you have it... A busy fun week!  I like these kind of weeks, more please...hehe...  I promise to be a better blogging friend and visit your blogs!  Back soon once decorating finishes up and clean up the OLM homestead.
Enjoy these wonderful fall days! OLM

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Everything looks great! Sure wish I could put pumpkins and gourds out, but as soon as I do the damned squirrels chew holes in them and drag them around the yard. GGGRRRRR!
Hugs :)
Lauren

bettyj said...

You have everything looking just wonderful Those orange lights are neat. It is amazing how you placed all those pumpkins and to think you grew those two! I am so impressed. Karen and I hope to meet sometime. We swear we will. Time will tell. Too bad you are so far away from Springfield.lol That moon was a beauty, I was going on about it and Deb said if I got out more at night I would see more pretty moons.lol Have a wonderful week my friend.

Cindi said...

Everything looks so nice! I really like the pictures of orange lights too and think I might have to get some. Your pumpkins are great!!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am so glad that you and Karen got to meet, I hope I can meet you both one day! You are two lovely ladies. Love all of your fall photo's. Gorgeous. Have a beautiful autumn. hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Marie, well deserved fun times for you, so happy for you......Fall decorating looks wonderful, nice big pumpkins you grew, wow!!!!! Beautiful moon there, was so pretty......Fall Blessings Francine.

Trace4J said...

Happy Fall Friend
I love all your pumpkins.
Especially the ones you grew.
Your decorating is Falltastic.
Woolie Hugs

Earlene Landis said...

Marie I love what you did!!
orange lights show up so pretty at night, it is perfect on the pole. I put mine on a twig tree and love the look at night.
We can never have too many punpkins!!
LOL
Earlene
Get lots of comments on my misfit pumpkin!