Monday, June 3, 2013

FREE WEEDS!! YOU PICK!?!?!!? Serious Weed Pulling Going On!

Oh A day to myself!  Dad didn't go to therapy today... Not that it is a good thing... He fell again last week...sigh... and was just to sore to go...
So, I took advantage of the time..  Great day, finally, after another cold and raining weekend..ugh!  Hubby and I worked outside all day... Got many little things done..
AND...
Some serious weed pulling...
Lots to go still... then it will be time to start all over again...
 Filled up my 2 vintage wheel barrels... and that was only one small area of my center flower bed... With all the rain we have had, the weeds have taken over.....
 I did get all my pots planted the week after Mother's Day... They are slow to fill in... again all the cold weather...

 Daisy's are popin very nicely though!


 Gave the old pump a new coat of paint!  It needed it!
 Here's the arbor I got for Mother's Day from my boys!  Love it!  Just need to seal it.
 Hanging baskets from Costco!  Wow they are wonderfully full!

 Here is were I rested the weary back for a bit.  On my good old 'fake" porch!

Then lastly... what do you think?  Got me some hanging candles for the candle dryer...
I think I am getting use to it on top of the pie safe... Added the 2 measures I got at the barn sale on one side my new Dru doll, Luann on the other side... I had to get her... My mom's name was Luann...
I am designing a few new goodies... Even grungy up my first batch of goodies to sun bake today... I will have them done for my early work update.  Enjoy! OLM

17 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, sorry to hear about your Dad's fall again, hope he feels better......Love all your containers and gardens, so beautiful, your porch is so perfect too......Your candle holder looks great with the candles and love it there with the dolly.......Take Care, Nice to see a post from you, Hugs Francine.

Orange Sink said...

Marie,
Oh my gosh all your hard work is really showing in those gardens! How lovely everything looks! It is a kind of therapy to dig those weeds and work our butts off Hey! So worth it all!
Sending all the good wishes for your Dad and your family. Hope your summer sails more smoothly!
Hugs!
Cathy G

~Sara said...

All of your flowers are looking great. Love your porch. Gardening sure is a labor of love. Always something to do. It is great therapy though. Green thumb blessings~Sara

Shirlee said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's fall. I hope he's not sore for too long. Your yard & all your goodies look fabulous!

Earlene Landis said...

Hi Marie,
I enjoyed the tour through your yard.
Weeding is so much easier afer rain.
A never ending job but sure looks nice when your done. Enjoy!
Earlene

Trace4J said...

Wow Marie your yard look fantastic.
Love all your flowers.
Beautiful job.
Oh the weeds.
Ive got more than I know what to do with.
Prayin for your dad.
Cant wait to see what your working on.
Woolie Hugs

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, Love all of your beautiful flowers, esp. the ones planted in vintage things. I love our pump and the arbor that your sons got you.
So sorry that your dad had a fall.
Have a beautiful day, hugs, Lecia

Primlish ♥ said...

Oh Marie, everything looks so pretty! I hear ya on all the rain and weeds...my grass looks pretty but the weeds are huge!
I love your "fake" porch! I'm gonna have to use it for inspiration for something on my back porch. Love the containers!
Your flowers are so pretty. Glad you and hubby got a day to yourself. Hugs!

Allison said...

Your garden looks great--I love the daisy's and all the other pops of colors! I hope you dad feels better soon.

Prims By The Water said...

Hope your dad is doing better Marie...bet my weeds are bigger than yours...still need to do my gardens. A job I do not like. Enjoyed your yard tour. Janice

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Girl what am I going to say. Your gardens and the décor. are beautiful. They are all primitive gardens and these are the ones you see in prim magazines.....I am DROOLING!
You have done and amazing job!
Big Hugs Mrs. Queen of Blogland,
Tricia XO

Karen said...

Yuk, we did the same thing on Saturday!!! My back was killing me but those weeds were taking over.

Your gardens/flowers are so pretty Marie...and your 'faux' porch....just lovely.
Love what you did with the candle drying rack...perfect touch.

Praying for your father - one day at a time I guess, huh?
Blessings,
Karen

bettyj said...

well, all I can say, is it is beautiful!!!! Love it all and your porch looks so inviting, says come have a cold glass of sweet tea. It has rained a lot here, while we were in Fla. I have work to do too. Don't have much of anything but daylillies and they are getting ready to bloom. Can't wait.
Hope your dad heals quickly. You and I need a break, don't we?

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love the gardens. I have barely worked in mine. It has been so chilly here! Dianntha

bettyj said...

I will probably be spending some time up there when she comes home. We will get together if it is just an hour. Just got a call she has had a down time. This roller coaster is no fun. Thank you for the prayers.They are in Springfield. Beth practices at St. Johns. She is an internist.

bettyj said...

She is internal medicine.I am not too swift today.

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Marie, Know all about weeds this year, never have seen so many, finally have gotten most of them out. I love your flower beds, like how you have them decorated, adds so much interest. Happy gardening. Vicky