Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Am Still Here... Some Primitive Eye Candy!

Oh It's been a long time since I have done a post... Please forgive... I have checked in from time to time.. though time is flying... There is so much on my plate these days that it just doesn't leave much me time..It's been a LONG two months since my sister passing, seems like years, really.....  I am not going into any dirty details.. Sadly there are many, and there is LOTS to work through STILL and it's taking time... I hope for peace... 
As for my dad, he is healing very slowly... small setback, actually today, but sadly he will never be a 100% again, I think...sigh.....
BUT
It is time to get back to doing what I LOVE, as time permits, I need too. I am hoping for a little update very, very soon....Yes, I have ideas cooking in this little brain of mine and it's time to bring them to life!

BUT... Last Friday, I did get a couple of hours of fun me time!  Primitive Barn sale time!  I got to met up with my primitive gal pal Barb of the Primitive Oswald!
 So here is Barb and I... After the "sale" in the barn, we talked our way into another home tour of Chris's wonderful prim home!  I showed pictures last year of the barn sale too... As we all know, we can't leave things alone, always moving and changing...   Chris has been a on bit of a "thinning" of primitives this year, which made for wonderful goodies in her sale....
 Enjoy the eye candy!  I did!
 Love this so simple, I wish I had higher ceilings would love to hang a big basket like this!

 BIG Kitchen!!!  Oh to have space for wonderful BIG primitive tables!!! sigh....


 I love this piece!  Oh it is so wonderful!  It's a cheese keeper I think it's called... So want one...can't find one... probably couldn't afford it anyway...LOL
                                   
 So I did get a few goodies... Sadly with the "things" I have been helping my dad with... no play time yet.... but
 I did get this make a do chair!  Love it... But now something else is displaced. and needs my attention... no rest for the wicked!
I did get this wonderfully PRIMITIVE candle dryer.. Bigger then I realized... Not sure where I was going to put it...sigh... Thought I would put it away for someday "space"... Then couple of my pals where over on Monday.. They suggested to put it on top of the pie safe... what do you think?  REALLY?  I am NOT completely sure if I like it up there or not.. Adds good height..but still not sure... of course it needs candles... Have those on order... So, there you have it... My family has been keeping me busy.. good and bad... I see light, a faint light, it's calling me... but there is still a bit of a journey to the end to the tunnel...
I will survive! hugs!  Enjoy the day! OLM

14 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Good to see you post. Wonderful prim eye candy, glad you got some girlfriend time. Sorry your dad isn't doing well with his recovery. Alot he is going through at the same time. Day by day friend. I still find myself reminding me some days.Seriously if you look to far back or ahead it can overwhelm you. Hugs!- Amy

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh what fun ~ some time with a good friend and some wonderful treasure hunting!!! Awesome eye candy and treasures you found.
So sorry to hear your dads not doing well ~ we'll keep him in our prayers.
Looking forward to seeing what ideas you have stored in your little brain!
Nice hearing from you!
Hang in there ~ time heals all wounds.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Marie, nice to see a post from you, busy gal you are.......Sorry to hear your Dad is coming along so slowly but glad you had some prim fun at that fantastic barn sale, wow!!!!!! Her place is amazing, primitive eye candy for sure......love your chair and candle holder too.....great your still thinking up things to do, yay!!!! And my friend, there is light at the end of the tunnel, slow but surely......Hugs Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Good to hear from you. Sadly, so much to deal with. I hope Dad can adjust.
Thanks for the eye candy.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful eye candy. Hope things continue to improve for you.

bettyj said...

You are right, that is certainly eye candy. I LOVE the candle dryer. It is wonderful.Have a great week.

Prims By The Water said...

Love love to steal me some prim goodies. ;-) Just wonderful! Glad to hear there is some light in that tunnel for you. Take care, Janice

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

The thing with a journey...there is always an end. Hang in there, do the best you can, and you will get through it! That's all you CAN do. Love the candle dryer. --Jan

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, sorry that your father is coming along slowly, he has been through alot. So glad you got to have a day of fun with your friend. What beautiful eye candy, enjoying the pictures so much. hugs, Lecia

Trace4J said...

Love that awesome candle dryer.
And sounds to me just a lil something you needed.
Prims and a good friend.
Love all the candy. Drooling over the awesome things.
A place a girl could get into lots of trouble.
Hugs ,love and prayers to you friend :)

Karen said...

What a wonderful tour of the barn sale...see lots of treasures.
I have the ceiling height to display a basket like that but DON'T HAVE THAT LARGE A BASKET! Looks so nice how she has it with the greens flowing out of it.

Your Make-Do chair is wonderful!!! And the candle dryer too. I think when you get candles on it, then it will look good where you have it.

I do keep praying for things to get settled for you - I know it's a process. Wishing you well kiddo.

I typed in 'Primitive Oswald' and saw her Picture Trail...what a lovely home she has and her creations are awesome!

Hugs,
Karen

Primlish ♥ said...

I just love that basket hanging with the greens!! Very cool idea! I really love your make-do chair too, always wanted one...or 2 ;)
Hope you are able to play a little with your goodies, I know it sometimes makes me feel better when overwhelmed.
Hugs to you! Keep strong!

~Sara said...

It is good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing the eye candy. Thinking of you.
Blessings~Sara

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Hugs across the miles.....glad you are taking the time you need!
Kari