Monday, May 6, 2013

A Wounded Knuckles... My Weeping Cherry Tree... And the PRIM GIRLS...

Yikes, another busy week.  Took dad the therapy for his hip 2xs... it is coming along slowly....I wish he would do a little more...but it is what it is and he is set in his ways.....
So yesterday we were getting ready to take Mr. Knuckles for his morning walk.. He was going down the stairs let out a cry and couldn't puth is front left paw/leg down... OH NO!  Off to dogie urgent care we go to get him check out... Many long fancy words for what is wrong... BUT, they scared me with not spitting it out... thought oh no they are going to tell me he has bone cancer, THANKFULLY NOT!!!  Probably a injury to his elbow that has been there and hasn't bothered him until now... Looks like some arthritis starting... sigh... And what looks like some bone spurs I would call it going on his elbow too... Sigh... poor baby..
So the challenge now is to keep him resting, try to keep him off the stairs.. no jumping on the beds...
YA RIGHT!  No walks for a week... So we kept him downstairs last night, hubby slept on the floor with him to try and keep him happy, but he cried and cried... sigh... So this morning after he ate, he looked a hubby, and thumbed you know what at him. took off upstairs, looked back at him to see if hubby was watching him, then jumped in bed with me!!! Rest my....... never going to happen... sigh... at least he is not limping anymore...
 So here is the poor Knuckles sleeping off the drugs they gave him at the dogie urgent care... OH MY!  he was stoned!  Blood shot eyes... would stand up and then his butt would just give out... going down... funny, but not really... poor guy, at least it kept him quiet yesterday...We brought up his dog bed for him, but he wouldn't sleep in it... stubborn dog!

THEN, today much to my surprise... I didn't except it... Home came the girls from their trip to CA for their photo shoot for PRIMS!  These gals are in the current issue that came out last week....
 So they are looking for new home to be adopted out to... They are all OLM Original designs....
 I will even send a current issue of the magazine with them.. If you are interested in giving them a home, please email me at folkart94@msn.com for details on the girls...

This is Jenny the confused flower child...
 He love me, a 2 doll set...
 AND, Pin keep Penny.  All will come signed and dated too!
 Then lastly, I think SPRING has finally sprung here!  YEAH!  So my weeping cherry tree opened up late last week.. It is gorgeous!  Everyone is stopping and looking this year!  love that! HEHE... Then this weekend hubby finally put up his flag pole that he got for father's day 2 years ago in the center flower bed!  A great tough, I think... (just ignore my car in the drive way there... )

Now I need to get busy and pull weeds... oh the weeds already.. I will be lucky to get it all done this week, only to start all over again, because weeds grow faster then the flowers I say! Off to watch DWTS!  have a great night. OLM

12 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, that Knuckles so so cute, boy was he happy to go upstairs and go to bed, and your hubby was awesome to lay on the floor with Knuckles. Those animals sure can rule the roost. Love your dolls and congratulations on being featured in "Prims Magazine" again, what an honor.
Love your tree, my mom is the same way about therapy, home health was supposed to come to the house and she called and told them not too, she is only hurting herself, but I have to let it go, it is her life.
Our parents can sure be stubborn, that is probably what keeps them going though. Have a lovely Spring, hugs, Lecia

bettyj said...

It is hard to keep a good dog down! Glad he is doing better, but he will be happier when he is back on his routine. Hubby sleeping on the floor is something mine would have done.He loved his dog. Those dolls are wonderful. You do the best work. We are in a waiting stage here. Dr say it could be hours or days. Very hard. I am not blogging, but ahd to comment on Knuckles.That cherry tree is gorgeous.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Marie, oh poor Mr. Knuckles, don`t blame him for wanting a nice cozy bed to curl up in......Your Prim girls are perfect, know they will find wonderful homes.......Your Cherry Tree is so pretty, glad Spring has arrived......Enjoy, Francine.

Earlene Landis said...

Hi Marie!
I hope Knuckles is feeling better...poor guy.
Your tree is beautiful...I can see why people drive by slow.
Your (girls) dolls that were in the shoot are adorable.
Have a beautiful day Marie.
Earlene

Karen said...

Oh poor knuckles...keeping any animal down and where you want them is next to impossible. I guess we just watch and make sure we help them when needed when they got to the no no places...what else can one do. You are a good fur baby mama so I know you will do all the right things.

Beautiful tree - I can see why it's admired by so many. Thanks for sharing with us too.

Those gals will not stay long in your house...they are going to find a new forever home very soon I can just feel it. Adorable!

Karen

Primlish ♥ said...

SO SWEET your hubs tried to sleep next to Knuckles! Knuckles was like, hey if you're sleeping here then that gives me more room on the bed! SMART DOG!!
Love your tree! My dogwood is just starting to bloom now. I just love Spring!

Simply Shelley said...

Hope your sweet Knuckles is doing better very soon. Love your "now famous" prims gals :) I am sure they will find a new home right quick,and your Weeping Cherry tree is beautiful.....blessings

Theresa said...

Love the dolls...congratulations on being in Prims too!!! Poor Mr.Knuckles hope he feels better soon.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Poor, poor, Knuckles!! And I so hear ya on the "keep him quiet" thing...Sometimes I wonder if these vets have ever tried that themselves. Glad he is at least mobile again. Our little Shih Tzu had a leg issue many, many, years ago....He ended up having surgery and the vet redid his leg with fishing line stuff....He served him well for many more years.... LOVE your gals and your tree....We are on Day 2 of 70 degree temps and Day 4 of no snow. YIPPEE! But, I peeked at the forecast....shouldn't have....later in the week we're back to below freezing.....EEEEK! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Prims By The Water said...

Poor knuckles...just glad he is better. Loving your cherry tree. I cannot wait to get my flowering pear tree. Love your gals..did not know I was blogging friends to a celebrity! You deserve the props. Congrats on being in the magazine! Have a great week Marie and hope your dad gets better. Janice

Raymond Homestead said...

Hope Knuckles gets to feeling better! Love your dolls.

Theresa said...

Glad that Knuckles is on the mend. He looks like a sweet dog.