Tuesday, April 30, 2013

OOPS! I Did It AGAIN!!! Summer PRIMS Has 3 OLM Dolls !

Happy Spring everyone!  
I know I have been MIA!  Probably will be for awhile yet.  It's hard to believe my sister only passed away a month ago... Seems like a year already.  I won't go into it.  I just really don't want to talk about it anymore, but sadly she left a whole host of issues that will take months and years to fix.  Sadly.  
I have read all of your wonderful comments!  I know I haven't responded, but please know how much they mean!!  Blogging friends are the best!  I am trying to get back to my life some too as I help my dad navigate through the mess she left him.  He is still healing SLOWLY from his fall in January that required a particle hip replacement...So there is a lot going on...
Yes, I am trying to craft some too... easier said then done, AND finally Spring is coming to my neck of the woods!  It's been cold, record rains, but today FINALLY about 80, so I want to get out and enjoy some of that too!
BUT, first I wanted to share with you what I got in the mail yesterday!  The Summer issue of PRIMS magazine.  I am so honored and excited to have 3 of my OLM original designs in this issue!  Definitely a bright spot to my day!!


 I was reading the Letter from the Editor and was shocked and excited to see I received a mention in her letter!!!  Oh happy day!

 Then the girls!  Once they come home from their travels they will be for sale if anyone is interested.  Email me for info and their adoption fee.
THEN, I have worked on one little thing.... Out front, I don't have a porch, oh so want a porch, oh so can't afford a porch...LOL... BUT, I wanted to change things up this year.  Decided I would like to add a little farm table.  Now it's barely protected with the over hang, So it needed to be cheap so I wouldn't care once it fell apart....
 So here it is before... it's OK, always looks great with all my flowers during the summer....
 But, My GF Sandy that has Poppy Seeds Primitives had this farm table, and she gave me a great deal... So on Saturday off I went to pick it up and hit a couple of barn sales too, for some  R&R!  Then I came home and gave it a couple of good coats of varnish to help protect it some...   Still needs some work, but I like where it's going...
Since taking this picture I have tucked another chair up to the table and took the yellow advertising bucket from the black chair on the step and put that on the table... LOVE IT!  All it needs is a prim runner and flowers!  Of course my neighbors are teasing me for putting a table out in my "yard" LOL... I do it just for them! LOL!  Gives them something to talk about! LOL
So there you have it, I am hanging in there!  I admit it hasn't been easy this last month, but it will get better it has too, my family needs me!  Enjoy the day! HUGS! OLM

11 comments:

bettyj said...

I love it! So glad to know you are getting written up in magazines. That is quite the honor. I do love the stone on your house and the patio setting. I think it looks like a great place to visit with a friend. BTW I can be there by supper time.

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am just so excited for you being in "Prims" magazine again!!! Truly an honor for one talented lady!!!! I can now say that I own one of your wonderful girls!
So glad things are getting a little back to normal for you and that your dad is improving. I can see beautiful flowers now around your patio, it will be gorgeous! Have a great day! hugs, Lecia

jennifer768 said...

Congrats Marie! I am not a bit surprised though,your creations are awesome!Love what you are doing out front.I need to get outside and get a few things done.Have a wonderful afternoon.Hugs,Jen

Karen said...

I'm still saying lots of prayers for you Marie...this just isn't fair what has hit you.

CONGRATULATIONS on having your new dolls published. You are seriously going to have to put a good price on these beauties...they well deserve it.

Your new sitting area looks wonderful. Hey, do you have some kind of hanging basket or something that can be hung in the open space where the drawer was? And then have some kind of trailing flower coming out of it. Just a thought.

Karen

Raymond Homestead said...

How neat is that, to have your dolls published! Your patio area looks nice, a great place to sit and relax.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, congrats on being in the Prims mag, love your girls, I am so happy to own some of your wonderful prims.......Love your table, looks so cozy outside there....will be nice to get outdoors and enjoy the nice weather.....Will keep you in my prayers to get through it all, glad your Father is slowly on the mend too.......Take Care, Hugs Francine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I've said it before, I'm saying it again, and I'm sure I'll have to say it again down the road...but Congratulations my dear friend - on a well-deserved honor. But yikes oh yikes....don't go getting too famous or I'll never again be able to afford any of your wonderful Uglies. ;-) Love your outdoor space - the table looks great there - but I had to laugh. You don't know how many things I've purchased for "outside" and they end up "in" because I can't bear to think what our Nodian weather will do to them....So when I saw that gorgeous table, I did have to cringe a bit. Think of you so much, and keeping you close in prayer....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad to hear you are getting through. Think of you often. Congrats on Prims again. Woohoo you go girl! Yep famous..smile..Amy

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Well Marie.....
A celebrated artist I say! Mighty big CONGRATULATIONS
heading your way, mighty big!
Kari

P.S. love where your outdoor area is heading!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Bustin' with pride for you! I am blessed just knowin' you!
Can't help but add you in prayer, as it seems we are walking that same road.
Maybe now we can be blessed with a real spring......

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Marie! Congratulations on the honor! You must be so thrilled with seeing them in Prims...but I'm sure THEY were thrilled when they opened the box you sent and SAW those primtastic dollies. Keeping your family in my heart...Jan