Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Road Trip With Hubby To Homesteaders On The Prairie and More!

Time for a little much needed R & R!!!  Hubby and I wanted to get away couple of weeks ago, but until dad was on the mend, I really didn't want to leave...
Then I mentioned to hub's about the primitive shows in Arthur and surrounding towns and always wanted to go.
So we made plans and off we went... OH MY! The primitive eye candy... I wish I could of bought one of everything...sigh... and a bigger home to put it all in...  
Away all the pictures have showed up out of order...please forgive.. seems whenever I try to "fix" it, I delete pictures... So I am leaving them this time...
I have to say it was overwhelming, so much to see, that it was either look or take pictures.. So, not as many pictures as I would of liked...but here is what I took...
 Spirit of Country in Arcola....


 I met Barb Rice the publisher of Olden Days Magazine... Such a sweetheart!

 Arthur has many Amish families... Here is a buggy coming towards us...
 
 There is 4 shows in 6 locations in 3 towns... BUT, the most prim and my favorite has to be Homesteaders On The Prairie!  When we walked in, even hubby said " oh you are in your element"!  Great prims and handmade's!!!
 Love their banners....
Then, thought this was a hoot... won't see a sign like this around our town....
 Some pictures from Homesteaders....

 Here is the entrance going into Homesteaders... Love it...
 Here... OOPS I got soo excited I wet myself...LOL... not really, I think it was a candle wax spill.

 Just love this wall painting in Arcola... Oh broom corn!


 So of course I did not come away empty handed... LOL

 Got this gem of a cabinet at Homesteaders... Love... Still playing cleaning...moving yet again... It never ends in the prim home does it?
 Love this... I got this at Spirit of Country show.. Great Child's step back... still has the key, believe to be dated to late 1800's.....
 OOPS.... Snow day today!  We went almost all season with barely any snow and in the last 4 weeks it keeps coming...melting and then starts all over again.. No schools today I am told... Steven worked from home...

 So when Alex came home they went out and cleaned things up...but since I took these...probably another inch on the ground and still coming....
 But 46 by Sunday, so it's going to melt.... Love March snow... doesn't stick around..... LOL

Back to the goodies...Oh the pantry boxes at these shows.. oh my... Love them all, couldn't afford but these two... how they were still there when we found them I don't know.. I got both of these for $60... Most I picked up with color and handles...$ 200+ each time....
 Got another little hand made step back.  Came from a estate sale I was told... Signed on the back made for Mercy by Uncle Bob.. no date sadly, but love that it has that bit of history...
 Met Twigs from Mercantile Gatherings!  She's a hoot!
 Lastly I got these great dried little pumpkins...oh love them soo!  Going to try to do this myself this fall!
Thanks Misi for telling me how to!
Felt great to get away for 2 days... Not long enough... But it will do for sure!  Great time with the hubby.  I know he was a little bored while I drooled all over myself, but he was a good sport!

I am happy to report dad is home from rehab... not without some drama...sigh... but it wouldn't be my family if there wasn't some...
I am hoping later this week or weekend to FINALLY have a little spring/bunny update!  I have a few things done... few more to finish up, I will keep you post.  Have a great night! OLM

27 comments:

Karen said...

OHMYGOSH Marie,
I so would have loved to have gone to that show...Homestead I mean...been wanting to and just totally forgot about it...darn.
Oh please remind me of the upcoming shows in the area you go to...I just don't get the information or maybe don't know what to look up for a search.
Goodness what fun...so many treasures you got.
Oh the snow...Doug has been out 3 times today already!!!
Karen

Ann said...

Oh WOW! Love those shows - if only there were something like those shows around me here in NW Ohio. Your purchases are wonderful. ~Ann

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What fun!!! LOVE the cupboards, both big and small. You got a great deal on the pantry boxes!
Hugs :)
Lauren

jennifer768 said...

Marie so glad that you were able to slip away! Love the cupboards,especially the small ones.Sweet deal on the pantry boxes.Someday I hope to go to such a show.Happy to know that your dad is home,will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.Hugs,Jen

A Primitive Homestead said...

The wood cabinet is a beautiful treasure. Little step back looks wonderful beside the crock. I wish there were shows like this in my area. Thanks for the look around. Blessings! Lara

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Oh gosh, what great shows and how I wish I had been walking along with you when you ound the pantry boxes. I'd have wet myself for sure...lol. Your cabinets are really beauties and I can't wait to see what you do with them.
Donna

COUNTRY PICKINS said...

Oh my gosh Marie...What a heavenly trip! I do wish there was something like that around here. Loved your pics, and the cabinet is beautiful! Blessings,
Linda

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like I said Missy Marie - SPOILED ROTTEN....and I'm not talkin' punkins!! (BTW....Misi told you how to do those??? You gonna share or WHAT?!!) Oh how I wish there were shows like that around here....and a husband who would want to go (or at least not suggest I don't "need" anything so why go).... Yeah...it's been that kind of day. Think the snow has something to do with it??? Well, at least yours melts - ours doesn't...yet - but they're saying high 30's by the end of the week, so maybe, just maybe, some will go away!!! (And, hey - saw you were were on cleaning up the cabinet/cupboard of yours....you know, I really think those pulp boys need to head north....they might melt or something down Illinois way....no???) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Oh my gosh...
I am in eye candy heaven.
You found some wonderful treasures.
Woolie hugs
Trace

Prims By The Water said...

I agree with Robin..you gonna share how to dry those pumpkins? Can you see the drool all the way from Michigan..cause that's what I am doing right now looking at those pics. Hope dad is alright, Janice

Primlish ♥ said...

So glad your Dad is doing better!
Your new goodies are AWESOME!! I'm looking for a new cabinet for my dining room, I see a red one in your second photo that would be PERFECT!! Wish I could have gone...
Glad you were able to get away!
We got dumped on with snow today too.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, love your prim goodies, that cabinet is gorgeous....also so sweet the little step back is precious .....great shows, good for you to go and get away.......Happy your dad is well......Cute pumpkins too, Blessings Francine.

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Marie! Love the new cabinets...big and small. Ahhh...lovin' the pie safe and wall cupboards in your pics...a little bit of heaven there! Glad your dad is doing better.---Jan

Penny said...

Wonderful finds, Marie!! Love the cabinet you got and the little step-backs.... And oh, the pantry boxes are great! Sure do wish there were shows around here like that. We'll have to head west one of these days and hit up some of the shows you have out that way!
Glad you had a nice couple of days with the hubby, that you found such great things, and that your dad is doing better! Hope the snow doesn't hang around too long... we're expecting a couple of inches here in the NY metro area sometime tomorrow evening. I wouldn't mind if it just slid on by us and went out to sea... I'm waiting on spring and don't want anymore snow!!!

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a nice get away.
Brett and I are hoping to get away to TN in a couple of weeks.

Love the goodies you found.

Sorry to hear you are getting hit with all the snow.
It has flurring and freezing here lately.
Stupid Groundhog, doesnt know what he's talking about. :|

Hope warmer temps arrive for both of us soon.

I am glad to hear your Dad is home from rehab.

Hugs,
Tam

Patti said...

Wow! Congratulations on your wondeful purchases! Especially love those little cabinets. I was at the shows as well. I am lucky in that my parents live in Tuscola so I make sure to visit them on the prim show weekends ;) so fun to see the shows with my mom and dad. I only bought some smalls, and hope to share on my blog soon...
Blessings, Patti

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yep! I would have wanted one of everything.The pumpkins look neat.Oh my your new cupboard and the little stepbacks.Sounds like a wonderful trip.Glad your dad is on the mend.Warm Blessings!~Amy

TheRustyThimble said...

WOW ok I believe I live in the wrong part of the good ole USA!!
No such thing as shows like that around here or even close by

Great treasures Marie
glad your dad is home
Hugs
Brenda

Green Creek Primitives said...

PRIM HEAVEN is all I can say, still sitting here with my mouth open, yes I want it all, would had to have a truck. Love the cabinet and the small ones also. Great stuff you found Marie. Thanks for taking us along with you. Vicky

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day and even come away with such a beauty. You got more pictures then iwould have..Glad you had such a fun time!

Blessings
Tonya

basketsnprims said...

Marie, love, love love what you bought and I'm so jealous that you live near such great shows. Nothing here near me. I'll trade your snow for our snow, lol.
I could have done some damage to my debit for sure at any of those places. So glad for you that you got away and that your dad is on the mend.
xxooxx
pam

bettyj said...

Well, I can see why Homestead was your favorite. I saw so many things in these pictures I would love to have. I think you got a jewel in that little childs cupboard. Oh my the patine!!!I would love to go to those shows sometime before my granddaughter moves back from Il. Love your pantry boxes too. They were a steal.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Thanks for sharing the eye candy Marie ~*~Lisa

Robin ~ Bird In The Hand Primitives ~ said...

Hello...Loved looking at all the goodies in your pics...Wonderful !!
I would have to carry a towel to wipe the drool, if I had been there...As it is, I may have shorted out my computer !....lol
Glad your Father is on the mend..it's so hard when parents get older and health declines or accidents occur...not used to seeing them that way...
hugs,
Robin

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I am so HAPPY that you and your hubby got away for a few days. Glad to hear that Dad is on the mend...GREAT NEWS! You are an amazing daughter remember that.

I saw the pictures and I was DROOLING over my keyboard thanks alot I need a new keyboard now, LOL!

I LOVE the new cabinet that you bought and the child' step back. You lucky gal.
The only thing that was missing was ME, being there!
I could have bought everything I saw through the pictures you took.
You really bought some AWESOME GOODIES!

Here in our small town of Hopkinton. Mass we got over 20 inches of snow...YUCK. What the hell was the weather people saying.
First they said 8 to 10 inches and then they said it changed to 5 to 8 and then yesterday they changed it again and we got SLAMMED!
Just like you said it will melt fast but not fast enough for me.
I can't wait to get outside and work in my gardens.
My husband Ken worked at home yesterday too, thank the Lord. The roads here were unpassable but we didn't lose power thank goodness.

I loved reading your blog post.
You are a hoot of a gal and I am so HAPPY we are friends.
You are a hot s@**!!!!!!!
You are not fake and I love that.
Think Spring girlie.
Big Hugs friend.
Tricia XO

lilraggedyangie said...

What can a girl say besides ...DROOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...so many pretties so lil time :-0 And you know Im loving those new child size pieces OMG so beautiful . And you got to meet two really AMAZING LADIES I hope someday to meet TWIGS myself shes just a hoot . Happy moving things in a circle hugs lil raggedy angie

Raymond Homestead said...

Oh my gosh, what a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!