Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's Been A Week.. Wanting A Reset Button For 2013, ALREADY!

Oh Where to begin?  How much should I tell?  If you have been following my blog since my mom was ill and pasted away...you know my family has "issues."...sigh....I am hoping this not what our 2013 is shaping up to be....sigh....
So, last Sunday we were going to go out as a family ( hubby, the boys & I) to celebrate my Birthday a day early... BUT, the rain came, and it froze!  UGH!  Freezing rain... So we ordered in no big deal.....
Then.....The call came about 10 PM, it was my sister... aka ...fruit loop telling me my dad had a heart attack..I won't go into all the particulars here... Just let me say he fell on the ice, when they went to move him he pasted out from the pain.... sigh... SO long story short, No heart attack, BUT a broken hip!
And, because of how he broke his hip, he was going to need a partial hip replacement...
Though at first dad was fighting surgery, sigh, again... by Monday morning the pain was so great that he realized he had no choice but surgery.... So sadly my birthday begin and ended in the hospital, since he had surgery about 10:30 Monday night, finished up about midnight... It is what it is, as I say.  I can't change my dad....he is a stubborn man that does NOT take care of himself and there was a whole list of 'issues' and concerns about putting him under... Thankfully he came through it and is now in a rehab facility and hopefully on the mend... 
Then yesterday my brother had surgery to have what we are hoping is a fatty tumor removed from his side... yikes, it was about the size of a tangerine...he had a small one removed about a year and a half ago, I think it's time to call him LUMPY!  Sorry need to find a little humor in all of this.... 
So this has been a week... AND so soon after the new year, I so hope this isn't what is in store for the rest of the year... sigh.... all things crossed.. So I haven't been around much... haven't visited blogs...sigh... I miss you all... I have posted on FB, mainly because it's quick......
I don't have anything new to tell... Need to go get my taxes in order for the business by Monday...YIKES!  But at least then it's all DONE!
BUT... quickly and I haven't even had a chance to "play" yet.... Right before my birthday the QUEEN sent me a little birthday cash... it came right before all of this happened, and just in time for a little wall cabinet on  eBay that was coming to a end.... So I won that... hehe... and it came on Tuesday I think....
Hubby hung it for me on Thursday.... Remember I have been moving things around... making a bigger mess...lol... 
 So I had moved my little dry sink back up into the dining area of our kitchen... Then I decided I wanted a bit of change with the tobacco cloth curtains... see one thing leads to another..... So this is before the wall cabinet....
 Here is the cabinet... sweet little prim thing!!!  love the bread board ends on the door! Then I changed out the curtains sometime last week, before the "fall".....
 Decided to use a linen family heirloom shower curtain for the patio door... This way in the summer when the sun is strong & hot, I can pull this across some, as needed...
There it sits... sigh... no time to play... but it is what it is.... I will get back to it soon enough.  I went and visited with my dad a couple of hours ago... He's not crazy about all the therapy... He is more of a couch potato... so this is going to kick him in the butt, for a little awhile anyway... Hopefully he will be home in a couple of weeks...  OLM

20 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yes hard to get stubborn parents to do what's needed sometimes.Glad he'll be ok.Love your lil cupboard.They do say whatever your doing the begining of the year is how it's going to go.I sure hope not.LoL..I had a redo for my birthday and I think you ought to as well..smile..Big Hugs!~Amy

Trace4J said...

I agree a birthday redo is def in order.
You deserve it.
Love the sweet cubby.
Woolie hugs
Trace

jennifer768 said...

So sorry Marie! I am glad to hear that your dad is on the mend,I know all about stubborn dads.LOL! Will be praying for him,your brother and your sanity.Times like this make it hard to think straight.Love the new cupboard and the curtains.Big hugs,Jen

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, so sorry about your Dad but hope he will be o.k., they sure do get stubbord.......Love your sweet little prim cupboard, looks wonderful in that corner.....Hope you have a Bday redo,think you need it......Blessings Francine.

Heather Wise said...

I am praying for you, Marie! My principal's dad had the same thing happen- he is close to 90 and broke his hip. It was about a month ago. It was amazing how quickly they had him up. He is a frail little man, but in he came on Friday with his walker to do the books and a big smile (I've been told he is pretty stubborn too)! I will continue praying for him! Happy birthday, dear! Your cubby is wonderful! Hugs, my dear!
Heather

Theresa said...

Glad to hear your dad came through surgery okay.

Love the wall cabinet. Your home is so perfectly primitive. Love it!

Orange Sink said...

Hi Marie,
Goodness when it rains it pours down there!! And turns to ice!! Gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad but glad it wasn't a heart attack... having hip surgery is no picnic I'm sure! Will keep you and your Dad in prayers!
The decorating and changes you are making look awesome! It helps to have those great pieces to work with! Hoping things will turn around for you...
Stay strong!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wanna run away together?

Nah...I didn't think so. Me either really. I mean, what would we do without our "stuff"?! :o)

Glad your dad made it through the surgery uneventfully. Holy moly...I'd forgotten about hips....that's the one thing my mom hasn't broken yet....Gotta run and find some wood....

Happy tomorrow my friend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

(PS - LOVE your new cabinet!! Really - Ebay??? Was shipping a bear???)

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Here's hoping you got all the bad stuff out of the way for this year. Hope your dad bounces back quickly and your brother is OK.

earlene said...

That is a lot happening!
Happy Belated Birthday.
Love the room and dry sink and cupboard.

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Oh sweetheart I'm sorry your going through so much.
I sure hope things turn around soon. I will be sending your Dad and all of you my prayers.
My Grandma has fell and broke her hip twice in the last few years. But the surgery and therapy worked and had her back home in no time.

I definitely think Hubby owes you a birthday re-do!
;)
Loving your dry sink and cupboard.

Hope you get some play time soon.

Not sure what is going on GH.
Silliness that's for sure.
I thought it was all going to be in Lucy's head which would've been funny. But now??
I just heard the OLTL actors can't be on GH set after next week. OLTL is going to be a web soap called Prospect Park. All characters are under their contract, not the actors but the characters. So right now unless GH can work out a deal with PP no more stories for John, Todd, Starr. I heard they are thinking about ways to keep the actors but as different characters. ??? Weird. Who knows what is going to happen.
I am enjoying AJ being back though.
Fingers still crossed for a S/L with Elizabeth.

Take Care my friend,
Tam

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Marie. I hope you find that reset button. Hopefully things will settle down soon.
I just love your new little cabinet.
Hope your Dad is feeling better.
janet

~Sara said...

Praying for a restart for you. One day at a time is all we can do. Good luck with things. It helps to keep busy and keep on keeping on. Your new curtains and cabinet look great.Something new always adds a little pick me up. Blessings~Sara

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Sending my "bestest" of thoughts your way!
Hang in there...
Kari

bettyj said...

so sorry your year has gotten off to this start.But, maybe it is all out of the way for a while. I laughed when I read your shower curtain was hanging at your door, because that is what I have too. Mine was way too short so a friend and I ripped homespun and made it longer. Have a great day and I pray better things lay just around the bend.

frontporchprims said...

Oh Marie, what would we do without family drama? Iam sorry you had a stinky birthday. I am glad that your Dad made it through though and your brother too. You redo's look great and are a good way to take your mind off it all for a bit.

Primlish ♥ said...

Im sorry your birthday was a bummer. I hear ya on the stubborn Dad. Hope he is feeling better.
Your cabinet is awesome! Love both sets of curtains, nice to have options for when we change our minds. ;)

renee said...

Marie,
I am glad that your dad's surgery went well. I think you deserve a break!
I like your cabinet! I am sorry that your birthday was robbed, there has to be a silver lining~ right? Don't beat yourself up too much. You do pretty great!
God bless,
Renee

Prims By The Water said...

What a way to spend your birthday, but thankfully you dad had the surgery. I have stubborn mules in my family too, so I know what you went through. I love your new wall cabinet and your little corner looks so prim perfect. Try to have a great week, Janice

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I can only hope to get old enough to be as cranky and hard to please as my parents are for my children. I know I swear it won't happen but now I know it is definitely possible. that's why we raise our kids to be loving, responsible people!
Love your new cabinet with the shower curtain drape. Never thought of doing that. Looks great!
Hope things even out for you--soon...