Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Am Still Here! Update And More....

I am still here and alive... 
Emotionally beat up, but here... It's been a long month...sigh...oh so many sighs... 
But this is life, and it is what it is...
Good News is dad is coming home a week from tomorrow! I am concerned with his return home... But I have done all I can...beat my head against the wall... Hoped against hope the sister..AKA, the fruit loop would do the right thing, oh silly of me!  She is much too selfish and lacks common sense to do the right thing... The right thing being... My parents house is a split level.. but there is a bedroom on the main floor with a bathroom where she lives with her husband... Right after dad fell she told me they would move rooms around so he won't have to do the stairs....  So I have been telling rehab he will be able to live on the main floor.. NOPE!  She now "claims" she was told she didn't have to move rooms & he would come home doing stairs... DUH!  Of course he will come home doing stairs, but should he? if he doesn't have to?  Is it worth the risk of a fall? Apparently her comfort and my nephews not sharing rooms is more important then safety.... How stupid of me to think otherwise... I have done all I can, now I just hope I don't get another call about another fall...sigh....sorry for venting..me bad!

Needless to say I am still looking for my MOJO... LOL... I have started back creating slowly... Here is my little pile ready for grungy work... I am a having a hard time focusing...
 Almost embarrassing how little is done... shame on me....
I did manage to get to a fun estate sale over a week ago.... Oh my whomever lived there was a pack rat!  HEHE... Never threw anything away.....
 So I did get some fun old child's baking dishes for Ms. Joey to play with... and these great old Christmas cards...
 No way to show them all, but what fun they are!  All are from about 1919 to 1928 based on the post mark of some of the envelopes.....

Then slowly oh so slowly... I cleaned up my old China cabinet... This cabinet has been in the hubby's family since it was given as a wedding gift around 1878 I believe...
 Everything was becoming 'junkie' I think... see me hiding in the picture?  So I took everything out... dusted, thinned a bit.. etc.. over the last week...
 I was starting to just toss things in there... no good!
 So out everything came...

This picture is for Linda.. see we have the same salt & pepper shakers!  These were my Grandmother's.  My mom gave them to me when I was married... She pasted away at 46 of cancer, I never knew her... Wish I did.....anyway....
 Here is my work in progess... Top shelf is some of my favorite vintage Christmas and Halloween.  I just can't bring myself to put them away.... Second shelf is all family keepsakes.. Picture is of hubby's Grandmother's family... My mom's Stieff  lions from her childhood....
 still "tweaking" the bottom shelf....
Here is a close up... Everything on the 2nd shelf tells a story in our family....

See you haven't been missing much...Sorry I haven't been around much... Hopefully after dad comes home things will settle in..Then Spring is just around the corner... Usually I take each season in stride... but I am soo looking forward to some color, birds chirping... etc...  So that is all I have... I better get back to work, or at the rate I am going I will finish bunnies in July!

Thanks for visiting and everyone kind words for dad!  I so appreciate it!  OLM

17 comments:

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Hi Marie,
Youre not wrong at all.
Just because he can do stairs, doesn't me he should do them.
Safety would say keep him on the main level.

Still keeping my fingers crossed your life settles down soon.
Hugs,
Tam

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

You are right. Safety should be the first concern.
Hopefully she will come to her senses. You HAVE done all you can.
Great to see you sorting out your cabinet and getting some sewing done.
Take care.
Janet

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Marie, my goodness, ya think you Sis WOULD put your Dad first, keep him downstairs, that's terrible.......Nice Christmas cards you found, they sure don't make them like that anymore.......Oh boy Marie, you really have so many goodies there, love all your treasures, I am going back for a second look......Take care, Hugs Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Marie~ Better to vent to us because those "fruit loop" sisters just can't get it any way you put it your always in the wrong.Your creativity will come back your under alot right now.Like I always say day by day and baby steps.Sometimes we just have to realize we can't fix the world as hard as we try.Hugs!~Amy

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Yeah...many of us have those 'non helping " family issues! Dad had a bad heart attack and while we were all trying to keep their bills paid, MY fruit loop sister decided to come down to show off her new full length mink!....and expected to be catered to. UGH! Your mojo will come back...you've just been under too much stress lately. Your cupboard is looking good!---is that Wedgewood the candle is in? --Jan

The Moonlit Stitch said...

I have a fruit loop also Marie. Know what you are going through re: worry for your dad and it does make it hard to focus. Hang in there, it's a journey, this life. Sometimes we ride the crazy train with Ozzy and sometimes we're hopping through the meadow chasing butterflies, LOL. Can't wait to see what you do with your pile of WIPS, you are so talented! ~*~Lisa

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, So glad your dad is doing well. You have done all you can do, some things in life we have no control over. Can't wait to see all that you are creating, love your china cabinet and all of your goodies, I need to declutter, just don't have it in me.
Hugs, Lecia

Beckyjean said...

Well girlfriend...lack of MOJO and all...you've still gotten way more done than I have. I'm playing catch up in blogland tonight. Tomorrow I'll be working on a little wool runner again. Maybe I'll even get together enough energy to do a blog post. Glad to hear dad is doing better. Hope it all works out for you.

Have a good night~Becky

nancy huggins said...

Love the S&P shakers Marie..hurry over to my blog and leave a comment in my give away. I need to have more than what I have or they won't let me offer cool stuff any more :(
If you win and don't want the prize you can always give it away

bettyj said...

Aw Marie, try not to worry. My family has a motto,90% of the things you worry about never come to pass, don't let the 10% throw you. I am sorry you are under so much stress, but on a brighter side you have a marvelous Halloween collection. I love old post card too and love the messages written on them. Have a wonderful week.

Cindi said...

Oh bless your sweet hear Marie! I am so sorry about your many sighs! Praying that things work out for you dad!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Raymond Homestead said...

Hope everything works out where your dad is concerned. I know it's hard not to worry about things like that. Love all your Halloween pieces!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Marie I'm sorry you are left with worry about your dad coming home to less then safe conditions. Its hard not to be able to control the situation...Your prayers will have to do. Prayers for your dads safety!

Don't feel to badly about not getting much done or not posting much...seems many of us are feeling the same way...To many worry's clouding out minds...but everyone is still here waiting to hear from all of us who are hanging in the Fog..

Take care and let God do the work for a while..

Hugs
Tonya

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oh Marie-I am sorry you have to deal with all this...let's hope and pray for your dad and his safety.
It's okay to not be productive at times, especially when you have more pressing and important things to deal with.
HUGS

Prims By The Water said...

You should not have to worry about your dad like this..what a selfish sister indeed. When my daughter needed to come back home after her divorce, we gave up our back room so she could have her own bedroom. Cannot wait to see your new creations completed. Janice

renee said...

Marie,
I am sorry your sister isn't making good decisions in regards to your father.
Don't you just wonder how two can come from the same bloodline?
Hopefully, she will come around and see the light, or maybe she needs a giant foot in her backside!
Did I say that? Oops~ sometimes, I get irked with my sibling too.
I like the china cabinet and all your goodies inside. I can see why you keep certain things out.
You will find your Mojo again. Just take a breath and give yourself a break.
Hugs,
Renee

Karen said...

Good morning Marie...such a sad thing when one sibling is 'on the opposite side' of what the right thing to do is. It's not forever for heaven's sake...just a simple re-do for the time being. I feel so bad for you - it's hard when your hands are tied.
Slow??? I'm slow...not many new creative juices flowing here either.
Now that cabinet...wow...you have loooots of collectibles and I see how difficult it must be to think about packing some away...I love seeing my 'treasures' You are doing a good job of organizine. Love those Lions!!! Wow.

Okay...I have not FORGOT...I still have your 2 beautiful PRIM books that I do want to get back to you. If I remember correct the one was brand new!!! Can we meet somewhere again for lunch like last time with the hubbies???? We enjoyed that so much.

BREATH KIDDO!
Hugs,
Karen