Wednesday, February 13, 2013

26 Years Ago......

I wasn't going to do a post... But it's been awhile... Thought I would give everyone a quick update on my dad... 
BUT.... 
First....
I thought I would give a shout out to my wonderful hubby!  Tomorrow is our anniversary, Yes, we were married on Valentine's Day... I have always joked Hallmark will never let him forget the day! LOL
But, I am blessed!!  I am married to a man who gets me, puts up with my CRAZY family issues.  Loves me unconditionally, we laugh together, yes fight from time to time.  It' hasn't always been perfect, what marriage is?  But we have done it together and I am blessed, tomorrow is 26 years together.  I am sure many thought it wouldn't last, we married within 9 months of meeting.... Didn't mean to start a family right away, but everything happens for a reason and I wouldn't change a thing!
 So here we are oh so long ago......
 Then here I am with my dad... I always loved this picture of us together... My dad a little off beat, just like me...he didn't want to dance to Daddy's Little Girl, nope, we danced to Bad Moon Arisen by CCR...

So dad... he is doing well.. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks in rehab, I would think he has one more week... Then he should go home with therapy at home.  he has work ahead of him, and he needs to do it... Will he? HMMM... Time will tell... He is to young at 73 to be like this, so I have crossed everything....

Then, I took these last week after we got about 6 inches of snow.. that is now almost all gone.... It was a pretty snow.. Knuckle's was enjoying his walk... Love this picture.. Need to print it...


Here is Knuckle's ready to play!  Ready to go, and he did...LOL... ran around in circles.. cracks me up!

Tomorrow I should be updating my early works page... BUT... with my dad's fall, and I haven't been feeling that great lately...ugh.. and it seems I have misplaced my creative MOJO since the fall, sadly I have nothing... So I will be taking a break this month.  I do have a few bunnies planned, not a lot, but some.  I will keep you posted and will put them on my selling blog, very soon! OLM

26 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, Happy Anniversary to you for tomorrow, how wonderful...ya, don`t think he`ll foget it, tee hee......Hope your Dad will be o.k., Enjoy Love Day, Francine.

Raggedy Creations said...

Happy Anniversary Marie. Your dress was beautiful. Hope your Dad continues to get better.

Felicia

Sheila said...

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary....
and I'm with your dad, CCR or a little ZZTOP :-) Hope your dad continues to improve.
Knuckles sure was having some fun!
Take care,
Sheila

earlene said...

Marie Happy Anniversary!!!
Hope your Dad gets well soon.
He needs a visit from Knuckles.
Take Care
~Earlene~

Penny said...

Happy Anniversary!! You were a beautiful bride, Marie.... and your dress was outstanding!
Sending best wishes for your dad to get well soon! Hard to watch our parents ailing....
Knuckles is so cute out in the snow.... we have two shih-tzu's here.... one runs in circles like Knuckles, and loves being in the snow.... the other (a rescue dog from the south) shivers from the moment he leaves the house until we come back in! He must wear a jacket during these cold northeastern winters!!
Have a wonderful V'Day/Anniversary...
Warmly,
Penny

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Maria, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! What an awesome day to have an anniversary. You were so darn cute, I love your dress. And your hubby and your dad were quite handsome.
So glad your dad is doing well and on the road to recovery. Your creativity will return, After Christmas I was so burned out that I didn't pick up any crafts for weeks.
The snow is beautiful and that Knuckles is so cute and always makes me smile. Happy Anniversary!
hugs,
Lecia

Farmhouse prims said...

P.S. me again, by the way you are still beautiful!!! Lecia

Trace4J said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!
Love the photos.
Where does the time go?
So glad to hear your dad is doing better.
Love the beautiful snow.
Knuckles looks so happy.
Can't wait to see your bunnies.
Woolie hugs
Trace

Trace4J said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!
Love the photos.
Where does the time go?
So glad to hear your dad is doing better.
Love the beautiful snow.
Knuckles looks so happy.
Can't wait to see your bunnies.
Woolie hugs
Trace

Raymond Homestead said...

Happy Anniversary! Get well wishes to your dad.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy, happy anniversary and many, many more.
Hope your dad heals quickly.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

What beautiful photos - wishing you and your hubby a very Happy Anniversary.

Cindi said...

Happy Anniversary Marie!! Keeping your dad in my prayers.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Marie! Happy Anniversary! Love the wedding pic---and the pics of Knuckles...he looks slightly giddy over the snow! --Jan

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Happy Anniversary. May you have many more happy years together. Great pictures.
Love all that snow. We got lots here in Ontario too.
Janet

Mary said...

Happy Anniversay sweet Marie, may you be blessed with many, many more! Wishing you a Happy Valentine's day also. Keeping your dad in thought and prayer that he keeps progressing stronger each day. Love the pic's thank you so much for sharing, your dress was so beautiful. Knuckles makes me smile, reminds me so much of our baby here......can never get him inside when it's snowing out, he loves it so!
Big Hugs for a wonderful day filled with lots of love and laughter.
Mary

frontporchprims said...

Hi Marie. Happy Anniversary!!! You were such a pretty bride:) 26 years nowdays is like 100 or something. Seems like no one stays married anymore. Congrats. I am glad your father is doing well. It's hard to see them aging. We love CCR. What a fun memory. Our black lab just loved the snow so much. These pictures remind me of him. Hopefully you can find your mojo again. It's that time of year when our desires to do things go out the window and into the cold. A break is a good idea. Happy Valentine's Day. -Steph-

Beckyjean said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope you get that mojo back soon!! Love the pic of you and your dad. Looking forward to the bunnies!! Finally working on a snowman runner today..taking a day to do something fun!!

Enjoy your day~Becky

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Happy Anniversary to You & Yours!!!
Happy Valentines Day too!
Glad to hear your Dad is doing better.
Hope you get your mojo back.
Prim Blessings
Robin

bettyj said...

Happy anniversary, it is nice to see people still in love. You were beautiful! Loved the dance tune! Knuckles is a delight. I know I would love him

Karen said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Marie and also HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
Hope you are out right now celebrating!!!!
Hope your father recovers well, I know this si so hard on you...chin up and hang in there kiddo.
Blessings and hugs,
Karen

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Happy anniversary!
Hope you two had a fabulous day.
Loved the photos.
Still sending your Dad my prayers.
I'm sure your mojo will return in full force once your life settles down.
Hugs
Tam

~Sara said...

How sweet!
Happy Valentines Day!
Blessings ~Sara

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you had a great anniversary Marie. Hope your dad gets better and stronger. Take care, Janice

Primlish ♥ said...

I just saw this!! I know we emailed each other Happy Anniversary but I wanted to comment on here too. :)
I LOVE that your Dad wanted to dance to a different song. I hope he's doing better. Hugs to you both.
We still haven't gotten any snow here. Zip, Nada, Zilch...now I'm fine with it, I'm ready for Spring!

Allison said...

Happy late anniversary! I hope your dad is doing well.