Friday, January 25, 2013

Feel Like I Am Just Going Around In Circle!


Where is the time going?  I know one thing for sure, I am getting NOTHING done fast!  UGH!  It's been weeks.. and nothing is complete.  But there has been slow progress since my last post.  I feel like I am spring cleaning a wee bit early.  I have created piles, moved piles... displaced things, that is the biggest pain in this "thinning" quest I am on.... SIGH.....
Like I said there has been a wee bit of progress... so I thought I would share... I have dusted and cleaning up this pie safe, it's my favorite!  On top is my collection of pressed steal trucks.  The big one I got on my girls trip in October and I had said I would only have ONE...no new collection...OOPS!  Then I found the other 2 on eBay after Christmas... and I thought three is a good number and I like how they look together on top of the pie safe....Moved my biscuit advertising box under the pie safe and left out 3 of my favorite pumpkins. Since fall is my favorite time, I decided this year to leave a wee bit and I mean wee bit out all year to enjoy...My bears from Dru at Cinnamon Creek in my cradle....
 This week we have been FREEZING!!! No snow really... well today we finally got about a inch... That will bring our total for the season to 2 inches!  UGH!  I know many are jumping for joy, but after a drought all summer and now no snow, this is not going to be good for farmers in the area this year.....But in the freezing weather Knuckles still expects his walk...sigh... though we barely did half our normal distance all week....
 Here I am on Tuesday, Knuckles is pacing and it's like ZERO out!  UGH!  We walked six houses down and back...

I have moved my old country store wire basket a couple of times.. This is such a fun piece... I have a problem... LOL... I love Dru's dolls from Cinnamon Creek... Most of them are all tucked in here.... Why is it I don't keep anything I create... I rather have what others create!  Is anyone else like that?
 I've cleaned this pretty much all up!  I had piles on each flat surface as hubby said... I love my Terry Redlin print.. Great fall scene... but I have been thinking a BIG old Tobacco basket would look soo prim on that wall... Haven't said anything to hubby about my thought... Because I will hear, what will I do with the picture?  I have no idea.....sigh... want different wall sconces at some point too.... oh the rat is on the wheel!
 Couple of weeks ago my gal pal Cindy and I took off for sandwich IL for a little antiquing... remember I was looking for a little cabinet for some of my fabric, before I used what I had, which started the whole mess...Anyway, I did find this great old prim fly screen... I had told myself no more fly screens, but this one seemed like it needed a home?  I have one of Misi's beeswax  hearts from last year tucked in a old bowl....
On Monday of this week gal pals Sandy, Cally and I got together to celebrate my birthday a wee bit early.  We have decided to host a lunch for the birthday girl at each one of our homes... Monday we were at Sandy's... I should of taken my camera for pictures... sorry I forgot....
We all love prim and a few wonderfully prim gifts were given to me.  Now I am still playing and cleaning.. I will show more next time.  First gift to find a home was a wonderful old Christening gown from Cally.  Simple and Prim!  Love!  I received several wonderfully prim gifts from them!  I am a lucky gal!
 Not completely happy with the top of this pie safe... I left out just a wee bit of snowmen for the rest of our so called winter... for me this is simple... Love that bottle brush snowman, he is just so big compared to everything else... I think he needs to go....
Knuckles had radar for the Hot Dog Man today... Saw him come home from work, bolted for the back door until I let him out... Right to the fence he went...
Why?  he had a hamburg for him, that's way! LOL!  Click on the picture make it bigger, see Knuckles tongue? licking his chops after his hamburg that he ate in like one bite! 
 I was trying to  move pictures around as they kept getting out of order...sigh... then I deleted one... so I left them as is... Wanted to show you my 2 smaller children's wheel barrels I got for Christmas from my prim gal pal Cindy!  Love them!

Then lastly I moved my one light over on top of our hall seat.. Put it on a timer... I think??? I am happy with this move... it was on top of the pie safe with the toy trucks and it just didn't look right...
So there you have it, a whole lot of NOTHING!  No crafting getting done...cleaning and thinning going slowly... though there is one BIG bag for goodwill and another fun bag for my cousin, remember the one I converted to the "dark side of prims"!!! HEHE... She is just starting out and she is getting some of my cast offs... though still good stuff, but going to a good home!  Have a great weekend everyone....
PS... I am coming up on my 3 year blog-verasary.. WOW!!!  Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years.... It's been so long since I have done a giveaway... I think it's time... details to come!  OLM

17 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

Wow and here I thought I was the only person that always ran in circles and never accomplished anything but a bigger mess...its so good to know IM in great company. I always feel so far behind on everything ! I love the rearranging and all your prim pretties does your cousin have any clue how lucky she is to be gettin your awesome cast off loot ? lol and Princess would like you to know that knuckles should be allowed to see the hot dog man whenever he wants she says lol Have a great weekend Ps you can have my share of winter . hugs lil raggedy angie

Trace4J said...

I hear ya and feel ya?
I too feel as I am going in circles.
Cleaning out and making a bigger mess than I had before.
Woohoo 3 yrs you go girl.
Woolie hugs
Trace

Trace4J said...

Ps I love all your treasures. Especially your dolls in laundry basket. :)

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your home Marie, I love your trucks on top of your pie safe! Love the basket of dolls too! I am like you, I rarely keep anything I make, it is like one crafter told me, when she keeps her things it reminds her of work. I think that is it for me too. Burrr it has been cold, wish I was like Knuckles and didn't mind the cold. hugs, Lecia

Cindi said...

Oh my gosh...did you remember I am your long lost cousin too? You can send me my things next! LOL Your cousin is blessed, especially starting out it is so hard. I LOVE everything you have done. I really like those bears...too cute.
We haven't really had a winter here either, well yes the cold but on the news they said that just in January we are 8 inches below. I feel bad for the farmers and pray we get some moisture.
It was great "hearing" from you!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, love how your old trucks look on top of the pie safe.....also those are the sweetest little wheelbarrows I ever saw, lucky you......Your home is prim perfect, so welcoming,even if you think your going in circles.....Wow, 3 years, I`m coming up on my first, can`t believe it.....Enjoy your weekend, Francine.

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Humm, You dont think you have accomplished anything???
You is CrAzY!
Sure sounds like to me that you have been super busy.
Clearing out, cleaning, and tweaking is harder than some may think.
You sound like me, I always make a big mess when I start cleaning and rearranging.
It just feels better to pull it out, pile it up and start with a clean slate. My mind works better that way.
I think everything is looking fabulous. Love the way you displayed your trucks.

Yep, its been super cold down here too. We did have a heat wave today though... It got up to 40!!!
Sure seems like the whole winter as been colder than ususal. I hate it!
And as for the snow, well, if us Southerners get any more I'll box it up and send it to you, because I sure have had enough for the season! :)

Hugs,
Tam

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

'Tis the time of year to be puttering about the house, rearranging and doing this and that - it's what I've been doing as well!
Have a wonderful weekend Marie!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

My hubby collects Buddy L and Tonkas, but I make him keep them in the garage. He collects smaller ones and I have gathered some nice old shelves for him....
As for me, I'm hopeless. As soon as I purge/thin things out, I start gathering again. It is a vicious cycle.
Good luck!

TheCrankyCrow said...

We really, truly, are soul mates me thinks. Oh...how I love those simplistic prim canvases some create in their homes...and I say "I'm gonna...get rid of stuff, stop adding stuff, streamline"....whatever. It never, ever, happens. I just LOVE too many things....(But, shhh...don't tell Daddy Crow I said that....I just keep telling him the house is too SMALL!) I have ADHD when it comes to purging. It only happens for 1/2 a day max, and then I'm over it. :o Still have Christmas stuff up here (well, tree went down - had to, it was DEAD!) - and don't know when I'm getting it put away....but I promised I would work on the big "purge" after this term....in the spring. It would be nice to be able to walk in my study again. Smiles & Big Hugs to you my twin spirit.....Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

It's so hard to clear out things especially since we loved them that's why we had them in the first place.I'm a clutter bug to but let me till you when it gets controlled some you appreciate your collections more.Baby steps LoL..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Prims By The Water said...

Oh my Marie, so glad to have you join the Circle Club with me...I never got anything finished for the store for Valentines...so I think I am going to just start Easter tomorrow. I love your first pie safe..and don't tell Bob, but I start new collections all of the time. Knuckles knows who to chummy up to.Stay warm, Janice

Beckyjean said...

Looks to me like you're getting something done girlie!! I am currently surrounded my boxes and boxes of "stuff". Need to thin, but waiting now on the new home. Love all those new collections I'm seeing. A tobacco basket would look great on that wall (don't tell hubby I said that). LOL!!

Have a great weekend~Becky

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I LOVE your pie safe with the old trucks on top. That is how I would display them...awesome!
I know what you mean about being cold outside. It as been horrible this past week. You look cute all bundled up!!!LOL!!!!That is how I dressed last week and will still be this week but Wednesday they are saying in the high 40's and then cold again.
We have our wood stove so we are thrilled for that.

Also happy 3 years of blogging.
You said it is coming up so I wanted to be the first to say WOOHOO, HAPPY BLOGGING ANNIVERSARY!!! 3 years, doesn't go by fast!

Have a wonderful Senday and awesome week!
Hugs friend,
Tricia

nancy huggins said...

I think my favorite is the wheel barrels...just something about them that I like..maybe I could fill them with all kinds of dolls and bunnies and bears. I am not sure where it is you live but I am planning on heading that way in a month or so to look around in Byron and surrounding area..is that anywhere close to you?
Have a great week and just remember what you don't get done today will be there tomorrow :)
Hugs
Nancy

Dru Ann said...

I understand completely about going 'round in circles. I used to have alot of weeks like that. Everything you've done looks great ! I enjoy your blog ! xoxo

bettyj said...

You sure have been busy!Knuckles is just a picture. His coat is so shiny. Isn't wonderful to have friends actually buy you things you like? Your trucks are wonderful. I remember seeing the one on a merriment post. Hope all is better with your dad, that your head is better, and you are staying warm.