Sunday, December 30, 2012

Road Trip To Indiana .... The Christmas Story Displays And Robyn!

WOW!  New year's Eve Tomorrow? Blink this time a year and you can be in a whole new year! Yikes, time flies....anyway.... During the 25 days of Merriment Robyn over at Primlish told everyone about the displays at the Indiana welcome center that pay tribute to the movie A Christmas Story... It peeked my interest right away with that being one of our "must" see movies of the season, and that we had just watched it the night before Robyn's post....
In talking with the hubby, I realized it's not that far of drive from us... About a hour if traffic is on the light side... Hubby is doing very well since surgery... Back to work Wednesday for him! (yeah, just kidding)... We decide to take a little road trip.  At first the boys were coming with us, but last minute, change of plans for them, so they said anyway.....
AND... Robyn said if we took a ride to let her know & maybe we could met up.....
So off hubby and I went this AM....

 The window displays are from the original Macy's window displays in New York in 2003....




 On the weekend's before Christmas Santa is there on the hill for visits,just like in the movie and the kids slide down the red slide.  I need to make sure my brother and SIL take the kids there next year!

So once we got there I gave Robyn a text.... She had some time before work and she invited us to come over to her WONDERFUL HOME!  I was a wee bit hesitant, only because it was last minute and I didn't want to intrude, but she twisted my arm & I am SO glad we went.  Right as we came around the corner I said to hubby, that's her home!  HEHE!  Thanks to blog land.  We had a wonderful visit and I didn't even think to take pictures of her home, but I will say the pictures never due justice, so warm and inviting!   I could of stayed all afternoon!  Even hub's love their home, for a guy that's a big deal!
So finally we need to go so she can go to work, oops... we need a picture... both us not fans of pictures being taken.....
 So hubby took a couple of shots for us.  I really need to learn to smile...
Robyn is adorable and her home is perfect! Thanks for letting us invade on such short notice!
Off to organize a wee bit...Wishing everyone a most wonderful and safe New Year's Eve and New Year! OLM

20 comments:

Heather Wise said...

That is so awesome! We were talking about the house, and I was sharing about Robyn's post with my family today! That is so funny! Those windows are awesome! I love dioramas! We watch the movie with my brother every New Year's Eve, sooooooo... We also quiz each other on it! Can't wait! Thank you so much for sharing this! I am glad you had a great trip with your hubby!

Hugs!
Heather

Angela said...

Sounds like a perfect day trip. Those displays are amazing. Great pictures of you and Robin. Happy New Year to you and your family
Angela

Farmhouse prims said...

OMG Marie, I love Ralphie, I would love to see the display of "A Christmas Story". So glad you got to meet Robin, so wonderful to meet friends in person. Wishing you a blessed New Year! hugs, Lecia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
The Christmas Story house is probably 40 minutes from me in Cleveland and I've not been there, but once again did watch the movie. I just love it!
What fun that you got to meet up with Robyn.
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
The Christmas Story house is probably 40 minutes from me in Cleveland and I've not been there, but once again did watch the movie. I just love it!
What fun that you got to meet up with Robyn.
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Trace4J said...

How fun.
Love a Christmas Story too.
Love the photo of you and Robyn.
Woolie hugs
Trace

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ohhhhh....what a fun road trip!!! I watched Christmas Story on Christmas day (doesn't everybody??) :o) Would love to see this in person some day. Love the photos of you two ~ glad you both sucked up your distaste for being photographed for us....Two beautiful ladies!!! Happy New Year to you as well my gal pal!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

bettyj said...

I want my family to go there. Need to find out when it is open. I knew Robyn would be warm and hospitable, by her home. You are two good looking "Prims".lol. Isn't wonderful to meet fellow bloggers. We need to have a bloggers convention!

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

So cool! I won't even TELL you how often Craig watches that movie over Christmas...the marathon was made for him! The pic of you two is awesome.. and I see that beautiful candle rod on the mantle!
So nice that it worked out for the two of you to get together--Jan

Primsue said...

What an awesome road trip, and how exciting that you got to visit with Robyn in her lovely home.
Have a blessed New Year,
Sue

Prims By The Water said...

We watch the Christmas story every year. My fav part is when they go to the Chinese restaurant for dinner and the staff sings Christmas carols to the family. How wonderful to meet the fabulous Robyn in person! Happy New Year Marie to you and your family!!!!!!!!! Janice

Primlish ♥ said...

I am so happy you got to make it to see the display and to come over!! I should have called off! REALLY!!! But we will get together again.

Karen said...

Hi Marie,
I'm so happy your husband is doing so well after surgery that he goes on road trips...yeahhhhh for both of you.
What a fun thing to do and to meet Robyn...beautiful picture of both of you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Karen

Cindi said...

Oh what a special day! You got to see the awesome display and got to meet up with Robyn! I think you both look great in the pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Happiest of New Years to you Marie!
Kari

Beckyjean said...

Happy New Year Marie!! Looks like you had a good trip. It's always fun to meet a fellow blogger. I bet Robyn's home was amazing!! Glad hubby's recovery is going well.

Hugs~Becky

1890* said...

Love ya Marie! Wishing you bliss, happiness and prosperity in this New Year
{{HUGS}}

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Marie, I am so happy you and hubby could make the trip and your hubby is doing alot better.
Robyn is a sweetheart and has a beautiful home.
I love the pictures of both of you. Your BLUE eyes pop out, beautiful. I DON'T like my picture taken either~but my husband will say you do it to us all the time. He has a point! CHEESE, HEHEHE!!

Happy New Year Marie to you and your entire family!
Hugs,
Tricia

Roberta said...

How adorable are those displays! That's enough to put you in the holiday spirit, but a chance to visit a sweet blogging buddy makes it even more special! Looks like a fun visit--thanks for the photos! ~Roberta

Allison said...

Sounds like a fun time! Four out of 7 in my family love The Christmas Story. I would love to go there sometime.