Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Put A Fork In It.....Surprises....and More.....

I always feel such a let down once the holiday is over... Everyone starts turning off their lights...Down come the decorations.... sigh... Though the Christmas Holiday really doesn't end until the 6th of January at the Epiphany... the arrival of the Wise Men....
I probably won't keep the tree up to then... but at least through sometime next week... All that work, I want to enjoy it a wee bit longer.. How about you?  Do you take down right away or wait?
 So here is the clam before the storm I say.... Christmas Eve... Not a creator was stirring...until the arrival of the blond hurricane as Steven called her... Joey our Goddaughter... Well, after all Auntie "RE"  has such fun things to play with....

First I want to share with you a fun little box I received from Robyn over at Primlish!  She said for my love a vintage....
 She sent me 3 adorable ornies, that I love!!!  Love this reindeer... adorable....
 Love the old bubble lights... This is actually the first year we didn't put any on our tree, since we changed over to just white lights... Love this one, OLM, might need to figure out how to make a few more?
 Then, the Christmas candy, LOVE!  Robyn had no way of knowing my mom would buy these every year at Christmas, memories, thank you soooo much Robyn, they are the perfect addition to my tree!

So I have most of my family over on Christmas Eve... Started this many, many years ago.. with some of the drama that takes place in my family, I needed to keep Christmas Day for us and my sanity...so a quiet day...enjoy our family time and we usually go to a movie, love it!  Though once the boys move out, have girlfriends/or wives, I am sure this will change....

Here I am with the blond hurricane Ms. Joey, she is telling me what she would like for Christmas.  I am telling her this is the first I am hearing of this and it's now to late to go shopping, so there are no presents... HEHE... Of course she is not buying it!
 Mr. William being his goofy self!  Every 5 minutes asking when they can open presents... I kept saying after dinner... Oh the excitement of 4 1/2!!! It's the best!
 Here they are waiting for Tyler, one of our Nephew's waiting to give them a present from Papa, my dad.. I love this picture... Wish it was in better focus...
 Joey that loved to dress up, in her ballerina outfit she got....oh the smile!
 Here is OLM with my little brother... well, just by 15 months... and ms. Joey again...
 Katie, my brother and SIL's oldest getting into the action...Hi Katie... hehe... she reads auntie's blog....
 Rosie, taking a very short break for a picture... bad Auntie, I forgot up load a picture of Tyler & Travis...They were busy starting the wrapping paper fight that happens every year... I find paper balls for months!
 Alex opening a gift from Papa...
 Steven showing me his best smile?
 Gathering around the table for some snacks... There is Mr. Travis! In red....
 Hubby showing off a t-shirt from Alex... it has gotten many laughs!!! He is doing VERY well post-surgery...
 Then.... I MUST of been a good girl!!?!?!?  I found a antique bowl rack several weeks back.. FELL IN LOVE WITH IT... Kinda spendie, well not kind a, WAS... I tried to convince the boys that I was the best mommy they have EVER had and should get this for me... I won't go into all the comments tossed my way... LOL... Truly never in a million years did I think they would get it for me... After all hubby has a heart attack at what some of these primitive's cost... and you don't see many truly "old" bowl racks... Of course they played a trick on me.... Made me think my GF Cindy got it for Christmas... She comes in on Christmas Eve all excited to show  me what she got for Christmas...She even HUNG it on her wall... I was like THAT'S MY BOWL RACK!!???--- she was like sorry... yeah right... all I could think is they BETTER BE PULLING MY LEG.....
YES, they were.....
 Here it is, oh so prim... original stain... hand made, each peg a wee bit different since they are all hand carved....
Some say I am spoiled, yes I am, but I say blessed too! 
I so hope everyone had a most wonderful Christmas too!  OLM

19 comments:

bettyj said...

Oh how neat! I hope you were surprised. That is beautiful. You must have been very good this year. Your little hurricane is beautiful and I love her dress! I hate to tell you, but all my decorations are down and put away. I had them up since Nov 1. It was time.

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I am like you I get a let down feeling after Christmas. I try really hard not too, but I do. Maybe it is nothing to look forward to, I am not sure, I get mad at myself for being like this.
What a lovely family you have and such an awesome Christmas eve. I love the joy in the childrens eyes.
We are like you have a big Christmas eve. get together with Ronnies family.
Then on Christmas day, my kids and grandkids come for breakfast. Then Ronnie and I relax and watch Christmas movies all day, I love it. Love your bowl rack, your family adores you, and they should. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, wonderful pictures with family, thats what it`s all about....oh I`m loving that bowl rack, beautiful.....Keep Cozy Francine.

lilraggedyangie said...

Smile Marie holiday or not we still love ya :0) and umm DROOOLLLLLLLL on the bowl rack hugs lil raggedy angie

jennifer768 said...

Oh my what great times and great pics!Lovely ornies from Robyn,so sweet of her to think of you.Hehehee!They got you good with the bowl rack!Oh my gosh that is one lovely piece of history,so happy for you.Hugs,Jen

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh yeah....we're channeling the great minds thing, Sista... ;o) Rock on with the Christmas!!! Love your gifties from Miss Robyn....now, how sweet was that?!! That Santa is too stinking sweet!! But, me, I'm still lusting after that amazing bowl rack. Never saw a good OLD one like that.... And, sigh, even if I did, wouldn't have wall space enough to hang it. Dang windows.... You are lucky....and blessed.... Daddy Crow was a little shopping challenged this year. :o( You don't even wanna know what I got!! Smiles & CHRISTMAS Hugs ~ Robin

Roberta said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas. The anticipation in the little one's faces is just precious. I can see why it's your favorite photo! I take the tree down on New Year's Day but I keep a favorite Santa out in my sewing room all year. ~Roberta

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

I'm with you I too feel a let down after the festivities are over with...so long ago I made a promise to myself to keep the decorations up for me to enjoy...i love them and when I look at them i think of all the Christmas past and all the love shared every year!

Love your pictures...kids are great!

Love your Bowl Keep..Beautiful!!
Your kids have the same sense of humor as I do...I love to play tricks on the kids and family! Makes for so many fun memories!

Enjoy your decorations for as long as they make you smile!

Hugs
Tonya

alltheseboys said...

Oh what fun! I am the same way, always feel so sad today. I hate that Christmas has come and gone again. I love all the anticipation, LOVE it! I definately will not be taking my tree down until the 6th! I use to take it down New Years Day. But not any more!! Katie

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hello Marie. My tree and lights stay up till the sixth of January. I like to enjoy the season. Right now, the christmas lights are covered in a blanket of snow and it is so pretty.
Love your bowl rack. My DH made me a wall mounted quilt rack to go over my couch.
Happy New Year.
Janet

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I know what you mean by feeling a big let down once everything is over, it goes too fast!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Love your family get-together. We like keeping the 'DAY' to ourselves too.
Really envy you that bowl rack. it is gorgeous!

Primlish ♥ said...

Your new/old bowl rack is just gorgeous! You filled it up right away! ;) Looks perfect! Great boys you have there!
I am so happy you enjoy your ornies! If you can figure out how to make more bubble lights, I'm ordering from you!
My decor is still up and will continue to be for a few more days. It's FINALLY snowing...I'm going to enjoy it with the snow now!

busybee said...

I keep my decorations up through most of January because I decorate with snowmen. :) The main Christmas tree will come down on the second because I include New Years with my holiday! However, most if my other things stay up. :) I do take away any Santas and candy canes though. Looks like you had a nice Christmas! Love your husband's shirt! Lol! And we are movie people too! Great idea!

Primsue said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Your bowl rack is awesome. Wishing you a blessed New Year.
Sue

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

You are Blessed!!! Love the bowl rack!!!
Love all the Christmas pics ~ oh the fun!!!
TFS and putting a smile on our faces!
Wishing you many Blessings in the coming New Year!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cindi said...

Hi Marie, all of my things stay up until the weekend after the first and then I still leave all my winter things out, I even have a little snowman tree. I love winter! Love your gifts from Robyn, so sweet! AND YOUR BOWL RACK IS AWESOME!! You deserve it!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Rugs and Pugs said...

OMG! Hubby's shirt is just too funny!
I know the letdown feeling. I feel like I missed Christmas...sigh.
Hugs :)
Lauren

frontporchprims said...

Wow Marie. I love this post. It's so happy. You are blessed to have such a family (even the drama too) Ha ha. I love the beautiful bowl rack. The color is very pretty. Glad you had a good Christmas. My decor and tree stay up until after DH birthday on Jan 3. Then the next day I swoop in and get it all taken care of. I do like to extend the season a bit. -Steph-