Monday, December 10, 2012

Merriment WEEKEND!!! -Day 12- The Joy of Friendship!!!

What a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!  I wanted to post even more pictures, but blogger was being touchy up loading...anyway...
Yesterday was my 11th annual ornament exchange with my friends!  What a great day!  I think it was my best one yet!!!!
I was NOT stressed!  First time EVER! I think.  I worked slowly all week getting things ready.  (helped keeping the back happy too!) So by yesterday, I have the usual last minute details, but no running around with my head chopped off and getting, you know.. I will say it bitchy! LOL! 
 Here I am with Sharon on the left and Teri on the right.  We have known each other for years, back to our Longaberger basket selling days... AND... two of the "trouble" makers in doing something to the OLM homestead each year!  LOL!... Sharon is one the BIG instigator's in this... LOL...  This year was no different...
 Cindy and Cally....
 Sarah, and Jesse, doesn't she look great at 91!!!  Sarah is my newest "prim" gal!! HEHE!!! She is now walking on the dark side as I call it!  I think I have created a Monster!
 My SIL Michelle getting into the "spirit" of things and knuckles sticking his nose into everything!  He was a VERY BUSY BOY!  Trying very hard to lick any glasses down and knuckle level I call it.... oh that dog, he is sooo lucky he is so darn cute!  But, he just wanted a little Holiday cheer too!
 This is what TROUBLE looks like, Mary, (she is a bag too)  The ring leader I would say!  Cindy, I will do anything you want!  and cry fowl every time...HEHE... Nadine, I fly under the radar, but shouldn't be trusted! LOL.... Let's things were moved around A LOT... and everyone is getting "busy" if you know what I mean... giggles... sigh... They were creating  " scenes" they say... Keeping with my theme.. See every year I have a theme for the ornaments that are to be bought... Makes everyone work  a wee bit and put a wee be in thought into it... I don't want to make anything easy...HEHEHE...  I have never seen Santa's do that...sigh...LOL.... My vintage Santa's from a few post ago, were found on my bed... I will leave at that... and My elf collection, they are dirty boys! LOL..... and so on......

So we play the steal game... Do you know it?  Everyone gets a number.  I had 15 this year including me... Stinks to be #1, and #15 is the best!  #1 one take a gift, opens it for all to see, then from there on out in order anyone can steal from you, or pick a ornie.  If you are stolen from, you pick a new ornie, you can NOT steal from anyone else... and so on... until #15 has the pick of the crop so to speak... lots of fun, I think.  AND LOTS OF STEALING THIS YEAR!!!
 Nadine, sadly was #1.... opening... now I will I steal on principal... yes I stole from Nadine... she had 2 ornies... she "tried" to hide one down her shirt... I will let you figure out what I had to do... LOL... yes, we are that kinda group!  LOTS of laughs!
 Now here is me...notice new shirt.. no sweater... lets just say I was having some "hot" issues... something a wee bit new for me... and UGH!... I am VERY sad, as I know this is going to be stolen from me and it was!
 Sarah, getting her 2nd ornie.. Jesse her Grandma-in-law stole from her the first time... See even family is NOT save!
 My Aunt had #15 and lets just say she SOOOO enjoyed that!  Here she is on the "prowl" yes in the end Sharon lost her ornies! HEHE!!!!  No worries, everyone goes home with a ornie and a little something made by OLM, just for coming...

Then for fun... I thought I would share this ornie from year's past... The theme that year was Angel..  I was going to tell the story, and just now decide, INSTEAD!!! A FUN LITTLE GIVE AWAY!!!!  The FIRST one to leave a comment and tell me what she is made out of will get a "little" gift of Holiday cheer from me!
 Any thoughts??  Ladies????  thinking caps.......
Lastly, I need to share a hostess gift!  My very first pair of depends slippers!  So if I laugh so hard it's running down my leg, I have something to "catch" it all!  Family and friendship is the best!  OLM

24 comments:

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Hi Marie,
Looks like a Fun Fun Time!
I know exactly what that little angel is made out of.
I noticed it, before I read.
Whew!
I was thinking, I'm all for reduce, reuse, recycle but this is taking it to the extreme!! :) Heehee!

Have a great week. Try to take some time to relax and enjoy.

Hugs,
Tam

Trace4J said...

Afternoon Friend
Now that is what Christmas is all about.
Laughter and new treasured memories with those we love!
You look beautiful.
Woolie HUGS
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheRustyThimble said...

Ok so I want to know what she is made from, I thought a cotton ball??

what a great time you gals had, I would love to have been there to see all that fun

HUGS
brenda

TheRustyThimble said...

blow up that picture it is a tampon!! OMG
Brenda

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Brenda Said it!!! LOL!!! yes it is! OLM

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Okay I'll say it..,
Yes it's a tapon!!!!
Hugs
Tam

Karen said...

Oh you sweet thing you ... you alaways make me laugh even on my worst days. THANK YOU.
What a fun bunch of girls/ladies/friends/relatives you keep in touch with...this is so wonderful. I love the fun you have and how you share it with us.
Hugs,
Karen

bettyj said...

How much fun! Nothing like good friends and family. Actually that is what is important. Laughter! I am going to keep my eyes on your slippers. lol

Penny said...

At first I just saw what I thought was cotton balls, but then that lovely pink item came into the picture.... Yes, a tampon... Hah!! Too funny!
Sounds like your gathering was lots of fun! We play the same stealing game each Christmas Eve... what fun we have....
Have a great day, OLM!!!
Penny

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Lots of laughs. Look a fun bunch of friends. You all look like you had a wonderful time.
Janet

jennifer768 said...

Sounds like a great day ,full of love and laughter.Hugs,Jen

Primitive Stars said...

Oh what a hoot, such a great time.......good friends and laughter....that's the best, love the slippers.......Ha..........Blessings Francine.

Vicky said...

HAHAHAHA! That Angel tops the list of using things around the house!!!
That's such a FUN game to play amongst good friends. I've played it with a church group...yes, a CHURCH group before and saw 2 women FIGHT over something! SHEESH!! Glad you had a good time!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

frontporchprims said...

What a fun time Marie. I love the pass the present game. Your slippers are to die for, as well as the angel ornament. Life is so much better with goo friends.
-Steph-

frontporchprims said...

Ha....good friends I mean:)

BumbleBeeLane said...

I'm late for the tampon giveaway but glad Brenda got it..smile..I so want to party with you girls,I'm sure I'd have a blast.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Heather Wise said...

I love the "pass it game"- I like making my students do it. We did it as a staff one year. My friend, Tim, got a burner from a stove.

And the angel, I had to read the comments. I wasn't sure. Ewwwww! Marie!!!!! LOL! I love the reaction you got out of Brenda on her blog... Baahaaahaaa!

Blessings, Ms. Merry Recycler!

Heather

earlene said...

What a riot!!!!!!!
Depends slippers...too funny!!!!
Hugs
Earlene

Prims By The Water said...

OMG..too late but I knew what the angel was made out of...what a riot you gals are! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Arghh...see what I get for being late to the party??? I actually figured this one out before I even read that you were having readers guess. (Back in "my" day, they were called "plugs." Pleasant, huh???) ;o) So glad you all had fun. Love that first photo of you....that one with just the shirt....wow...You look like you mean BUSINESS! (Wanna come get a box out of my mailbox???) ;o)

Wishing you all things merry & bright ~ Robin

Cindi said...

Oh how much fun! It must be just glorious to have friends and family that you can have such good times with. Treasure each moment as I am sure you do!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Primlish ♥ said...

The creativity just flows...no pun intended. ;)
Great slippers! You have a good group there Marie! That's special!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

You are so lucky to have this group of friends/bags to hang out with. Nobody around here does anything fun.... Bah humbug!
Love my little elf--named him Christopher. 2 of my little girls just giggled when they heard his story and looked for him. Thank you so much. You are the best!

Beckyjean said...

Oh...the fun!! The giggles!! That is what it's all about...getting together & having a great time!! And yes..a tampon ornament & depends slippers. You ladies ROCK!!

Have a wonderful day~Becky