Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Merriment Day --9 Planning...

The planning... looking through my collections of magazines..  I have a hoarding issue with magazines... Looking at recipes...planning... why?
This Sunday is my annual ornament exchange with my friends.  I have been doing this for 11 years now.. Just a little reason to get together before the season gets to crazy.. Have some Holiday cheer and excuse to get together.... So planning...
I think I have my menu set, very simple this year, with having not felt well and such... Simple is good, it's about the friendship more then anything else!  So this year, I think there might be about 15 gal pals here, give or take... you know how last minute things come up...and that is OK too.... life happens...
There will be a few laughs, I hope... a memory or two... and one thing is for sure... My house is never the same... Oh my friends... from "stealing" from me to see if I can figure out what is missing...giggles... yes, I do figure it out!  To adding things to the homestead...hiding things... or the year of confetti... I think I still found some about 6 months ago... that one was the gift that kept giving for several years! Yes, very blessed with wonderful friends and family... off for more planning... details later... OLM

13 comments:

Robin said...

Simple is the best. Sounds like yiou gals will have a great time. Don't forget to show us all of the ornaments!!

1890* said...

I imagine it always starts out to be a simple occasion ....BUT knowing it's at the Morgan Homestead..something tells me the clean up is never simple! ....I hope the Morgan boys are occupied that day ;0)...they are such a hoot Marie!
{{BIG HUGS}}

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh...so wishing I were close enough to join in the festivities. Don't know when or how it happened, but seems like Christmas got so busy, the get-togethers with friends and such got fewer and fewer....And why bother with all the hoopla of decorating and such if no one sees it?? Have a great time!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

frontporchprims said...

How so much fun. I love to have holiday get togethers. What a great tradition you have with the same gals. I hope to live somewhere long enough to have great friendships like that one day. -Steph-

bettyj said...

Seems to me the elf on the Shelf needs to be watching your friends! Naughty girls adding and taking away!lol What fun it is to get together with good friends. Enjoy

Trace4J said...

Friends and Family is what Christmas is all about.
Woolie Hugs
Trace



www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Primitive Stars said...

Fun Family and food, nothing better, thats what Christmas is all about, being with loved ones, Francine.

Angela said...

Oh it sounds like so much fun. Have fun planning. I am sure all you gal friends will have a wonderful time. Be sure to take pictures so we can smile right along with you.
Angela

The Moonlit Stitch said...

What a fun tradition! Simple is always best - hope you are feeling better and make lots of fun memories ~*~Lisa

Prims By The Water said...

Oh my, I thought I was the only magazine hoarder out there..so glad to hear there is someone else out there with the same need to keep these. Have fun with your gang..I'm sure you will! Cannot wait to hear the stories! Janice

Cindi said...

That is such a neat tradition. I can't wait to hear all about it. How special that you have so many friends.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Primlish ♥ said...

Not only would I know if something was taken or added, I know when something was picked up and put back down in the same spot! ;)
Have a blast, I can't wait for stories and hopefully pics!

Beckyjean said...

Have a great time!!

Hugs~Becky