Monday, December 3, 2012

Merriment day --7 -- Letting Hubby Play too...

So early last month the hubby comes to me and says I would really like to put up a small train and track... Around the tree I say? No, could I put it on the farm table?  HMMM.... now he never asks for anything really... It would be wrong to say no.... I can decorate around it, I ask? YUP....
 Nothing over the top, just a little train that fits on the farm table, and NO Becky you can't have it!!! HEHEHE... I put some of my vintage paper village around it.  I have one more Charlie Brown tree, wee bit bigger then the one I showed last week.  These are my favorite trees... I have never come across them again...sigh.....
Used my vintage shiny bright ornaments... some where my MIL'S... So nothing over the top, simple and the hubby is very happy, if you stop by, he will stop you show it off to you! OLM

13 comments:

bettyj said...

I am of the opinion nothing says Merry Christmas Merriment more than a train around a tree! SO neat.

Trace4J said...

Oh friend love the train and the shiny bright ornaments.
You have some great Christmas treasures.
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

frontporchprims said...

Hi Marie. Boys and thier trains:) It's a very nice village. It reminds me of the one my mother used to have only it was a vintage plastic one. I love it. I have some of the same ornaments on my little tree too. They are very special and belonged to my grandmother.
-Steph-

Primlish ♥ said...

I love the train! How cute that your hubby gets excited to show and tell his train! Do they ever grow up?

1890* said...

Kudos to the hubs!..it's such a sweet treat to find a train around a tree these days!*LOVE IT!
LOL you got a "Narley" tree!
I just fought with that same type and make tree as trying to come down the attic stairs.. it kept catching on the stair window curtains ... I used to sell these trees in my store(although green pines) as Halloween trees because they have such wild poise .. You can have my last one if you want it ;0)
{{HUGS}}

BumbleBeeLane said...

Isn't it fun to watch them get excited like a kid again..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

The first Christmas gift I bought my hubby after our marriage was a train set. I love a train around a tree--so Christmasy. Your hubby's train is great! :) --Jan

Terry said...

Dear, Dear Olde Lady Morgan!!!!
Thank you so much for the gorgeous snowman ornie!!!! He is posted on my blog for everyone to see. I lvoe him! Thank you again, Terry
ThreeCatFarm.blogspot.ca

Primitive Stars said...

Love the little train around the tree, the shiny brights are beautiful......Great trees, Blessings Francine.

primlin56 said...

i have enjoyed following your blog each day as your decorate....thanks for sharing

Cindi said...

First off Marie I love your tree, I was going to ask where you got it..sadly I got my answer. I love the train around the tree. So neat how this display is the both of yours!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Beckyjean said...

Love your hubby's train Marie. My house is overrun with Nutcrackers. Hubby loves them. He's looking for a life size one (hope he never finds one tee hee). I think Ms. Becky was whispering in Santa's ear... something about a blue farm table over at OLM's house that she wants.

Have a great night~Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Trains and Shiny Brites...what's not to love?? Someone I know does Christmas so very right....! Smiles & Shiny Brite Hugs