Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merriment day 6 -- THE DO OVER...


I want to thank everyone for their great comments yesterday... truthfully, I never really liked the snowman in the bed of the truck. I just so wanted it to work, since he was a bottle brush too...
So the first thing I envisioned doing with the truck was this... So back to my original idea... Hint of batting in the bed of the truck for snow... Laid most of the trees on their side....
Then I added JINGLE spelled out in some of my old child's blocks... and I think they are ready to go?

What do you think?  I think it's a wee bit better?!..... I love this old truck, it  spoke to me... paid few bucks for it, but it was a must have... Sits on the raiser on our harvest table for all to see.... Enjoy your Sunday... ick, and yeah.. almost 60 today... But it's December 2nd... and dusting really would set the mood... Though, I should be careful what I ask for.... OLM

18 comments:

Primlish ♥ said...

I am the same way with displays I'm not sure of. Half my previous posts have probably been tweaked again! ;)
Looks good!!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love it.
Janet

1890* said...

Loving this too! ....especially the blocks ;0)

Primitive Stars said...

That looks so wonderful Marie, like the others, always changing something with the displays.......Sweet little blocks, love it.....Blessings Francine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yeah, I think I like it like that! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

frontporchprims said...

Now that's more like it:) -Steph-

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Im loving it!
I have an old solid red truck, sort of like yours. It was Bretts uncles when he was a child.
I have it displayed here in the basement with one white bottle brush tree standing in the back of it.
I like your multiple trees. Kind of like they're all set up ready to sell some Christmas trees out of it. Cute! Cute! Cute!
Hugs,
Tam

Carmen Sutton said...

Love the change, trees being hauled in for the holidays!

bettyj said...

That truck talks no matter what is in it, but I bet a real life truck like carried a load of Christmas trees somewhere to sell. Don't you? Love it

Beckyjean said...

Lovin the revamped display!! You can have the snow down by you~I'm lovin this wonderful warm weather. Snow can hold off till Christmas Eve.

Enjoy your Sunday~Becky

Trace4J said...

Ok I love it..
But I just loved the dapper fella too.
But hey its your display.
Now I do love those blocks.
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way.
I ever tell ya I like to sing...not well though..lol
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

jennifer768 said...

Oh yes,I love it! The blocks are a great addition.Hugs,Jen

Primsue said...

I love it! I have enjoyed all of your other merriment posts.
Blessings,
Sue

Cindi said...

It's absolutely perfect Marie! Love the blocks too!
Be blessed,
Cindi

I am wishing for some white on the ground too!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yes so much better.Envokes thoughts of the farmer taking his trees to town for the city people to buy.I can see the old truck parked and the fancy dressed people picking the perfect tree after visiting santa.I'm so gonna half to find me a truck like that..smile..

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

I love the truck with the bottle brush trees! Perfect display! ~Roberta

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Looks like it is right out of "Christmas Story"....old truck delivering Christmas trees! Love it--Jan

Green Creek Primitives said...

Love the big old truck, looks great with the trees tucked in. It would have spoke to me also. Vicky