Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merriment day --22!!! Baking!!!!

YIKES!  I think I am going to lose it... breath, just breath... it is what it is... I was doing so good, where did it all go wrong?  I know I will blame hubby's surgery...HEHE... I should of started my baking over the weekend...But that pain in the you know what cold/sinus infection that I have been battling on and off since Thanksgiving made a return appearance over the weekend... Thankfully I had a doctor appt. already set up for yesterday... blood work that needed to be done, SO I have able to get some antibiotic's too! 
Feel sooo much better today... but the clock is ticking fast.....
I  started some baking, I did another double batch of the chocolate covered cherry recipe I told you about back in day???  yikes, don't remember...
They are sooo yummy!

So I need to get this all boxed up and hidden so they last... The boys are already into them....   I also took the same recipe, made my dough balls a wee bit smaller, baked them for a wee bit less time, then topped them with some Andi's chocolate mints... let them melt some... swirled them around like a frosting on the cookie, oh so yummy to especially if you like mint cookies!  I didn't take a picture of them... getting late.. have dinner started and I didn't want to get side tracked tonight and forget my post... Happy baking... hmmm..what to make tomorrow? OLM

PS... I did get a small update on my selling blog last night too... if anyone is interested, jsut click on the snowmen on the right and it will take you there...

14 comments:

Danice said...

Wow, they look yummy! I love to eat but not to cook, lol! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

It seems to be baking day for a lot of us! Hide those yummies ...the guys can eat them much faster than we can make them!!! Haha!---Jan

Angela said...

Marie, Hope you and Hubby get to feeling better really soon. Christmas is coming,,,,,heck would be nice to put it off a week or two, WOuld I be ready then,ugh No. Those cookies look delicious. I still have baking to do as well. Take care
Angela

Trace4J said...

Yummy!
Send some here please.
Just started my baking today.
Oh well.
What gets done gets done :)
Hope your feeling better and better.
Woolie Love
Trace

bettyj said...

Yum! I hope you and hubby both feel better. I had the flu about 2 weeks ago and thought I would never get over it. Z pak, cured me right up!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Can you package some of those up with my reindeer please? Baking did NOT go as planned today...and the counter is still, well...under excavation. I did get your (err...Rachel's) 5-minute fudge done.... :o((((( (We're supposed to breathe.....really???) ;o) Smiles & Breathless Hugs ~ Robin

Prims By The Water said...

Seems like it was baking day today around blogland...everyone except me...no time this year..oh well...might make some cookies for New Years. LOL Janice

Primlish ♥ said...

I feel so guilty, I didn't do any real baking this Christmas..Just those premade sugar cookies that you basically put on a pan and heat for 8 minutes.
Your cookies look so good!

Beckyjean said...

The mint ones sound so yummy!!

Have a great night~Becky

1890* said...

Cookies look delicious Marie! Wishing the Mr &the Mrs. Morgan a speedy recovery.
Glad to hear the antibiotics are helping you...
Did you know that...NyQuil® is a truth serum...Depending on your situation it could be the best or the worst thing to take the night before a family gathering ;0(...read your FB ;0)
{{Hugs}}

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, Yummy do your cookies ever look and sound wonderful. Don't be surprised if I stop by for some and a cup of coffee. hugs, Lecia

frontporchprims said...

I didn't do any baking this year:( :) Well, unless you count Rice Krispies treats. We will do sugar cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa, and that's about it. I feel liberated!!!! Ha ha. Your cookies on the other hand are making me hungry. Must look away......Yes, hide them up good or you might not get any yourself. -Steph-

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'm just going to enjoy everyones yummy goodies in blogland ~ no baking for me this year ~ not enough time. I will only make some peanut butter balls and pretzels with kisses and mint M & M's.
Hope you get everything done on your to-do list and you feel better soon!
Enjoy your day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cindi said...

The one with the Andee's mints....YUMMO!!!
Be blessed,
Cindi