Monday, December 17, 2012

Merriment Day --21 More Vintage

WOW, it's coming fast, starting to feel overwhelmed with the last minute "stuff" I need to do...how about you?  Thanks to Misi and Robyn this has been such a fun escape!
One thing I have realize I have a disease!  LOL!  I can NOT get enough of vintage holiday stuff....
 especially if I find it on the cheap...sigh... anyway last year at a little antique shop in Genoa call the Laughing Cat, one of the dealers has been selling off her collections of vintage holiday... I visited 2 or 3 times I think last year.. She had so much fun stuff, and at great prices!  THese are a few of the goodies!
 So on one of the shelves in the cabinet in the front room I have a collection of Christmas and Halloween...  The old Mac Donald's farm game in the background has meaning because my maiden name is Mac Donald, and spelled just like that MAC, not Mc...I have only that one time found something with the correct spelling of my maiden name... what a hoot!  And this great old stocking... love!
So these goodies are out all year, to much fun to put away....  A little merriment all year long!!!OLM

14 comments:

Penny said...

Hi Marie! Love all the vintage Christmas you have!! I've started a small collection myself, so it's fun to see what others have found!

Love your MacDonald's game.... made me chuckle a little because my maiden name is MacAdam, and it was NEVER spelled correctly... :)

I, too, am having a mini-breakdown over how close it is to Christmas! I have been sick with the flu and out of commission for several days, so I'm quite behind! Good luck with everything!
Penny

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, Love all of your Christmas vintage collection, awesome. hugs, Lecia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun, fun stuff Missy Marie....Arghhh...You're just "starting" to feel overwhelmed??? I've been there a good long while already. Still grading papers....and time is tick, tick, ticking away...Nary a present bought nor a cookie baked. And let's not even talk about the dust dinosaurs....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Love your collection Marie! I know I had a Frosty like the one you are showing with the tophat....must be at my brother's...OMG I hope he didn't throw out all mom and dad's Christmas stuff!----Jan

bettyj said...

What a wonderful vintage collection you have. I am glad you shared with us, but the sad thing is I remember when it was new, some of it!lol Again thanks for sharing and it is wonderful we like things like that because it preserves it for years to come.

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Marie, love all your vintage goodies, it is hard to stop collecting when you find a good bargin, Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

I believe many of us have this disease and I for one do not want to find the cure for it..love to collect! Have a great week Marie, Janice

Beckyjean said...

Lovely,lovely goodies. Where ever do you keep them all?

Hugs~Becky

jennifer768 said...

More fun goodies!Hugs,Jen

Cindi said...

Oh Marie what fun things! I love that you keep them out all year long, that is very merry!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Trace4J said...

Boy oh Boy I love your vintage Christmas!
Woolie HUGS
Trace

Primlish ♥ said...

It amazes me how someone could want to get rid of their vintage goodes, but what a score for you!! My hubby would just love all your finds!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun! I LOVE IT!
Hugs :)
Lauren

frontporchprims said...

Your vintage collections amaze me more and more with each post. They are stunning. I am going to the antique store to find a vintage gift for my SIL for Christmas. She loves them too:) -Steph-