Friday, December 14, 2012

Merriment day --18!

I took this picture a couple of evenings ago.. Everything dark and just the little tree lite in the kitchen. 
See a couple of years ago when we were remodeling, we HAD to put our tree in the kitchen in this area.  ( Our old eating area). Everything else was still a mess.  Since then Hubby has always liked a tree there... So this year I thought I would take my slim prim  tree and tuck it there.  Wasn't sure I would like it, but I love it and the pop of light it gives at night.  I put the tree on a timer so it comes on about 3 and off about 11pm...
 So there is a mixture of hand made, vintage and reproduction ornaments...

 This vintage boot ornament I found at a estate sale this past spring... Love it...

Miss matched garland... and a Hodge podge of ornies... My off beat tree, just like me! OLM


PS... I wrote this last night, home about a hour with hubby, his surgery has gone very well.  Now he is now home and on the mend.  Thank you everyone for you kind words and prayers! OLM

10 comments:

bettyj said...

first I am happy hubby is home and recuperating. That makes you Merry I know. What made me merry on this post is the Santa boot! I have given my son mine. I used my own money and bought my two grandmothers a boot for several Christmases. When I got married they both gave them to me. I used them in my decorating when the kids were growing up, now m son has them. Thanks for sharing.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, so happy Hubby's home and the surgery went well........love your skinny tree, looks great will all the ornaments......BlessingsvFrancine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad all is well at the Morgan house.Hoping hubby mends fast.Love the tree.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Jennifer said...

So pretty...glad to hear everything went well

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Glad the surgery went well. Love the tree..and especially the star caps on the lights.--Jan

Prims By The Water said...

Glad hubby is doing good and I usually do put a tree in the kitchen..first time I did not. LOL Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

So glad to read your hubby's surgery went smoothly. Hopefully he bounces back quickly and is "up and about" soon, soon, soon. Love your little tree GF!! (Ummmm...and especially the lights....????) ;o) That's my kinda tree!!! (Ooooo...and loving the yeast boxes on the wall behind....too, too, cool....) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Primlish ♥ said...

So glad hubby's surgery went well. Mine had 2 hernia surgeries and I know how painful they are.
Your tree looks great! Great idea with a timer, most of mine just stay on...not very "green" of me.

frontporchprims said...

Hi Marie. I am glad the surgery went as well as expected. Now for the recooperating and the resting:) I love that skinny tree. It's so unique and beautiful too. Full of wonderful and interesting things to look at.
-Steph-

Beckyjean said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing ok. Love your tree.

Hugs~Becky