Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Merriment Day 15-- More Friendship & Recipes

Yesterday I was a useless nothing!  Oh but it FELT so good!  I did have to go to the dentist... tooth issue, but all good! YIPPEE!!!!
 This is my corner of the family /gathering room... Just last week, you couldn't even see the dough bowl on the floor...LOL.. covered in all my fabric... now it's all dumped in a box.... I am thinking I am going to part with 2 of the 3 wood crates here and look for a little prim cabinet that can go here and hold my fabric... I just might organize  me... ya right...  I so love my big snowman....
 My Feather tree... oh I wanted a feather tree... not crazy that this one is so green, but I have had a hard time finding one...sigh... tucked on here is many of the ornies from the two swap I hosted, along with a couple of others....oops forgot the close up of the WONDERFUL Santa Tammy sent me from over at a Primitive Place!  Top one is from her last year too... another little surprise for OLM..
 I Squealed with delight when I received this fun little surprise box last week!  Didn't see it coming at all....Tammy is such a sweetheart!
 Here's a close up of the Santa on my table along with several other fun goodies... and that should of been good enough...right?
 NOPE... see what was hiding in the bottom of the box???  One of her wonderful burlap bears!  OH my! I was overwhelmed by her WONDERFUL KINDNESS!  Oh the merriment of the season... It truly brightened my day, as I was struggling a wee bit that day with the "spirit" of the season....So I sat him right away on LuLu's lap!  she was glad for the company!
AND!  I have been wanting to share this wonderful Christmas stocking that Becky made me from Primitives n Stitchin.  We did a fun swap ourselves this fall and she did this for me!  Isn't is wonderful?!!?!?!?  I am blessed to have soo many wonderful friends in blog land for sure!!!!! Thank you!

Then, I thought I would share 2 recipes with you that I did for the ornament swap.  They were a big hit and YUMMY!  Also, I know several have asked for the chocolate covered cherry cookie recipe.  email me at folkart94@msn.com and I will send  a word document for that one too....

So first Rachel Ray's 5 minute fudge!  I have been making this for years!  It's easy, fast and the best fudge really I have ever had!  Everyone thinks I am this wonderful genius for making this one... hehehe
12oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of pure vanilla
8 oz of nuts, if you wish... I usually don't... though this time I did pecans...
1/2 cup currants... (baby raisins, I say... this is the secret I think, though you can use raisins if you can't find currants)  I use a wee bit more then 1/2 cup
8" round cake pan greased with butter... I have found making a tin foil sling for the pan that is buttered. easier to lift it out of the pan later...
Everything BUT  vanilla and currants in a saucepan, over low heat, stir until all melted, add vanilla and currants...stir well, then  pour into greased pan, Refrigerate until set... OR you can also, take the can from the milk,  wash out, wrap in plastic wrap, and butter it... put in the middle and pour the fudge around the ring, to create a wreath and then cut thin slices of fudge for serving, works great!!! and YUMMO!

Next is my Hot Artichoke Dip... I haven't done this one in years, forgot how YUMMY! HUGE HIT! On Sunday!
8oz softened Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, chopped and drained, 1 clove garlic pressed, 1 tsp dill, 1/8 tsp salt
You can put everything put Parmesan cheese in a food processor and pulse for several seconds until blended, or use a hand mixer too...then add cheese, put into a deep pie plate or 8x8 pan, greased of course, and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 35- 45 minutes, until light brown around the edges and bubbly.  Serve with your favorite chips... I used all low fat, taste yummy, but even better full fat... Image that...HEHE... it's the dill here that throws in the new yummo .... hehe... OLM

12 comments:

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Good morning Marie,
OMGoodness! I LOVE That Standing Snowman!! He is Awesome!

Did you make him??

Also drooling over your stacked boxes and twig tree.

And bakers cabinet, oh heck, Im drooling over it All!! :)

Wonderful stocking from Becky.

Glad to hear you found some time to relax. Even if some of it was spent in the dentist chair. :)

So glad your surprise goodies brightened your day. Mr bear looks right at home in LuLu's lap.

Hugs,
Tam

Primlish ♥ said...

Tammy is such a sweetie! I really love her bears! It was a relaxing day for me yesterday as well. I would have stayed in my jammies all day but I had to go grocery shopping, darn family had to eat! ;)
Love the stocking, and your snowman is GORGEOUS!

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I love your gathering room decor!!! Wonderful goodies from Tammy, isn't it fun to get a surprise in the mail. Love the stocking from Becky, it is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing the fudge recipe. hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie.....love that little prim corner with all the goodies, I so love that big snowman to.....wow......Tammy is such a sweetie, great goodies she sent, the bear looks good sitting with LuLu.......Blessings Francine.

bettyj said...

You certainly have been blessed this week. Love your goodies.Your snowman is neat. I have just come from Robyns where I read of her lights being stuck in the mail box. That was so funny. BTW I have had my feather tree for years and it is quite green too. DOn't know why they made them so green.

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I LOVE your goodies that Tammy sent you! She is a sweetheart and has a HEART of GOLD!
Mr.Bear does look right at home.

The stocking Becky made you is wonderful too.
You deserve it so much.
You have a wonderful spirit and soul with a heart of GOLD as well.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year(2013)is going to be a better year for all of us, I HOPE and PRAY!!!
Merry Christmas and Big Hugs,
Tricia XO

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful goodies Marie! ok, here's my secret. I have 4 prim cabinets filled with fabric. LOL Bob won't let me bring in another prim cabinet..just kidding..but they are perfect hiding places...and a gal cannot ever have enough fabric I say. Janice

frontporchprims said...

You could put artichokes on a piece of cardboard and I would proabaly eat it and love it. Yummy recipes. Thaks Marie. Your feather tree and all the ornies are lovely. Isn't it fun to recieve gifts from our friends unexpectedly. It's nice to know that someone is thinking of you and cares. Your gifts from Tammy are special that way. I love to look at your corner. You have so many neat things to see. -Steph-

TheCrankyCrow said...

So....is there room on that gathering room floor for a sleeping bag and a crow??? Thought so....I'll be headin' your way. ;o) LOVE it!! That Snow guy is all kinds of adorable!! And those stacked boxes....YUMMM!! Sweet gifts from Tam and Becky....oh....dang...yes, 'tis the season for gifts. (Why isn't this holiday coming together this year????!) Smiles & Best Hugs ~ Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh...PS - thanks for the recipes!! I might even be able to handle that fudge...and will be emailing you for the cookies!!! :o) r

Trace4J said...

WoooHooo WHat fun and love from Tammy.
Your home looks wonderful.
Love the tree!
I cant wait to try your recipes too.
Need some new ones.
Ho Ho Ho
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Beckyjean said...

OH MY!! Love that snowman!! I could just shop at the OLM store. I even think I could get Tim to drive me there. He did love those elves ya know. Hehe!! Everything looks wonderful.

Have a great day~Becky