Friday, December 7, 2012

Merriment Day --11... Baking....

Things are kicking up into high gear here... My little gathering is Sunday.... I have been planning, running, shopping, and now baking... Trying to be a wee bit organized... beside the back doesn't take to kindly to all day standing anymore, so I have to spread it out...
So, I am trying to NOT feel stressed... I am keeping it SIMPLE!  I think?  LOL... Almost all of my shopping is done for Sunday and Christmas, I THINK... See Hub's is having some surgery next Friday, so I want everything done if possible, so I am not off leaving him alone too much during the first week home.  He is OK, it's a hernia repair, it's just going to slow him down.....
ANYWAY... I tried  a new recipe... and now have to HIDE them from the boys so I have them come Sunday...
Chocolate covered cherry cookies.  It was in the Cook's Illustrated Magazine of all Holiday cookies...

They are tasty, of course I had to try...giggles... not overly sweet, but very chocolaty... I don't know if I will pop in tomorrow... That is usually the day I make myself nuts... so we will see... oh the Merriment of the season! OLM

16 comments:

1890* said...

Yummo! Have a wonderful gathering! {{HUYGS}}

Primlish ♥ said...

Have fun! Those look really good!!

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Yum!! Yum!!
Tam

Primitive Stars said...

Those look so yummy.....Enjoy the weekend......Blessings Francine.

Raymond Homestead said...

Yummy!

jennifer768 said...

Those look yummy!Please share the recipe when you get a chance.Enjoy your weekend!Hugs,Jen

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like I said....one of my favorite combos....yup, definitely, recipe is in order!! :o) Baking? Arghh....who knows when/if....My mum said she is hungry for fruit cake...and you know what? I've NEVER made one....gonna have to give it a whirl I guess.... Wishing you the best party ever!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Looks delicious!

bettyj said...

Those look so good! Now what time is the gathering? I need to know what time to leave here to make it!lol Hope/know you will have a wonderful time. Enjoy!
BTW, I hate to admit it, but I will kill it too. I am the most brown thumbed person you will ever meet!

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

You are a very fortunate that Al doesn't live nearby. Nothing stands between him and chocolate covered cherry ANYTHING! And those cookies look wonderful! Have a great time at your party--Jan

frontporchprims said...

Oh yummy heaven. Yes, hide them well:) Hope you have soooo much fun on Sunday. Can't wait to see pics and to hear all about it. -Steph-

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi OLM~ yep~ now that is what I am talking about the good stuff~ YUM~ YUM~
hugs & smiles~
Teresa

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doesn't Christmas and stress go together? I know it all too well...lol!
Cookies look yummy!
Enjoy your friends!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Theresa said...

I make these cookies every Christmas and they're always a big hit. I think I've made them for about 12 holidays seasons now. They are super yummy!!!! Good luck on your hubby's surgery and have a very merry gathering. :0)

Beckyjean said...

Have fun at your gathering...I know you will. Those cookies look fantastic!!

Have a wonderful weekend~Becky

Karen said...

Oh yummmmm, thise look awesome!
I used to make them when the boys were living at home but haven't since.
Karen