Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Merriment Day1 take 2... AND Long Over Due Ornie Swap THANK YOUS!!!

 SO, Today is the "real" official start to Misi's and Robyn's Merriment Display Chain... I just saw posts yesterday and jumped right in....LOL... I don't know if I can keep up each day, but I am going to give it the old college try!

Here, I still have a mess!  Toss in a Furnace that decided to go on the crapper late last night...ugh, and the kitchen in upheaval right now as the new dishwasher goes in.....I am already losing ground on this week, and it's only Tuesday.... Oh well.....Tis the Season!
 Here is my favorite prim tree!  I have had it for many years now, and love the  "Charlie Brown" feel to it!  I am also addicted to the vintage plastic scene ornaments... who knows why, just am... So a theme tree this year... See the Tree skirt Becky made me from our swap this fall and a sweet snowman ornie Theresa sent me from the swap I hosted... I am  a lucky gal!!!!

NOW.... Long over due show and tell, and thank you to Amy at Bumble Bee Lane for the ornie swap she hosted!  I hate being this tardy showing my goodies received......
 These goodies came right before Thanksgiving!  Prefect timing!
 I tucked this sweet little tree made by Steph of Front Porch Primitives with my snowmen....
 This one is from Holly's Hobbies and Darbee Days....
 The Quilt Star from Michelle @ nookcrannygifts.... and the Kitty is from Cyndy @ Crafty Stitchers!  Love them all, and Thank You Amy for hosting a great swap!!!!

Then... Last but not least... I hosted my own ornie swap!  15 of us joined in and I think great ornies was had by all!  Everyone has their ornies except Janet, from Olde Crow, she's in Canada, but I would think any day now she should be getting hers!!
 All wrapped up pretty, almost hated opening them up....
So The sweet lil gingerbread man is from Allison @ sew many girls. The adorable snowman is from Linda @ Country pickins! Oh.  the Santa, I wanted all 4 of them...hehe... but that wouldn't of been fair at all.... is from Mary @marmmie,mammysand more, and then the reindeer, oh Ms. Becky out did herself on these!  from Primitives and Stitchin!!! 
I also need to send a extra thank you for the extra gifts.... Trace, Theresa, Robin, and Eve, so not necessary, but I do love them so!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!
Now, off to sew... no rest for the wicked!  Everyone have a great day..
(PS... if you joined in on my swap, I know was delayed in getting up my thank you's and show and tell, before the season gets away from us, if you haven't had a chance, please do yours too!  Everyone does love seeing their creations on each others blogs.) OLM

20 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Greetings Marie, love your Charlie Brown tree to, looks great.....love all your ornies, so prim perfect, next time I want to join in on your ornie swap......Blessings Francine.

frontporchprims said...

Hi Marie. I sooo love the vintage Charlie Brown tree. I have a tree upstairs with vintage glass ones and they are my faves. Your homespun orines are beautiful. You got some really fun ones from some very talented ladies. Glad you joined in the Merriment chain.
-Steph-

Theresa said...

Love your Charlie Brown tree Marie and the ornaments remind me of my grandparents...they had a lot of those ornaments on their tree each year. Love all the ornies you received too. I loved swapping and I hope I'll get to join in the fun again next year. :0)

Trace4J said...

love love love that tree.
You sure have been busy.
It really was such a fun swap.
We sure have alot of talented Friends.
Thanks again for hosting.
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Oh no! Your furnance went out last night. Hope you were able to stay somewhat warm.
When it rains, it pours, huh?!

Love your Charlie Brown tree and your swap ornies.
Thanks again for hosting.
These ornie swaps are my favorite kinds!
Try to have a good rest of the week, my friend.
Hugs,
Tam

Primlish ♥ said...

Now who was the dippy who posted early...oh wait, that was me! Oops! ;)
Great Charlie Brown tree, it's perfect with the vintage ornies!
Such wonderful swaps you did! I used to do all the swaps, but was burned last one I did, so now I'm kinda gun-shy. I know I would be safe with one of yours though...maybe next time.

BumbleBeeLane said...

I love your tree.The ornies from both swaps just wonderful.Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love every one of those ornies Marie! Thanks for sharing with us! Love your lil prim tree too, I have a plastic scene ornament that was my grandmas, so they sure catch my eye. That's what it's about-enjoying the things that touch your heart! ~*~Lisa

~Sara said...

I love your tree! And as for the ornaments....isn't it amazing that there are so many talented people with so many different ideas. I love them all. Maybe next year will be a little slower and I can join in.Happy decorating, and good luck with getting the house back in order. Stay warm. Blessings~Sara

Simple Thyme Prims said...

What a wonderful tree!...and so many nice ornaments..!!blessings, ~Ronda

1890* said...

Love that Charlie Brown Tree ;0)..The ornies are darlin too!
Sorry about the household upheaval with the furnace & now the *NEW* dishwasher...
But jeepers Marie*Your kitchen floor looked great on FB -wink wink *Have fun ;0)
{{HUGS}}

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Marie.
My ornies arrived today. Love all of them :) The swap was so much fun! I hope to have pics on my Blog tomorrow.....this girl has a job now (finally) so not as much time.
Thanks for hosting such a great swap.

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Love your little prim tree! I remember those vintage ornaments--don't you hate it when you love something like that and you remember having them, but they got thrown out somewhere along the way!?! There are a lot of things I remember from growing up that I WISH I had kept. UGH! Love all the ornies too...they are all so great..a LOT of work by the gifters.--Jan

Beckyjean said...

Love your tree Ms. Marie!! And the ornies...fabulous!! I need to get decorating or I'll be running out of pics for Merriment chain super fast. So much to do..so little time. Tis the season.

Hugs~Becky

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your prim tree with the vintage ornies. I have some of my Moms plastic ornies ~ oh the memories.
Love all your wonderful ornies you got from the swaps ~ such talented gals out there! Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Mary said...

Hi Marie, I thought I was the only one that loved those vintage ornaments with the scenes in them...LOL I have always had a fasination for them as far back as I can remeber. I have three of them that I hold very dear to my heart as they were my grams. I had such fun in your swap so many talented friends...I am so happy your enjoying the Santa's.
Stay warm and hope all settles down for you.
Hugs Mary

Mary said...

Opsss almost forgot, I am hosting a little giveaway and would love for you to stop by and join in on the fun. Hint....if you like the Santa's I made......then you need to stop by for a visit! *smilin'*
Mary

bettyj said...

Perfect Charlie Brown tree and vintage ornies! Love the look. You certainly have been busy swapping ornines. Wow~
Thanks for sharing

Allison said...

Thanks for hosting the ornie swap! I love my ornaments. I was trying to upload my pictures but Picasa says I have met my quota of storage so I either need to pay or figure out if there is another way.
I will post pics as soon as I get that worked out.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Alrighty then, I'm confused already...Days 1 and 2 of the chain....and you have a merriment post below this one and one above?? I know, I know...I can blame the loveable redhead, right? ;o) Love your little tree...I have a funky tree I put in the window box area of our dining area, and it's my favorite too.... And holy smokes on the ornies!!! I want one of each please!! If the Wizard would only give me some talent, I could join one of these swaps someday!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin