Monday, November 26, 2012

MERRIMENT DAY!

Everyone join in when you can, Robyn at Primlish and Misi at 1890 Gable House Musing is doing a Merriment display chain each day..  Pop in and share favorite decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping...etc... There is going to be so many fun ideas and memories!  Their blogs are in my blog roll to the right!

So, as always, I am a running behind.  So love this time of year, yet hate it too.. Not enough hours in the days and it goes by so fast, then I feel such a huge let down on the 26th...sigh.....
ANYWAY...
My obsession... well one of many...hehe... The Vintage shelf sitter Elf's... I don't know that it is about them, I can't pass them, especially if they are on the
cheap side... Some want a fortune for them...   I have never paid more then just a couple of bucks for one of these little guys....
 So here is my collection tucked into a a old grain measure.. They make me smile with their happy faces... Some say I have enough?  What do you think?  LOL
Then I tossed in the little old farm table they are sitting on with a little collection of my primitive gingerbread men mixed in too.... Have a great day everyone!  I still have such a mess to clean up, though I have been through all my tubs of Holiday, and spent the last couple of days thinning some of my least favorite goodies, or things I haven't used in years and they have already been past onto a new home for Holiday enjoyment!  Tomorrow I will share my wonderful ornaments from Amy's swap and the one I hosted as well!  OLM

17 comments:

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Oh so cute collection of elves!
Love how you displayed them in the grain measure.
Must say I'm loving those gingers and hooked rug too!

Cant wait to see more.

I completely understand about the love/hate relationship with this season.
I worrt too much about everything!! Trying real hard to just relax this year and enjoy it. Nah, not working too well right now but I'm Trying! :)

Have a wonderful and Stress Free week, my friend!
Hugs,
Tam

Robyn ♥ said...

I too love those vintage elves! I have a few on hubby's tree downstairs from when my Dad was little. I love how you gathered and displayed them.
So glad you joined in!!

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Marie, love the collection of Eli's sitter's, they look so cute in the grain measure on the little table.....Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

I just found my little elf and he put a big smile on my face as soon as I saw him.We always had one growing up and now I still have one.Although my little brother usually cried when he got put out.Guess he figured the fun was over.LoL.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Trace4J said...

What a fine collection friend.
I just love those lil elves.
I think I have three and ya know how I heart the Ginger.
I too have a mess all over.
Woolie HUGS
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

1890* said...

Love those elves!... I remember my dad coming home from a work Christmas party- (sometime in the 70's) with a whole bunch of these cuties for me... I don't have a single one now...wish i did!
I enjoyed your early start to the Merriment Chain...lol that Primlish ;0)
{{HUGS}}- You two are -Two of my favorite BLONDES! XO

Raymond Homestead said...

Nice collection of those cute little elves!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love your Elf collection.
Hope you have a great week.
Janet

bettyj said...

Love your elves. We used one of them from off a Russell Stover candy box, long before the Elf on a shelf came along. How about back in the early 60's! Brought back good memories seeing yours.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

You can never, EVER, have enough elves! I love these too, had some on our tree growing up-warm fuzzies when I see them. Love your ginger gathering too! Looking fwd to seeing your ornies ~*~Lisa

Beckyjean said...

Love all your elves Ms. Marie. I better not show them to hubby. We'll Be making a road trip to the Morgan's house for sure~Tim for the elves and me for that wonderful prim blue table.

Hugs~Becky

Prims By The Water said...

Love these elves! I play a game of find the elf daily with my grands.. love yours in the grain measure. Take care and wish I had time to post daily..will tune in though to see everyone else. Janice

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Love your elves! I have one of those somewhere.......????? I think he's lost.....Hmmmmm....I'd better go look for him.....Jan

Allison said...

I love your elves--they looks so cute all together!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the display in the measure Missy Marie!! But, ahhh...those guys give me the heebie jeebies!! Spooky I tell ya! ;o) Give me a witch or goofy jack any day!! Smiles & Elfy Hugs ~ Robin

Kimberly said...

oh my goodness!!! My Grandmother had a collection of the elves! Love them, fun, fun! Great to have the tuck together :) ~My Best, Kimberly

Green Creek Primitives said...

I remember those elves, I had one, think I am telling my age. LOL Love your collection of them. You don't see them anymore. Vicky