Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Early Work Update... Swap... Curtains..and Goodies

Happy hump day everyone!  What a busy time...sigh.... everything coming soo fast... I thought I had another week before Thanksgiving, but nope... 8 days, that's it.... oh my.....

Oh well, it is what it is.....
BUT, about 6:30 or so tonight I am offering my first Holiday creations of the season on www.earlyworkmercantile.com  I hope if you have a moment you can take a peek...
 Here's a little teaser of what I have created......

Then, waiting is all the boxes for my ornament swap to get split up and set back on their way.... I am waiting for one more box that is stuck somewhere in the system... I am shooting for Saturday at the latest to get them on their way!!!  So many wonderful ornaments here... I want one of each...LOL....
 Then.... I have struggled with what to do with my BIG picture window... we have wood blinds... but not very prim... Need them for privacy at night... what to do... so many idea's... this idea came up before, but I didn't think it would work... brain fart, yes it would... I was hung up on the middle... and thinking I needed to do a swag there too..stupid girl..  valance.... So I ordered the Family heirloom weavers new farmhouse swag... LOVE IT!!!  Need another valance in the middle... on order... 10 weeks... so not before Christmas....
 Here it is at night with the blinds down... I think it works... what do you think? don't look at the mess around...
 Then I got to do a little antique shopping at a great open house last Friday night.... Here is a few of my goodies....


Hubby already hung this up in our room... Haven't had a chance to put anything it in yet...but love it... I have been cleaning...purging.... and even thinning a bit... I have made a mess, but there have been 3 trips to goodwill! LOL!  And, still so much more to go through... most of the rest will probably wait until after the holidays now.... too bad I am on a roll.... hehe!  Have a great night! OLM

8 comments:

Trace4J said...

Evening Friend
Oh what a prim dapper Snowman fella!
I can't wait to see your new creations. I love the curtains and blinds. Looks great.
How did it get to be Thanksgiving already?
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, Love your snowman and new curtains. Can't wait to see everyones ornies from your swap.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Evening, I also love the snowman fellow, your valence looks great so does your finds, love the enamel and bowl.......Blessings Francine.

Raymond Homestead said...

Your snowman is cute! Love your curtains. It's hard deciding what to do when you need privacy at night. I'm always trying to figure something out for my living room windows and can never make up my mind on what to do.

earlene said...

Marie love that room and the curtains look good but the other valance coming will look better.
Love the enamel bowls you found.
Time is going by fast.
Hugs

Karen said...

Hi Marie,
Yep, it's me -I know it has been ages since I've been here and I have mised so much.
I love your new offering -so cute!
I love your new finds...is that a syrup pitcher with a pewter top???
Karen

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love that snow fella! I love your curtains. I have the same issue...always wanted to put tall folding shutters across the bottom but can't find the right ones to fit. Have a happy Thanksgiving ~*~Lisa

Theresa said...

Love your snowman and I wanted to see your other photos but EWM won't load on my smart phone. :0( WOW....you did get a lot of boxes for the Ornie swap... looking forward to getting mine. :0) I like what you did with your windows to... very nice.