Sunday, September 9, 2012

We Were On Vacation at The Lake.......

What a great week at the Lake we had, up north in Minnesota with the "Queen" and our BIL!  Prefect time to stay at the cabin, take it all in, disconnect from the computer and the Internet!  Both Alex and Steven were able to get off a few days and come up with us for the first part of the week!  A much need family vacation... Only one missing was Knuckle's but he was home, well cared for!

So, here is a bunch of pictures from our week..... leaves changing up north already, they are now dry too, so hints of fall everywhere.....
 Alex coming off the dock last Saturday, he couldn't wait to get a line in the lake.......
 Moon coming up over the lake last Saturday, STUNNING!!!
 Reflecting off the lake.......
 Close up of Steven... he was not happy with me!  he was like REALLY???  Turns out I love this picture!
 Alex all smiles can only mean fish has been catch, ICK!  I don't like fish, thankfully the boys do!
 Steven and Uncle Larry...
 The moon on Sunday night, breath taking, and yes, I believe I howled/barked just a bit! LOL
 Wednesday's rainbow over the lake after like a 2 minute shower......
 Tuesday morning we went for a covered wagon ride... the hubby acting like a goof!
 Finally a group picture... these are becoming more rare as the boys get older...sigh....
 Lloyd bring out his horses... Friend of the "QUEEN", she arranged the ride! beautiful morning for the ride too!
 Boys coming in Tuesday afternoon after fishing...not as happy... I don't think much was caught.....
 Up to Granny's Pantry in Battle Lake, MN for some ice cream.... oh my boys... those faces!!?!?!?  Can anyone take a serious picture? I think NOT! PS... this wasn't the QUEEN'S and my first trip there... LOL
 QUEEN! joined in for a picture!
 Boys trying to smash the "QUEEN"  I think she really enjoyed it!
 Wednesday after breakfast, boys getting ready to go home... back to work... got the Hubby and the "QUEEN" together!
 Thursday, don't remember the little town we were in, but all these sculptures made from metal... me in the cloth pin....
 "QUEEN" and the hubby with the big foot... QUEEN on the big toe.....
 Friday... the bittersweet sighting, must have some!!!  great picture of the QUEEN!  cutting my bittersweet! LOL!  It was up at the little church on the hill by them, with some wonderful old head stones.....
 I love looking at old head stones... this one from from the late 1800's
 Sun going down over the cemetery.....
 Sadly the bittersweet that could be reached...sigh.... THEN, lastly....
On our way home yesterday... In Hixton WI, I had to stop at my favorite both in the Hixton School House Antique Mall... Kari from meadowview farms... yes, there are treasures that I will need to share too....
Now... off to do more laundry, the downside to a week off.... and I took work, so there was some crafting going on too... I forgot to up load that picture... but I am hoping for a selling blog up date this week... details to come.... Enjoy!  thanks for peeking! I must catch up... lots of blog reading to do!!! OLM

17 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, love to see lake pictures and these were wonderful. Yes, one of the best times of the year to be at the lake. The moon over the lake shot is so stunning. Fun time, love the bitersweet to. That is a beautiful Headstone I agree. Thanks for sharing,Francine.

Karen said...

hey there lady...glad to see you are back home and I have laundry in too so will keep this short...what glorious photos of and over the lake.
You have such a fun loving family...reminds me much of ours. I find that boys seem to enjoy the family things more than girls. Not sure why...but they do get in to it.

We never miss a chance to stop in Hixton at the Antique Mall...it's huge isn't it. Bought a few treasures there myself.

Glad you are back.

Karen

bettyj said...

what beautiful pictures! All of them.Your son has gorgeous blue eyes. That bittersweet, what a find. You can't find it here very often. what fun it looks like you had.

BumbleBeeLane said...

I'm with Betty your son's eye's are beautiful.The trip looks like everyone had a blast( can just see you out howling at the moon..smile)Can't wait to see your goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

earlene said...

It sounds like a wonderful vacation with family.
Your shots of the moon are beautiful Marie!
Enjoyed looking at all your pictures

Jennifer said...

Looks like you all had a great time...love all the pics!!!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

What happy pictures - wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing with us Marie ~*~Lisa

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Loved seeing all your photos!!

Trace4J said...

Morning
What a wonderful family get away.
Love all your family photos.
Stinkin cute pictures of your pumpkins on Fb.
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Robyn ♥ said...

What a gorgeous place to vacation! Perfect end to the summer.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi Marie~ What fun~ Beautiful captures~ the moon, all the nature, the rainbow~ looks like you all had a great time~
smiles
Teresa

frontporchprims said...

What a fun time with the boys and the queen and the hubby. It's the pictures and the memories that mean the most. Thanks for sharing your vacation time with us. We fish a lot at our house and the girls amazingly eat them:) I think the cemetary is really neat with the old headstones. I would have been taking pictures too.
Have a lovely day. -Steph-

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Loved all the fabulous pics
Even the close-up of Steven!!!
Oh I love to visit old cemeteries!!!
I'll have to look on the map and see where Hixton is!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

Prims By The Water said...

What gorgeous pics of the moon and rainbow. Looks like fun was had by all! Take care, Janice

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Thanks for posting the picture of my booth...you had me blushing!
Kari

Mary said...

Looks like you had a great time Marie!
I love all your family photos! I'm glad you had a nice time.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....so where the heck is Hixton???? Never heard of it, and I LIVE here! Fess up!

Great photos - love the shot of Steven....(does he have a big head now???) You all do know how to have fun - that's so refreshing to see. Seems like a long time since we've had any "playtime" here in Nod.....Guess I'll have to enjoy vicariously.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin