Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Story on How I Became OLM


The Story.... IS there a story behind OLM???  You Bet Ya!  And my friend Karen from My Colonial Home has a inquiring mind! LOL!  She is asking anyone out in blog land to tell their story.... I believe long time ago I told my story, but it's worth a re-visit, with a bit more humor, so here it is....

Once upon a time there was this girls group called " The Bags Are Loaded".... It started when my SIL... You know as the "QUEEN" moved away... this was a reason for her and the friends she left behind to get together once a year for some much needed girl time....
Now, I didn't originally start out in the group.... sad face here...LOL!.... I was busy in with little kids, my folk art business and selling Longaberger.... There might of been a bit of dissension within the group say about 13 years ago or so and I joined soon after.... (truth, my joining the group makes it sooo much better now) LOL... Of course because I am in it! LOL....
Hard to believe but that was 11 years ago... Boring I know... but here is goes....
Into my 2nd year, we stayed at this super cute B&B in Sparta, WI on a working dairy farm... We were in these adorable little log cabins...BUT, they would only hold 3 to a cabin, so we had 2... Important to know there are 6 bags now... Three original, three want-a-be's! LOL.... one night we were goofy off... acting like we were about 16years old...yelling back and fourth between the cabins.... I might of had a squirt gun... I don't remember....Anyway, I would stand on the porch, in my "mommy" voice and say "knock it off! heads are going to roll!  I am not afraid to crack skulls"! LOL... Punk & Mary starts yelling back "you are a vision of  loveliness's Mrs. Morgan".... Acting like as I call it Eddie Haskle....THEN... They would start.... with the "SHHHH...here comes OLDE LADY MORGAN!  She is going to let us Have it....
There you have it!.... It stuck, they wouldn't quit...
Next thing I know, I am getting mail address to "olde lady Morgan" etc....
Now, I painted folk art for over 15 years, I was moving to more primitives by this time and just starting to create primitives on my own....
THEN, one day, here comes the mail, YUP a box addressed to olde lady Morgan, AND my mailman says to me "Is this your business name?"  I am like no, but it should be!!!  From that point on, Marie's Country Collectibles became Primitives by Olde Lady Morgan and the rest they say is history?
Though the foot note to this story is I am in youngest in our group, yet I am called OLM and I wouldn't have it any other way!
 So when I started blogging almost 3 years ago, The only name I would of wanted is primitives by OLM... I watched, loved reading blogs, really didn't think I had anything important to say, but I have made so many wonderful blogging friends!  I am so glad I jumped in!!!!
 So, there I am with the "bags" my girls, my bitches!! And, I say that with the up most love and affection!  I love these girls, there is nothing I wouldn't do for any of them.  They were here when my mom pasted... We have each others back, if one of us is having difficulties, we are there in anyway we can!
 We laugh like teenagers when we are together, better yet we act like it! And it never gets old and I hope that never changes!
 We shop till we drop, then we eat pie!!! when we are done with that, it might be Margarita time!
 We all came together for the "QUEEN" and her birthday!
Did I mention how blessed I am to have been asked to join this group?  Now they can't get rid of me if they tryed!!!  Only way I am going is if I am pushing up daisy's!  Then you will find them all at my house raiding it for the antiques & primitives!  Not that I am counting, but it's like only 22 days to bags this year!!!  OLM

19 comments:

bettyj said...

What a delightful story of how you got your name! Love it. I too, belong to a group,(however I am the oldest in it)sigh, that has played cards together for 28 years and we are still friends.lol Have fun in 22 days.

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

I love this story!

I know, I have said this before but I so wish we lived closer.
You always seem to be having so much fun! No matter what it is.
Yep, I'm jealous.
I still think you and hubby should move to Herrin. And you know what??
I have the perfect house for ya! :)
I know the owners and I'm sure I could get 'em to make ya deal. LOL!

Hugs,
Tam

~Sara said...

What a fun story. Sounds like you are blessed with such a great group of friends.Love listening to your stories. :) Wishing you tons of fun with your friends next month. Blessing~Sara

BumbleBeeLane said...

I've said it before but yes you are blessed to have your girlfriend club..smile...Warm Blessings!~Amy

Raymond Homestead said...

Lol, such a good story of how you got your name, loved how you told it!

Penny said...

What a great story of how you got your blogging name.... and apparently now your name in general! You are blessed, indeed, to have good friends like the "Bags"... It's always fun to read about your adventures!

Linda said...

Great story Marie! Have fun on your next adventure.
Linda

Robyn ♥ said...

I've always loved your story! It makes me feel good to hear of girls getting together, relaxing and acting goofy. I'm also jealous that you have friends you can do that with...it took months to get my HS friends together just for a dinner.

Karen said...

Hi Marie,
Well I didn't read your earlier post on how your name came about...I'm glad too because this is all new to me and it's sooooo YOU....wow...what a great story. I loved it.
I know you love all the girls in your group - it's wonderful and a blessings.
Karen

Beckyjean said...

Great story!! Great group of ladies!! A little tease is coming your way tomorrow.

Off to work soon.
Have a great day~Becky

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, oh that was so much fun reading how your name came to be, loved it. Also love your sence of humer, wonderful, you are blessed to have such great gals as friends. Enjoy your next `bag time`,still laughing ,Francine.

frontporchprims said...

What a fun story. Thanks for making me smile this morning:) A girl really needs to have good friends no matter what her age. I am so happy for you to have such a suppotive group in life. Have a happy day.
-Steph-

Heather Wise said...

Oh, my! That was hilarious. The cabin war was the best. Aww, I would have so been there. My weapon of choice would have been a nerf gun. The ones with suction cups on the end. Or foam finger rockets. That is what the fourth grade teacher and I use at school for afterschool wars... Shhhhh... Thank you for sharing your story!

LOL!!!!!
Heather
thecountryschoolmarm.blogspot.com

Heather

Theresa said...

I love the way you got your name....it makes me smile just picturing the banter between cabins in the dark...LOL. :0) It looks like you are blessed with a wonderful group of friends that are all like minded...it doesn't get any better then that.

Primsue said...

Enjoyed your story. What a fun group of friends you have.
Blessings,
Sue

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I love your story and the friendship that you share with these great ladies.
Donna

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

What a great story Marie! You are so blessed to share time with such wonderful gals. Enjoy!

Allison said...

What a fun story!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great story Marie - as I knew it would be....Ha....squirt guns....You wus....my weapon of choice is cold (and I mean ICY cold) spaghetti. (Sure you don't need a 7th "bag"????) ;o) Wow....can't believe your next trip is only 22 days away....What the heck happened to this year??? YIKES!!! Glad you took the challenge - and so glad Karen came up with this idea....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin