Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Have A Thought...I Said to Hubby......

VERY IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE!!! LOL!!! There is NOTHING pretty about these pictures!!!  Just the ugly truth! LOL

Now, the story..... I had a thought the other night....See since moving and rearranging the front gathering room after the Holiday's last year, I was never happy with it... Since then, I have had hubby move a couple things around... But I have struggled with this room....UNTIL... LOL... I had a thought... I am a visual person, I need to see things done in my head... and like a light bulb, I had a vision of what needed to be done!!!!
So, I thought it over in my head for a day, waited until Friday when Hubby was off and on our walk with Knuckle's..... I turned to him and said " I have a thought"!!!! LOL... His response, "OH NO!!"...Because it usually means one of two things... moving furniture, or I want to buy something...
Lucky for him, this time, just moving things around...sigh...
See I have struggled with this corner table... I have talked about it in the past.  Hubby loves it!  It was the first major purchase we made together as a married couple...It's a made in a America piece before the company went under called Bennington Pine... He WON'T let me paint it.... ugh... struggle, it's hard to work with....
Now... did I take a picture before we started moving things around, well that would of been the smart thing...

So I found this picture I took awhile back when I was torturing the "Queen" with her crow....nice piece... really not my style anymore, BUT, hubby doesn't ask for much, and boy I sure have moved A LOT of furniture out over the years for more of a prim look, so it has to stay.....
So I get him to agree to try my thought.... I was never happy with were we moved the farm table in the front gathering room... I have moved it 2xs since the Holidays...sigh.....I want it back under the big picture window.  Always like it there best....
NOW... the ugly truth.. I moved much slower these days because of that stupid back... so it will take all week to fix this up....
 But out comes the corner end table... it's going down stairs...Few prims are leaving the homestead all together... Lucky day for my GF Cindy, she has been "gifted" with one of them...
So on and off all day, as the back allows... I moved, played a wee bit... called hubby for more help... washed the windows and polished the wood floors...Spring cleaning in August!

 So this is where I am at today... Bit of a mess to still move around... and thin through too... See I have been in a bit of a funk... don't know what direction I want to go with the reselling of Antique smalls... sigh... I have such a  stock pile of goodies in this room & the garage... I am feeling overwhelmed a bit... and I want to thin just a WEE bit of my collections to my faves... NOT everything... I personally no matter how I try, like the bit of cluttered look...sigh..  LOVE, every one's simple prim looks... Just can't do it... or I do, and revert right back... so it's just my look....and when I love everything I have collected over the years, truly what do I part with? NOTHING!
 So what has been "gifted" to Cindy???  This big old butter churn....sigh, BUT yet truly it's a pain in the ass!  YUP said it... to display with...  The "queen" DUMPED this on me a couple of years ago... I know what she said behind my back, because she says it to me too...LOL... YOU'RE SO STUPID!!!  LOL... got me to take it... It's BIG, BULKY, Legs on the stand stick out...hubby has kicked them SEVERAL times... image those words! He has been on me to part with it... It really only works if you have a bigger home and bigger rooms, either of which I have.... Cindy stored this for me while we did all the construction/ remodel couple of years ago... She didn't want to give it back, I stupidly wanted it back.... so anyway, to make it all work, it is going to her, now her problem!!!  LOL... Now, I am saying with the most affection, She's so stupid! LOL
Then, my little child's wood school desk will leave... so I was able to stack my old boxes...
 Still needs cleaning and "tweaking" ...I would love to sell the baker's cabinet and get a step back.. BUT, I bought this from another GF, her dad had refinished it....don't know what to do...sigh... AND yes, I am bringing out some pumpkins while I am doing this, I just don't care anymore..... I don't feel I am rushing summer, just giving myself more time to enjoy what I love best.... No Halloween.... just some fall colors and pumpkins... Finished pictures.. to come later... So now you ask, where did the table move too?  Do you even care???
In between the big couch and my chair... Knuckle's even got caught playing with one of his toys...LOL... see his tail in motion....
So the bottom line, even in the mess, I am thrilled with how it is all taking shape!!!  I can visualize how the Christmas tree will look in a couple of months without too much moving of furniture... YUP, I said it and yes, I had been thinking about it....planning ahead...See my stupid brain never shuts off! sigh
So I need to get this all cleaned up, I have a early works update I need to finish up for next week too! Enjoy your Sunday! OLM

17 comments:

Mary said...

Well Marie look at it this way...at least your house isn't like mine..we've been remodeling for 4 years now to get the prim look I want and we are still not done. Your house is so nice with antiques and prims. You have alot of nice treasures to display.

Kaniki's!!! said...

Have to laugh Marie.. This is me- over and over and over.... I get my whole family groaning when I say- I have an idea....

They all know what's coming....

Changes are good.. It fuels the creative side... :)

Hugs!!!

Orange Sink said...

Marie,
Your hubby and mine would have a lot to talk about! He has gotten so used to the moving around that he never says anything anymore...... just moves stuff where I want it! LOL! I used to move it myself until I wrecked my back years ago....... sigh.... I have parted with many things now that I never thought I would.
Enjoy it though while you have it..... and please show us the end result of all your efforts! Your room has great "bones" ..... Wood floors..... great natural light! To die for!!
One day at a time!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Fun!!! I just love it when a plan works out!!! Looking good!!!
Love your stacked boxes!
Prim Blessings
Robin

alltheseboys said...

Ok..it's final..I'm packing up my six year old..coffe staining him a bit so he looks prim...sticking a stamp on his forehead and sending him to you! We got back from vacation yesterday and all hes talked about is where we are going to put the Christmas Tree! Katie

Heather Wise said...

Yup. I am so with you on the clutter thing. Organized Primitive Clutter, thank you. I have been walking through my house as well, trying to sell stuff to thin the herd a bit. It is hard to narrow down to the favorites of the favorites. I have gotten myself down to starting a smaller plastic storage container with my favorites I can't part with, but I don't feel like displaying. If it is not old or handmade or given to me, I am going to sell it. I will also never get rid of clutter as well, but there you go... Good luck with your work on your room! It is looking great!

Blessings,
Heather

Trace4J said...

Oh girlfriend we are soooo alike.
I got that light bulb yesterday.
I have a plan to rearrange tom and painting on tuesday. Hubby shaking his head..lol
I saw my christmas tree too..lol
I am ready for Fall and the Holidays. Well in my head anyway. :)
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Angela said...

Marie, all us ladies know exactly where you are coming from. We refinished our wood flooring in the great room a few years back. The room was completely empty except for the piano. You know the echo effect. When we started moving things back in I wanted the empty look. Once achieved, I was so unhappy with the results. I wanted my crowded, all the things I love look right back,. I had to laugh just a few minutes ago as my mister got up to go into the kitchen and stumbled over a bag full of pumpkins waiting to get their stems. And I have a craft room!!! Have fun playing house and getting the comfortable, I love it look. After all we are the ones who live in our homes. Enjoy!!
Angela

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOL - that looks like how my living room looks when I vacuum. (Hence, I don't do it often....)

Well, here's from one "clutterbug" to another....I know, I know....I see those "minimalist" sparse decorating styles and drool all over myself - but it's just not in me....I'd miss my "stuff" too much. Unfortunately, our house is such that there is little (if any) rearranging that can be done. Our living room is a strange shape due to the spiral staircase, and the one wall has 6 windows lining it and the other has the fireplace and 2 long windows....so there's only one place for the tv and one place for the couch.....and the rest is just open, so not many options there....

Tweak on, my friend, tweak on....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

I keep trying the simplify thing too.Then I get rid of my things I think are clutter and miss them.LoL..I'm getting better but I tell ya when you sell, then buy you end up keeping a little to much sometimes.I love the churn but we had one and it is a hard thing to fit unless you have open space which people like us don't because all the floor space is filled with treasures.LoL.. I have to move things up to the loft each season.Hugs!~Amy

bettyj said...

Oh goodness we are a special society, not very secret, but we are all guilty. I NEED to declutter and I look around and think, I don't want to put that away, no not that I got it so and so, and the beat goes on. What ever you end up with will look wonderful. thanks for the visit. BTW I think that black prim in the floor, is the best.

Cindi said...

You know when you are surrounded by things you love it is not clutter, it is ...ummmm cozy! yeah that's it! Good start, can't wait to see the finish.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Husbands. Yes mine would have lots to talk about with yours too.
I was just gifted with one of those butter churns and I love it.
Janet

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, I keep wanting to declutter my house, but just don't have the strength. I admire you, when you are finished come here. I had a day off last week and thought alright I am going to do some decluttering, closets or something, well a few minutes later, I grabbed my purse and hit the road.
You go girl, I admire your spunk!!! hugs, Lecia

Robyn ♥ said...

OMG, I say the same thing..."I have a thought" and hubby usually curdles up in the fetal position..;) I say, "you always like it when I'm done!" He says that MY ideas always involve him...yeah, so what's your point? ;)
Your living room is looking great! I wish I could move furniture around but have limited space too, darn huge heat radiators take up one whole wall!! I could fit another chair or settee in there!!

Beckyjean said...

Well Miss Marie~

I think we all live in an every changing household. Constantly hauling in new goodies & tweaking. Tell your hubby he should be happy you're weeding out some things & not adding again. LOL!! Mine just rolls his eyes at me when I want to change things up. Love your stack of boxes.

Have a great day~Becky

Prims By The Water said...

Love your redo! Now you can come do my living room if you like...LOL...have to get Bob off the couch and move it around...wish me luck. Take care, janice