Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where Have I Disappeared TOO?? OOPS A Treasure too!


YIKES! It's a hot one here today in the burb's of Chicago!  Everyone is hiding in their houses with the air conditioning going full force! Including me... except when I go out quickly to check on a few pumpkins baking in the heat!!!  They are talking 100 here today! UGH!  Then add we've had barely had 2" of rain since May, so guess what, DROUGHT! UGH!

So where I have I been???? Well, I did that turn thing several weeks ago, you know the one the back didn't like so it put me in bed for about 10 days... All I can say is crap on a cracker!  My new saying! LOL!!! Guess where I got it from????  Anyway, when that happens, nothing happens!  So since then lots of catch up, with the house, crafing and well life!

Finally last night Hubby and I went to see our nieces play their last softball games... Yikes were is the summer going????
 Here is Ms. Rosie in her adorable pink uniform, we got there in time for her first up to bat!!!!  We watched for several innings... Then off to see Katie play....
 Perfect timing again, just in time to see Katie pitch!  She was waiting to hear if she made the All-Star team!!!  I have all my fingers crossed for her!  She hit a grand slam last week!  She has been playing very well!

So inbetween all of life's little twists.... Some pumpkins are getting created!  YES PUMPKINS! Tis the season, well at least for the creator! 
 Here is a sneek peak at one of my first "big" boys!  he is bigger then any of the pumpkins I created last year!  Love the sculpted mouth and look at that long wicked nose!  Over 6" long!!! 

So BIG GOOFY JACK!  is for sale, if anyone is interested in giving him a home for the fall season email me at folkart94@msn.com, kindly asking $40 and travel fare.... HE IS SOLD, THANK YOU!

Oh my poor flowers... lots and lots of watering is done each day... with not a rain drop in site... many, many sighs.... for me it's just flowers, but for the farms, their livihood, no words, only hope for lots of rain very soon!

 So the one thing not happening here... No weed pulling... first to hard on the back... and it's way to dry to try and get to their roots....so some of my weeds are as tall as the flowers...LOL... Good thing  from a distance they just blend in.....

So a few putina's holding up in the heat... Though trees showing stress... some leaves starting to drop.. that will make for a ugly fall....
 Few of my moon flowers last night right after they opened up....

 Everything is open, Coneflower, Lemon Fluff, though all so much shorter then last year.... wheel barrel full of putina's....
 Caught a bee on Bee's Balm...





 Sweet Annie growing where it WASN"T planted... LOL... behind the chairs on my fake front porch... Growing so well, I am letting it keep going.....It's not a gourd tree....

Then lastly what does one do when they are laid up and bored???  Shop on line! LOL!... That needs to stop... creates a new mess.. more things that I need to part with to make room for the new..... But, I do so love my new treasures!
 Loving this new "Old" cubby that I saw in Mercantile Gatherings, in the ad from http://www.fanaticscountryattic.com/  Did you see the Article on Michelle the owner?  And her wonderful pictures... anyway in her add of goodies for sale was this cubby with all the goodies... I "needed" it?!?!!?
So I have decided to try and thin out a few things on my counter... trying to make it less crowded...it's only kinda working... and I am sure before long I will fill the open spots back up!

Then... I saw this on http://gatheringsiowa.blogspot.com/ Love this apothacary box!  Very prim, hand made... it's on my counter too...so....moving...
So I took my wire basket off the counter for now... I will find a new home for it, it's a great basket!! 

So there you have it... really a whole lot of nothing!!!!!???  I have been popping in visiting your blogs... leaving a few comments as time allows... Summer, well always busy, just not enough hours in the day to do everything... Really July in just a couples of days??? sigh... summer half over???? UGH!  So off to put some faces on a few more pumpkins!  Stay cool!!! OLM

13 comments:

nancy huggins said...

Love all your goodies and the flowers look great even if you did have to water them a lot. Our new flower beds also have some drooping flowers and I made Billy stop and come in earlier..it is way to hot to stay out there. Maybe go out and water and dig a few holes for new fence he made after 8 P M. MAYBE

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

For someone who hasn't been busy...you put me to shame. I just oogled over every picture. Really wish some of our rain would head south to you (maybe by way of Colorado). Feeling ever so "heat lazy" -- really felt tired after reading about all you have been up to (she says with a smile) glad you are feeling better:)
Kari

Penny said...

Hi Marie! Sorry to hear that you've been laid up with your back again.... but glad you are feeling better now.... :)
Our flowers are droopy, too, even though we've had a bit of rain. The heat really takes it's toll on them....
Love your new punkin guy!! He is too funny with his big nose, and I know he will find a good home soon! Love the treasures you found, too. I love cubbies and I remember seeing the one you purchased on Merc. Gatherings. Wanda always has such great things in her store... really nice apothocary!! Your counter looks great!
My husband's aunt used to say that summer was over when the 4th of July comes.... Not quite the way I feel, but the summer sure is going by quickly! Enjoy, and try to stay cool!! Penny

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hot and humid here to ~ we really need the rain!!!
Adorable pumpkins ~ you're going to sell lots!!!
Sorry to hear about the back ~ but glad you were out and about ~ and watched the girls play baseball ~ can't believe it's their last game.
Time sure does fly!
Wonderful treasures you found!
Enjoy your days and stay cool!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Marie! Hope your back gets better fast! Love your new goodies--especially the apothecary box--love the drawers. Love the punkin too--I'm well on the way creating fall too--it's coming fast!!--Why, I'm working so hard, my face is probably covered with stain too!! ;) wink, wink --Jan

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad your back to the living..smile..Our gardens aren't doing so well either.We are in another heat advisory the next few days..Yuck.. Love your cubby.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Ann said...

Love your online purchases! Wanda/Gatheings has the best stuff doesn't she? I've made a few purchases from her myself.

NW Ohio is HOT too. 106 yesterday - not really pleasant at 5:30 for our youngest son's ball game. Have a great weekend (indoors!) ~Ann

frontporchprims said...

Oh, I feel your pain with the heat and no water. I have to water my garden every morning and by evening it's dust again. Good idea to stay inside in the AC and shop. I love your new goodies, especially the box.
Your pumpkin is fun. He looks like Pinnocchio who has been turned into a pumpkin by the Fairy Godmother!!
Pinnocchio the pumpking. Ha ah. Glad you got to get out to see some fun softball. -Steph-

Karen said...

Darn that ole back of yours...time for more work on it huh???? Please take it easy. We both suffer from the same things so I know how you are doing - not good!

Love the pumpkin...what a cutie and his nose...looks like he's been telling some FIBS! LOL

Love your new cubby and treasures - how cool to have it all in one package.

Love your nice flourishing flowers - the heat isn't hurting them at all.

STAY COOL....

Karen

Mary said...

Glad you sold alot of pumpkins on Prim Antiques. Love the white ones. My flowers are terrible. But the heat is good for the tomatoes and pepper plants.

Jennifer said...

Love it all! you lucky girl! oh yes the summer is flying by!!! goodness where does the time go!!!

Robyn ♥ said...

Oh Marie, I just love that great pumpkin of yours! If I didn't just buy my black appliances, he would be mine!! His nose is my favorite but I also love his mouth!
Your new goodies are awesome!
Keep cool and rest that back!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awesome pumpkin Missy Marie....Help me figure out WHERE I can stash (and store) some more and I'll be standing in line. Love your new treasures as well....That apothecary is SWEEEET! I think your flowers look pretty dang good. I have some annuals I haven't even planted yet, and I'm already weary of watering the ones that are....Yikes.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin