Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Bit of This and A Bit Of That Rearranging

What happened to our playlists??? I had just changed up my songs a bit... then today I notice it won't play... Checked a few other blogs, same thing... sign into playlist, all changed up...sigh....So will they not work on blogs anymore? Does anyone know...???  So many changes...UGH....
Anyway slowly I have been moving things around... thinning out a few things. In years past it's seems I get fixed on one thing, next thing I know, I have 5 or 6 of one thing... Like,  I thought I had one or 2 enamel ware liquid measures... really more like 7, ugh.... LOL... I have collected so many wonderful treasures lately, that I need to thin a few of my less favorite collections....
I moved this sweet little child's farm table that I got on one of my "bags" trips a couple of years ago.. I had it up in our room... now by the front door with Lu Lu in a chair to greet you as you come in!
On the table a wonderful teddy bear from Dru at Cinnamon Creek and a wonderful basket Pam made for me from Basketsnprims!  I think it says "summer".....
Bee Sting 10 gallon crock from last week's barn sale found it's home in my kitchen!  I just love this crock!!! HEHE
Then hubby made me a couple of simple lids for some of my crocks so I could stack them.  This created more mess moving things around, but I love this collection of crocks now in the kitchen and my small collection of firkin's stacked next to it!
So, that lead to this corner in the kitchen, this was the old dinette before the addition, getting a bit of a makeover.....things have changed a bit since I took this picture....
Moved my butter mold collection into my mouse chewed up wooden bowl, love this bowl!  Everywhere on the rim is chewed up! HEHE!
Daisy's looking good... I must admit, I have not been in the yard much.  Too dry to even try and weed with next to no rain...
thankfully the flowers are bigger then the weeds at the moment...OOPS... didn't roll up the hose, well really, I never do.  I just have to pull it out again!  And, it's hard on the back... This drives hubby crazy.....
Little corner in the family room.. Love this little table and a few of my child's collections hiding down here...
Cleaned up and organized my little pie safe... Hard to believe I took things out, then I added different collections, but it's dusted for at least the next year or two???LOL
My new little noodle board from the barn sale, with sweet little doll that Traci from York Mountain Mercantile made, pin keeps from Alecia Maynard,  Cathy from the Orange Sink and one that Angel and the Crow made several years ago.. She seems to just have disappeared, shame, she made some wonderful primitives!  Does anyone know what happened to her and her website? And of course 2 great pillows made by Pam of Basketsnprims!
I had a hard time with my new wooden measure collection... These two are big, I wanted to put them on top of my kitchen cabinets, but they hung over the cabinets.. didn't look good...sigh... changed up my peg rack for a bit too... See my child's old wheel barrel... struggled where to display this right too.  It was a Christmas gift from my GF, Cindy.  So for now, off the peg rack it is.....
This week I received a great collection of wool from Margie at the Hungry Hook Primitives.  We did a swap for wool, she wanted a Dammit doll and a pin keep... I tossed in a few other creations.  She should get her box Monday... BUT, look at all this great wool!  I need to get creating!

Lastly... this spoke to me from Robins at Millstone Mercantile.  I just " needed it" for my front door! Love it.... So really I haven't done anything exciting... Kinda lost my mojo again for crafting, need it back fast!  I just don't know where the time goes, one minute it's Monday, I feel like I blink and it's Saturday again, and I have gotten nothing done, AGAIN!, UGH!
So everyone have a Wonderful Sunday! I will be watching my boys play softball! OLM


24 comments:

Debra said...

I could not get my playlist to work either- ugh!!

Cindi said...

To me it looks like you got a lot accomplished! Everything looks so awesome! I am a new collector so it just amazes me when I see pictures of all the neat things you people have! Love it! Have fun watching the games!
Be blessed!
Cindi

TheCrankyCrow said...

Arggghhh on the Playlist thing....I just rearranged songs yesterday, it was working fine and half an hour later, POOF! it was gone....I checked a few blogs that I know consistently use it (including yours) and the same thing....I tried the "old" Playlist site, and the new one, and I can't figure it out....If you do, please let me know! Your rearranging looks great - I have much of that to do as well. My "love" pick here this time around is that awesome child's farmhouse table....how stinking adorable! Oh...and that great pocket from Robin....Yikes! Where/how did you see that?? Love it! Happy Sunday to you too...gotta catch up and see your amazing barn finds....(LOVE your new beesting!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

earlene said...

I am so drooling over your wonderful displays! You have wonderful collections. Your crocks look great stacked liked that and the Bee Sting is a real treasure isn't it!
Going back to look again!
Enjoy
Earlene

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, It is happening to me too, I was on the computer and noticed not music on my blog. Went to the new playlist site picked out songs and didn't know how to get it to my blog, so deleted it all. I got so frustrated thinking it was only me and my dummy computer skills, it seems like they are taking everything we enjoy away from our blogs, and even with blogging I am afraid to add or rearrange anything, so afraid of messing everything up.
Your home is soooo beautiful, love all of your wonderful collections, my favorite it the little farm table too, and love your crocks, pin keeps, baskets, butter molds, well just everything! You are an inspiration!! have a great day! Hugs, Lecia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi,Marie~ Great rearranging liking the door hanging from Robin~ looks great on your door~Luv the stack of crocks & firkins~ so are you going to send me that bee sting crock since "you decided you had no room for it"giggles oh, okay, keep it~

Been dry here also, but we managed to get some rain finally Friday after about a month of nothing~ it is way to dry to pull weeds they are stuck in the ground, I tried & just got irritated!!! So they are staying for now~giggles~
have a great Sunday
Teresa

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Marie.
They did some BS back last year with PlayList and for us Canadians, it won't work on our Blogs and we haven't been able to hear any of yours. I used to LOVE my PlayList. Don't know why they have to mess with things :(
Love your pictures.
Janet

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Marie..How in the world could you lose your mojo for crafting..ummlet me think..could it be you were using your talent elsewhere redecorating? Looks to me like it could have been lost in rearranging..
Wow from the looks of all your changes it was a good place to use your creative mind.
I am so in love with your childs Table display..How totally adorable!
The Crock stack it awesome too!

Have fun changing up more things!

Blessings
Tonya

Trace4J said...

Morning Marie
Love the crocks all stacked like that. What cool treasures you have.
I don't like to move my hose either until I have to mow. I miss my playlist too.
Happy Sunday
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your displays Marie, especially the child's table. I miss your playlist too-all my old favorites! Why oh WHYYY must they keep changing things on us!? LOL. We don't roll our hose up either. It's all good! Enjoy the game(s)! ~*~Lisa

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

You have some many wonderful treasures Marie. Thanks for the 'walk' around your home. Have a lovely day.

alltheseboys said...

Love love love love and love. Ok...you've inspired me to get back to my outside work.. What inside pics and outside work have in common I've no idea. Just want it to look pretty I guess!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Marie, oh my, prim heaven, wonderful decorating,love it all. Need you over at my house to help me do a little regrouping,tee hee. Thanks for sharing,Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the little table display! We stack crocks too,takes up less room and displays them nicely.I'm with you were does the time go.I wake up thankful it's monday and by friday I'm thinking were did my week go,but to be honest lately it seems more like were did the darn month or season go? Warm Blessings!~Amy

Raymond Homestead said...

Love all your pictures, especially the one with the little farm table, bear and doll!

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

You have been so busy...love all your wonderful vignettes. Isn't it the best to then walk by and just look a what you have done....sweet, sweet, sweet.
Kari

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
You've been a busy girl :) Now with all the wonderful wool from Margie we expect to see some new creations...lol!
Oh, time does fly by....and the older you get the faster it goes!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Marie,
I just love looking around your place at all of your perfect prims. I wish I could visit in person!

I still have the dollie that I got from you...she's on the counter in my bathroom. Makes me smile every morning when I am getting ready for school!

Have a marvelous Monday!
~Natalie

Beckyjean said...

Hello there Miss Marie~

Lovin all your displays!! I really like the childs farm table.

Have a wonderful week~Becky

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Love your collections--and your new beesting---drooling!! I've been wanting to stack my crocks like that but I am looking for one size that will connect them all. Great pics!! --Jan

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Oh Marie....you truly made my day. Came home to a package waiting on the porch...with 3 wonderful FOLK magazines (love them big time) and a "made by you Barn Cat". Truly your generosity made me cry......thanks, a hundred times thanks. I love love love the cat! You truly are the bestest!

Kari

Traci said...

Holy smokes..I don't know where to start, things seem to be happening at the OLM homestead. Love your new displays and all those crocks so neatly stacked. I am trying to catch up about 3 weeks of missed blogging in a night..don't see it happening, LOL... Hugs, Traci

Prims By The Water said...

Ooohhh love your stacked crocks and that child's table and your door greeter...Love love love! Take care, Janice

frontporchprims said...

What wonderful changes. Your home is wonderful. I could stay for hours and just look and drool. Your collections are fun. It's hard to stop buying what we love. Even if we do have 5,6, or even 7. I think how you stacked your crocks is genious. They look great.
TFS. -Steph-