Sunday, May 20, 2012

The TOUR..... Just a few pictures....


So here is the last part of our trip... FINALLY... Few pictures of the primitive house of Kathy, owner of the Olde Homestead.... I wish I had taken more.  Her husband did all the cabinets himself... they are amazing.... I should of take a picture of the island it was painted black...looks like all little apothacary boxes, but really are drawers, amazing!

 So here is the queen in the pantry, love this idea... you can't see it, but the ovens are in here... no heating up the kitchen when company is over.... love that!
 and this... a tiny farmhouse sink, in the pantry too.... love love love this!
 shelf on the back wall.... love this style too.....
 it's my understanding her husband makes all the shelves for her collections.....
 just a hint of the island..

 love this old door for the bathroom!
 Misi, this one is for you!  Love this!!!
And this in their entry way.... I really thought I had taken more, but I think I got caught up in the moment of DROOLING!  Even my hubby was impressed with everything... so many great collections and such great woodworking!... such a treat to get to peek inside, thanks so much Kathy!  I so need to do some cleaning.... so even though it's late... I am going to give it the college try and do a few things! happy Sunday! OLM

17 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Marie~~LOVE<, LOVE that bathroom door! The cabinets are very nice also...hummmm...maybe I should show Mr. Lee those...lol Have a blessed evening.

Angela said...

Such a beautiful prim house. Thanks for sharing Marie. Would so love to see more. I so agree with Robin that restroom door is wonderful. Have a great week.
Angela

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love that candle holder thing--so cool...
She is blessed to have a carpenter for a hubby!!!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful..
I am drooling too. Wow alot of talent she is a very lucky QUEEN!
Her hubs does wonderful work.
Just love it all.
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, now that is a kitchen and pantry. Love, love it!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. hugs, Lecia

Misi said...

Wowzers!.. I am in awe of all!.. especially that pantry! fabulous *SMART* ideas. Thanks so much for the tour of her home and those tapers! Hugs to you Marie!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Morning Marie...I have been away from blogging for over a week and look at all I've missed...3 fantastic posts with friends, treasures and perfectly prim shops.
Glad your time away was 'PERFECT'.
Karen

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Marie! Don't you wish you had a magic wand and could just pluck gorgeous rooms up and plunk them down in your own home!?! Beautiful pics of a beautiful home!!--Jan

BumbleBeeLane said...

Marie~ Just beautiful.I can certainly see why you were caught up in the moment.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I can see why you got caught up in the moment of drooling!!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie~OH, my word~ just Gorgeous ~ love everything~ drooling~
thanks for sharing~
smiles
Teresa

Raggedy Creations said...

Wow what a beautiful home.

Felicia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ummmm....Ya think I could just move into her pantry and use that gorgeous bathroom door once in a while??? (I don't take up much room....) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Such great pictures!!

sophia blue said...

We have now are classified as the pretty pleased owners of your utility sink all over again. The best thing concerning the entire challenge was the actual cleaning, that i didn't should want to do inside the downstairs rest room kitchen sink.

frontporchprims said...

Drooling can get in the way:) Glad you got what you did. Thanks for sharing this lovely farm house. -Steph-

Prims By The Water said...

I am taken aback at that wonderful pantry. I need to hire Kathy's husband. Take care, Janice