Thursday, May 17, 2012

This & That and the Meadowview Barn Sale!!!


Here is a few more little highlights from our trip... Next post, the prim house!!  Then goodies...LOL... They are still on my counter to be cleaned up....

So most days we would go into town for breakfast!  There is a little restaurant that has been there since the 30's or 40's...and nothing as really changed.  So many wonderful goodies tucked in there...
 Here is the "QUEEN" and I in the wood booths.... don't see those anymore.... We need to eat.... shopping will be next! heheheheh
 The olde wood counter and stools.... click on the picture to make it bigger... see the old cash register in the very back, would love to have that!  Though were would I put it????
 "QUEEN" talking about something????  I had to put her in her place! YA, like that could really happen!
 I meant to take a few more pictures around her homestead... She really isn't prim, but she is country/vintage etc...She was out at rummaging sales when things were cheap and there was lots of finds to be had!

Now...here's a quick story... really it's the "QUEENS" fault for my love of everything old...Well it's my story and I am sticking to it!  See I have known the "QUEEN" since I was probably 9 or 10... See my BIL and my dad worked together at the phone company and they would always get together with another family and socialize.... I so remember their first house on Glen Echo... Loved walking into with all the old farm tools hanging on the walls!  HEY QUEEN, where are those tools now??????  It's stuck with me until I found my passion in the primitives... First was ugly goose country.... to country and then primitive... Right now I can't even image ever changing from this.... It's like a disease! LOL... So when hubby starts... I just say hey... talk to your sister!  It's all her fault!... doesn't work! LOL

OK... So look at her stove!  It's it great! it's a reproduction... All the bags 'want' it! LOL
 Then here is hubby and I Sunday morning, just after breakfast... getting ready to leave..... BECAUSE.....

We are going to stop in Augusta, Wi at the Meadowview barn sale that Kari has 2xs a year!  She was listed this year in Flea Market Finds Magazine as a place to stop & shop! 

While on bags we have found her spot in Hixton, Wi... I have go to her booth first every time!!!!  Last year her sale fell on bags and we drove and had a blast and found many treasures!!  We pushed bags back a week to attend this year... So when we planned this little trip up North, I didn't realize it fell on her sale right away...BUT once it did, I had everything crossed hoping we might be able to stop......
 Stairs up to the loft of her barn!!! 
 Hubby shopping too!  finding a few things!!!  See those who shop together stay together!!!
Here I am with Kari from Meadowview Farms!  She has a blog too.... http://www.meadowviewfarmwi.blogspot.com/   Thanks Kari for having such a great sale!!! we had a blast stopping. visiting and finding a few new treasures!!!!  Now I must go plant more flowers.... I think I ordered too much this year?  Though can one ever have too many flowers??? OLM

10 comments:

Trace4J said...

What a very cool place. Love that stove.
Thanks for taking us along to visit the QUEEN!
What fun.
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Michelle said...

Hi Marie,
Looks like you had a great visit. Glad you liked your swap goodies.
Take care,
Michelle

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Looks like sooo much fun!!

Beckyjean said...

Looks like you had a great time. I really need to take a road trip. Been cooped up at home & work too much lately.

Have a good night~Becky

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

So enjoyed your stop by our farm & sale. See you this fall!
Kari

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

What a great time you had. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Make sure you keep that Queen in line.
Have a great weekend.
Janet

~Sara said...

Looks like a fun time! Lots of goodies.

frontporchprims said...

Looks like your trip was fun Marie. I love eating breakfast out. I am glad your hubby likes to shop with you. It's fun that way sometimes. The Meadow View Barn looks like a fabulous place to spent some money:)
I like the queen's stove. I could cook on something like that all day. TFS. -Steph-

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Oh, the old diners and restaurants are the BEST! They have a special essence. And usually great food! Remember your barn sale pics from last year I think-what a cool place! Can't wait to see your goodies. Enjoy your planting! ~*~Lisa

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....I remember that barn from prior posts....I guess I didn't realize it was in WISCONSIN... Hello! (How big is this state that I've never even heard of these places or towns???) I gotta get out more... And oh....breakfast out....I LOVE breakfast best of all.....Only time I get it out is when we're on vacation - and that hasn't happened for YEARS.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin