Tuesday, May 29, 2012

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!! ANOTHER BARN SALE!

Seriously!  I have to stop!!!  Is there a 12 step program for primitive-a-holic's???  I really need one!

Of course I have a story, I always do! I have heard about this "barn sale" for several years...great stuff, WONDERFUL prices!  BUT, it's by invitation only...sigh....

I am good friends with Barb of the Primitive Oswald, we have never met, but talk and love each others creations.... So in our conversions, she is friends with Chris that has this barn sale each year, and scores me a invite! YIPPEE!!!!!  THE bonus is she will be there and we are finally going to met after all these years!!!! 2nd bonus, I get to go into her primitive home and lucky for you...HEHE... I can take pictures to share... now this isn't everything I took... just a sampling

I really think I need to stop for a bit... between the couple of little road trips hubby & I have taken, the barn sale in Augusta, and now this, I have got soooo many wonderful new goodies, that I am still trying to find just the prefect spot for...
BUT..... come in and visit...or in my case DROOL!
Don't forget you can click on the pictures to make them bigger.....




 So just a small teasing.... But here is Barb and I.... you can find Barb's work on Lemon Poppy Seeds under the Primitive Oswald!

 here is Chris, myself, and Barb, outside of Chris's barn...
 Her little cottage shed, ADORABLE!!!
and my goodies!  I scored a bee sting crock!  so excited!!!! I will show where I have been putting all these goodies in another post.  I have been moving things around... thinning a few of my less favorites...sigh... I have to admit... though I don't want too...sigh... I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by some of my collections, though I can't even image parting with them... There is some things here and there that I can get rid of, so I might even have a little blog sale in the future and see if any of these goodies can find good with my blogging friends... BUT for now, I think I am done "junkin" just for a bit, until I get what I want & want I will part with under control...LOL... as if that is possible! I hope everyone had a most wonderful Memorial Day!!! OLM

11 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Marie~ drooling indeed her home is amazing~ prim perfect~ and the little cottage~ too cute!
you can wrap up that pretty beesting & send it my way~ Great finds~~~
have a wonderful day
smiles
Teresa

BumbleBeeLane said...

Her homes is wonderful.OMG I can't believe a 10 gallon blue decorated crock for $40 thought maybe they forgot a 0..smile..Looks like you didn't go to overboard.I have been feeling a little overwhelmed by stuff too and keep stacking it in the spare bedroom because I keep thinking I might want it.When you just start out you don't mind upgrading but when you've finally got the good stuff it gets hard to let go.Almost done your goodies(Then of course you'll have to find more room..LoL)Hugs!~Amy

Lee Hill Primitives said...

What a bargain!!! OMG only $40.. you did great congratulations. The homes are prim perfect.

Prims By The Water said...

Drooling..I'm almost ready to tell Bob to get into the van and take another buying trip tp your house Marie...love it all! Take care, Janice

Raggedy Creations said...

Great eye candy Marie, thanks for sharing.

Felicia

alltheseboys said...

Please..if you find this group, let me know. I have been going prim crazy too. That and my little piece of shabby chic in my girl room. UGH...I must stop. You know it's bad...when you've been away from your puter for awhile...want to write thank you's and can't even remember where you got everything from! I MUST STOP, lol!!! This is what happens when you live in a place that has no existent prims for a year...then move in with your Mom for another year and a half, and THEN move into a little two bedroom apartment for another year and a half. You finally get into a home...and you go freaking nuts, lol!!!! Have a great day. Looks like you had a ball. katie

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

WOW...Lucky you! I think you should start bringing some of us Blogging friends along with you :)
Sounds like a great time you had with terrific finds.
I love the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.
Janet

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Holy Moly Lady...you did score big.

Now did you forget that I asked you to buy me one of those gorgeous wooden bowls ? I don't see it in your stash of purchased goodies LOL

How fun to be invited to an invitation only event - and you got to meet a cyber friend - Score 2 for Marie!!! No...make that 3 - you got some gorgeous treasures too.

Karen

Theresa said...

Great eye candy...and the crock you got is beautiful!!!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Oh My beautiful Prim Home! I know you had way to much fun visiting and of course shopping for those new goodies.
the est part of prim is if ya need to make room for the new found goodies ..someone else is sure to need those things you must part with..and they will go to another Great prim home!!

Have fun redoing and moving things around!

Blessings
Tonya

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ummmm....sign me up for that program when you find it, 'kay? I just have such a hard time "letting go" - especially when it's "good" stuff! I keep saying we need a bigger nest, Mr. CC just says "stop." Now what kind of life would that be??? Looks like you scored some truly wonderful treasures - you know I'm loving that crock....And do I spy an old measure, an old noodle board, a hogscraper candlestick, and some old books? A gal after my own heart. And those prices are too stinking good!! (Is that crock cracked wide open on the back side or WHAT?!!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin