Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Few of My Treasures and Textile Swap Goodies!


I just can't get my act together since hubby and I came home from our little trip to MN...UGH!....I feel like I am running around in circles, getting nothing done fast.... Well, slowly I am getting things done.  My annual flowers came while I was gone.  They are a from a Boy Scout fund raiser I started back when Alex was in scouts.  Now my nephews are in the troop and I still buy...Wonderful quality and a great cause...
So I have all my pots planted, cleaned up a bit outside... and trying to take it easy on this old crappy back! UGH!
So, when I got home last week waiting for me was a package from Michelle from http://www.simplepleasures317.blogspot.com/.  We are partners in Tammy's textile swap... I owe her a VERY late I am sorry this took me so long to share... AND, I finally have cleaned up a few of my new purchases and I am trying to find the right place for some.... This is turning into a big redo...I hate when that happens....

So first... few of the new goodies...this isn't everything... and I did get a bunch of fabric and such for my next latest creations....

 First is this adorable little old child's sewing machine!  A must have from the queen's prim shop in town!  Sitting next to my salesmen sample chair I got this past winter and tucked in is a Kimberly doll from the red cupboard. that I have had..
 Set of 3 nesting yellow ware bowls... need another set like a hole in the head...BUT, I just can't pass them up!  Dollie is a Cinnamon Creek creation...Love Dru's dolls... I have many...hehehe
 Love this old pail, got this at the barn sale in Augusta!  Couldn't believe it was still there on Sunday, perfect for my rolling pin collection!!!
 OH this... I LOVE... not happy how I put this together... I need to change this up.... but it's a old/vintage wire, ROUND dish drain!!!!  Still even has the silverware holder in the middle! This came from the barn sale as well!

Then.... From Michelle... I haven't had a chance to play with all the wonderful goodies in my package! Michelle you were so generous! Thank you!!!

 I did hang the towels off the freezer handle's in the kitchen....
Then tucked here is the little penny rug, the dough stars I put in the little pie tin and the clothes pins wrapped in homespun.  I still need to find homes for the rest...sigh... see ever enough time! Michelle,  I am hoping to get your package in the mail this week!  I am still finishing up! 
Lastly the old oil can with wood advertising wrapped around it is a "new" find from MN too!

Who knew going away for just a couple of days would set me so far behind... oh well, it is what it is.. I finally did some sewing today...I have hardly read any blogs...sigh...miss everyone!  I am hoping tonight for a bit!  I still have dusting I need to do and I just don't want to put things out... so that slows me down... oh well... Then windows... ick!!! no rest for the wicked... And I must admit I have been sucked into the fifty shades of grey book series... YIKES!  Naughty books! HEHE... I am on last book... Once I start a book I can't stand to stop until it's all done.  The way these books end... makes you go right for the next one....So glad I am on the last one!

 FYI, if anyone is interested I am going to be listing 4 of my prim dolls on my selling blog in just a bit.  If anyone might be interested in giving either, Cally, Becky, the Queen, or Lil Hazel a home, email me at folkart94@msn.com I will give you prices.
Enjoy this great day! OLM

16 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

Great Swap Goodies ...and Im loving all your new treasures especially that lil red sewing machine OMG !!! Perfect ! Enjoy hugs lil raggedy angie

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, what wonderful swap goodies, love them all. Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Marie~ Heck girl I'm two steps behind and I didn't even go on a trip..smile..Never seen a dish drainer like that.Love it.So many wonderful finds.I've been on the hunt for some little things at sales for you told hubby to keep a eye out for Old Lady Morgan.He just rolls his eyes but did find a little something to go with the other thing..LoL..Don't over do your back in the garden.Hugs!~Amy

Angela said...

Maire, I spotted that little red sewing machine before I clicked to read your post. Love, love it. But my love continues for all your good finds. You hit the jackpot. And such awesome swap goodies as well. Can't wait to see what that creative mind of yours makes from the material. Have a good evening
Angela

Robyn ♥ said...

great swap goodies! Isn't it just awesome to open prim packages?!
I am totally coveting that oil can wrapped in wood!!! sigh!!!

TheRustyThimble said...

Wonderful finds Marie and great swap goodies

OK I so so WANT one of those old drainer baskets, oh my gosh I have a thing about rusty old baskets LOVE them

never enough time, always too many things to get done

also never enough money but I am on my way to peek at those babies
Hugs
Brenda

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

LOVE all your goodies!! --especially the little sewing machine (much like the one I had when little), the dollie, and .....the rolling pin bucket!!! OMG I love that!!! Have a great, no back pain week!!--Jan

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

SO many great goodies!!

Trace4J said...

What sweet new treasures.
I just love love love the new little red sewing machine.
Oh my a new hunt. :)
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Hi Marie...
Love what you have done with all your finds....and seeing the rolling pin bucket & round dish holder from the Barn Sale just made my day.......glad they were just waiting for you!
Kari

Kimberly said...

All Looks wonderful!!! I hope your back feels better! TFS! Enjoy your day! ~ My Best, Kimberly

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh hon, you're making me tired... lol. I wish your back didn't hurt:(
You found some good old grubby goodies. Don't worry, you'll get back in the groove.
Hugs~Carol

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks like you found some wonderful finds in MN. Love the little red sewing machine and the rolling pin pail ~ wishing I would get that lucky to find goodies like that.
Awesome swap goodies you got from Michele!!! Enjoy!!!
Hope you get caught up soon!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Beckyjean said...

Hi there Ms Marie

Love your swap goodies & want,want,want that sewing machine & wire dish drain. If you ever decide to part with them, think of me first. Hehe!!

Have a fab weekend~Becky

renee said...

Marie, you have some great stuff! I love that little, red, sewing machine! Too sweet!
I am glad you are getting some things completed, it's all a process for sure. I always enjoy your posts no matter what. I am also glad that Knuckles is doing better.
Hugs,
Renee

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh dear....running behind here.... OLM dolls? Dang.... Stop doing that to me Marie - especially when I'm late and outta money. I am seriously coveting some of your new treasures - topping my list is that amazing oil can, the little sewing machine, the dish drain, and the rolling pin can. YIKES....serious scores!! Sweet swap goodies too. At least you're ahead of me - still don't have my planters planted - bought a few plants (after realizing I was "late" WTH??) Packed them away in the garage for Thursday tornadoes; left them there for Friday's gale-force winds; Saturday's severe thunderstorms; and Sunday's 91 degree scorching; Now, we're back to just gale-force winds and sever t-storm warnings, but I'm wearing from running up and down the stairs to shut of the blasted weather radio. (Don't ask....) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin