Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Display Chain--Sprucing & Springing!

Happy Tuesday!!! This weeks theme from Misi is Sprucing and Springing! I know here we have had a lot of Springing! Record warm weather for March in Chicago land! Everything is about 5 -6 weeks early here... Though Mother Nature gave a us cold slap in the face yesterday! Many are out working in the flowers beds and such...not me... I know at some point we will still get frost...Planting season for us is Mother's Day...So that is still a bit away....BUT everything looks wonderful! My weeping cherry tree... the best it's ever looked! Already sadly losing it's blooms.... Some might remember it as the "gourd" tree 2 years back. With all the gourd vines growing up the tree... I think I about 20+ gourds that year! LOL

These Daffodils are already spent...sigh.... I took these pictures last week...


Sweet Annie growing on the side of my front step... LOL... Don't know why...I will have to transplant it soon.....

Now all this great weather has started some spring clean on OLM'S part... slowly.... LOL... But I thought I would toss in the "ugly" side to cleaning...It always makes a mess somewhere else for a bit.....I was working in the kitchen... Trying to clean up my counters a bit...thin a few things out...sigh... I find this VERY hard to do....So this is the mess that I made....



And here.... See those blue counters...put those in 10 years ago when we did this part of the kitchen... didn't know at the time what I really wanted for counters... just knew I wasn't a corian or granite girl...So what do I want, WOOD!!! Thought I had a guy...but he's decide it's to much work...sigh.... called another guy that works in reclaimed wood... waiting for that "quote" I am afraid it might be out of the OLM budget... so these stay until it is....double sigh!


But...then I got to this .....


Now I ask why oh why can't it stay that way??? Well.. 2 boys Alex and Steven! LOL


Close up of my new pastry tin... Went to my first auction on Sunday... OH MY!!! got a few goodies to sell in my ''space"... and a few keepers...this was one..but it made a new mess to clean up...working on that one still....ugh....


Moved a few things around in the other corner...Believe it or not...this has less "stuff" or space being taken up...That makes hubby happy.... Few new goodies here from Christmas I never showed off... little dry sink... I think it might of been a salesman sample? Gift from my prim gal pal Cally for Christmas, isn't it wonderful!!!! Love it!!! Then, this Salesman sample of a sawbuck table!!! Love this... a little something I found after Christmas... just moved it to the counter this week... See the little beeswax bunny from Pam?


Noodle board... I was a bad girl 2 weeks ago... got this keeper! just so hard to find and always expense... just bit the bullet on this one!! Might have to leave the checkbook at home hubby says!

Then dusting up the bakers cabinet...Much need, long over due... still had a snowman in there... all gone now.....all dusted up for awhile.... So that's my Springing & Sprucing!!! I will visit everyone bit later... off to do more cleaning... The Prim gals Cally & Sandy coming tomorrow for Sandy's birthday... I need to clean & cook!!!! have a great day! OLM

15 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh my drooling over the noodle board and butter mold! I go to auctions on occasion but usually get frustrated as I either get out bid on the item I wait all day on or go home feeling like I spent way to much money.Have fun with your girlfriends! Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your flowering tree-wish they would last longer. Wow! What a difference in your kitchen! Love your little lights everywhere. You have so many wonderful pieces - enjoy your day with your girls! ~*~Lisa

jennifer768 said...

Your weeping cherry is beautiful! Love the dry sink and noodle board.Happy cleaning,Jen

frontporchprims said...

Oh my, your butter mold is so pretty sitting on the noodle board. Your kitchen cleans up nice. I love your weeping cherry. We just planted a choke cherry tree. Someday it will be big and pretty too. -Steph-

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun post Marie - You wanna come clean and reorganize the counters in my kitchen??? I promise, I have much less space than you do..... ;o) Looking good. I have so many spring cleaning projects to do this year, I don't know where to begin. But gotta tackle the taxes first... (grrrrr) Have fun with your gal pals.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Audrey said...

What a wonderful tree! I plan to try my hand at growing Gourds this year...hope I have success.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So many of my daffodils are already done :( Yes, we did get a bit of a weather slap in the face this weekend but tomorrow we are supposed to be back in the 60's. Woo hoo! I just love it!
Also love that little dry sink!!!
Pug hugs ;)
Lauren

alltheseboys said...

I was sprucing all day too. Unfortunately I spruced something a bit to hard. My knees always hurt...but are actually throbbing tonight. AND my back is killing me..my back never hurts. So...for me...sprucing killed the springing..lol...and I don't have the energy to post a thing!!! How close are you to Grayslake? That's where Kaden's Dad lives.

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Your kitchen looks awesome!
Love all you new goodies, especially that tin!
I need to do some Spring cleaning but... I don't want to!
LOL!
Maybe eventually I'll get my butt in gear.
I think I need to sit down and watch a few episodes of Hoarders that always gets me in a cleaning and organizing mood.
;)
Hugs,
Tam

Angie Berry said...

Your weeping cherry tree is breathtaking! How fortunate you are to have such a huge beautiful tree right in your back yard, I'm envious!

I had to laugh about your kitchen counters, hehe. I also find it VERY hard to do which is why I still haven't done it! I keep telling myself every single day that it's gotten out of hand but I just don't know where to start, BLAH! But I love your after and it has given me some much needed inspiration to just jump right in and DO IT! You wanna come help? =]

Trace4J said...

Great post Marie.
Beautiful weeping cherry tree.
I LOVE THAT PASTRY TIN! I mean love.
Happy Spring
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Misi said...

Your Weeping Cherry is gorgeous!
It's so nice to see what you have springing up - Oh my goodness Marie.. i am in awe of your miniatures !! Your little kitchen fairies need to get their home in a magazine .. It is fantastic!
Thanks so much for sharing along {{HUGS}}

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie~ huge cherry~ & I am ENVIOUS~ mine is just a babe~ don't ya love em so pretty but don't last long~
Great sprucing up all you awesome goodies~ love the Bakers cabinet~
smiles
Teresa

Prims By The Water said...

I drool over anything made from wood and you hve some lovely pieces I am drolling over...trencher, noodle board, butter mold, bakers cainet to name a few. Take care Marie, Janice

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

Well, if I was getting around a little better right now your spring sprucing would inspire me to do the same. It turned out great! I love the old wood pieces too and that noodle board is a keeper! ~Roberta