Friday, March 23, 2012

A Much Overdue THANK YOU! And a Birthday!

So I am trying to figure out where this week went!?!?!!? Friday already.... IT was a warm one here all week for March... In the 80's all week, for outside of Chicago, we broke records!
Today, gloomy rainy and cooler in the 60's, yet still above normal for us!
So.... my baby boy Alex turned 24 on Wednesday the 21st! So we of course celebrated! Alex asked for Molten chocolate cake in the crock pot. It is yummy! Almost sinful!!! Here he is eating just a little bit of it!

Here's what it looks like.... all this warm hot fudge sauce cooking on the bottom and the cake cooking on top of it! YUMMO!!! Almost all of it was gone, I made 3 batches of it!

AND... on the 21st of March everyone gathered on the patio, and swatted mosquito's....


AND... I owe a much over due thank you to Brenda of the Rusty Thimble!!! I won her giveaway a couple of weeks back! I SO love this All-American pocket!!! So, I finally got hubby to hang one of my tobacco sticks in the gathering room, so I could hang it up!


So here is the full 'ugly" view...LOL... Knuckle's dog bed, toys, the TV.... We live in this room....


I also hung one of my bonnets from Lecia, I so love them!!! She does such wonderful work!!! And last weekend I found this wonderful, yet so small old tobacco basket.... I have never seen one so tiny, so of course it was a much have! I need a little something else up there...I just haven't figured out what that is yet......

I just don't know where this whole week has gone...ugh... so much I wanted to do...so little done...double ugh...FINALLY today I felt the creative juices flowing...ready to get to work....BUT....first I walked Knuckle's after the rain... Came home, needed to wipe him down... bending down to dry him off... he bumps me... knocks me over... fall on my A$$... hit hard... OOPS this is NOT good for the back! UGH... I yell... Knuckle's now thinks he's in trouble... and he's crawling into my lap...all 75 LBS of him! Got to love him... but nothing creative was done... back has completely tightened up again..UGH! Oh well....it is what it is.... so I will go read the new Country Sampler... have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! OLM

12 comments:

TheRustyThimble said...

Happy Birthday to your Son Alex, good looking boy you have there OLM

Thank you I love how you displayed it on the tobacco stick and I too love lecia's bonnets
Have a great weekend, so glad you like your American Canvas Apron Pocket

Brenda

Trace4J said...

Happy Birthday ALex!
Oh my the molton cake looks awesome.
Love you pocket too.
Hope your back gets better too.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to Alex!
Kelsey turns 24 in April.
The years go by too fast.

Wonderful goodies.
What a sweet tabacco basket.

Oh no, Knuckles and You!
;)
Hope you feel better tomorrow.

So I must ask...
How are you liking McBain on GH?
I'm Loving it.

Hugs,
Tam

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I think you need to share that recipe (not that I'll ever make it...lol!).
Happy belated birthday to Alex!
Hope your back is feeling better.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farmhouse prims said...

Happy Birthday to Alex. Yes, I think you need to share that molton cake recipe, sounds and looks great!!!!
Congratulations for winning Brenda's giveaway! I love that pocket. Love your basket! And I sure get tickled when I see one of you awesome crafters displaying one of my bonnets in your lovely homes. Have a great weekend. hugs,Lecia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww man....is there any cake left??? Can you believe I didn't get a birthday cake? boo hoo. ;o) Happiest of belated birthday wishes to Alex....he was born on a very good day! (Mosquitoes already??? Yikes!) Congratulations on your awesome win from Brenda....I really like that one - might have to break down and get one of my own. Happy weekend!! Hope your back gets "back" to normal....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

~Sara said...

Birthday celebrations are always fun, but with mosquito's?? Crazy weather. Happy Birthday to your "baby". Doesn't matter how old they get, they will always be our babies.That cake looks yummy!! You need to share. lol. Hope you didn't hurt your back with your fall.Blessings for a wonderful weekend ~Sara

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Marie~ oh, girl no the back again~ these animals love them, but they are trouble maker( of course I have too many trouble makers~
Okay the fudge ~ yummy~ looks heavenly~ oh, my the sweet tooth whats some~
Happy Birthday to the Youngin~ what fun~ and in March who would have ever guessed bugs~ Amazing weather~
hugs to you & enjoy the CS~
smiles
Teresa

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

A LITTLE LATE ON A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALEX! And the cake looks just decadent! Oh my!

We have horrible weather here yesterday and today...cold and rainy.

Sorry you hurt your back again - I understand completely!

Karen

Primsue said...

A late Happy Birthday to Alex. That cake looks yummy! Congrats on the win from Brenda - love it and the display.
Blessings,
Sue

frontporchprims said...

Looks like you had fun celebrating. That is my kind of cake!!! Yummy. I am sorry about your back. I hope this week proves to be more creative:) Have a happy Sunday. -Steph-

Michelle said...

Hi,
Happy birthday to your son, he's adorable. Our weather has been crazy hasn't it! I am personally looking forward to Spring, the warm temperatures were a little to hot for March! When you have time would you email me and let me know your favorite shops, I always love to find out about new places to shop! lol. Stop by my blog for a visit soon!
xoxo
Michelle