Monday, February 20, 2012

Exploring Through, Sparta, Lebanon, and Mt. Vernon Part 2

Well it's back to real life... Never can stay away long....Though I'm still fighting this cold/cough.... ugh! I have all these fun new goodies to create with. I must get back to work! I have yet to even make a bunny....OOPS!


Anyway here is part 2....few highlights of the places we visited last week! Everyone was so nice, Hubby and I had a blasting talking and visiting with everyone....


First stop was in Sparta, IL to Homestead Primitives owner is Renate. Thanks to Mary Harris giving us the info we needed to make a visit... I left a few pennies there! Renate is so lucky to have the space right on her property to have shop! That is a commute we all could love!



Few pictures inside her shop. I wasn't able to take pictures in all the shops. Some prefer you don't, so I respected their wishes.







Here's hubby being a great sport while I look around. Though he loved talking with Renate, she a spitfire, love her!


So here is Renate, got her to take a picture, though she really didn't want to... They do all of their own primitive woodwork too!



After we left there off we went to Lebanon, IL. Now we had been there years ago. I knew the primitives shops were still there along with a fabric/quilt shop. So many primitive fabric's oh my!



So it was a raining day on Wednesday.... Just love the look of Lebanon, brick streets....




Simple Country Treasures, another fun shop! Now, I have another story....HEHE.... It's a raining, gloomy day. So pretty much where ever we went, we were the only ones in the shop.... So as I am paying for my few treasures from this shop, I am looking at the gal waiting on us... I say to her " you look familiar." Do you have blog? She looks a bit surprised, but says "yes.".... I then realize, you are" the patriot homeplace!" So yes, Kimberlee Johnson that also writes for A Primitive Place waited on me! Small World!



Really we went into the Calico Moon first... I was in there a VERY long time! YIKES! The fabric! So much great primitive fabric, I was in heaven! You just can't find lots of this fabric and to have it all in one place! Let just say, I left A LOT of money in this shop!!! LOL! If I wasn't so busy buying up all the fabric, the primitive handmades, OH MY!!!! I also took a leap and got a rug hooking frame! Now I can give hooking, rug hooking that is, the right effort! I am so excited!





Then I have mentioned before and Tammy already posted about us being able to met up! What a treat! We got to walk around a great primitive shop in Mt. Vernon... They are getting ready to expand next month and will be 4xs their size in their new space, I can't image! No pictures inside, but a great shop!!!!



Hubby was our photographer for 2 gals that SO DON'T like having their pictures taken! LOL! I always say that is why I am behind the camera! LOL... BUT, I do think we took a great picture! Thanks again Tammy for taking the time to come to where we were for the visit!



So yesterday Hubby hung my new shelf..... No picture yet of that...HEHE... I am so mean, aren't I? Can you guess where I might of gotten it from? You might see a picture of it in the background on her blog..... Ok, I will tell ya.... for my next update will be all about Gatherings in Iowa! Wanda was a doll and let me take lots of pictures, and I did just that! So I thought I would do just a post about that and a Item or 2 that might of followed us home.... Now sadly, or maybe not... I have been shopping here and there all week... So funds where a bit low by the time we got to her....SIGH... At first I thought, we should of come here FIRST...BUT, no that would of been bad! I would of been broke on day one and we would of needed to turn around and go back home... OH the primitives....YIKES! I need a bigger house! LOL! So stay tuned... more to come! Have a great day! OLM

20 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

Looks like you found some really good shops. I would have come home broke too. Nice that you were able to meet up with Tammy, nice picture.
Thanks for the tour of the wonderful shops.
Tamera
Country at heart

Shirlee said...

Oh my ... I have GOT to take a road trip... lol! Thanks for posting about these great places! Blessings, Shirlee

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

I gotta get back to Lebanon!
I need some great prim fabric!
And certainly to Sparta!
Gotta check out that fabulous prim shop!
Hugs,
Tam

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Marie, sure sounds like you had a wonderful trip. And so many nice shops. So wonderful that you and Tammy got to meet. You have such a wonderful hubby, my husband would never go on a prim trip. I sure would love it though, Looks like sooo much fun. Hugs, Lecia

Traci said...

Looks like an awesome, awesome trip. I swear, I live in the armpit of the world...we have no "real" prim shops in my area.. Glad you're home safe and sound...Traci

Orange Sink said...

Wow Marie! How fun to go to so many different primitive shops!!! They all look wonderful!!!! I'm so excited to hear you got a rug hooking frame!!! You will have some rugs to show us real soon I bet!! LOL!!!
Can't wait to see more of your trip photos!!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Prims By The Water said...

Bobhates it when I go to this one fabric store near where I work. They have thouands of bolts to choose from. Thanks for sharing part two from your trip. I know you had a great time and wished I could have been there with you. Take care, Janice

cynthia lee designs said...

Looks like you found some awesome shops. Wish we had a fabric shop around here that carried primitive fabrics. How fun to get to meet up with Tammy.
blessings,
Cindy

alltheseboys said...

I"m forseeing a road trip this summer. I live in Wisconsin...so these places can't be THAT far from me. Where abouts all were you??? Katie

Carla said...

What a fun trip! We stopped in a few of those places on a trip last year. When we stopped at Renate's, she wasn't open, but was outside working, so opened up the shop for us. She was so sweet! We also stopped in Lebanon, but Kimberlee wasn't working that day. I was able to stop at the Olde Homestead on a recent trip. It's jam packed full of goodness. Gatherings is on my list of places I want to visit. Hope to do that soon. Looking forward to seeing your new goodies.

Angie Berry said...

Sorry to hear that you have a cold. Hope it goes away soon so you can get back to crafting!

Renate is very fortunate to have a shop right there off of her own home and it is filled with wonderful prims, love it! How neat that you were able to meet Kimberlee also! She seems like a sweetie, love her blog!

What an awesome trip this was, I'm so envious of all the prim shops, especially the Calico Moon, sounds amazing!! That's a great picture of you and Tammy!

Glad you had such a good time.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Homestead Primitives looks like a wonderful place to shope ~ I could seriously spend alot of money in that store!!! Sometimes I wish stores would let you take pics of their store ~ heck its free advertising for them.
It really sounds like you were having a lot of fun and your hubby is such a trooper.
Glad to hear you got to meet up with Tammy ~ always nice to meet someone you blog with. I'm hoping to meet up with Katie next Monday ~ pray it doesn't snow.
Can't wait to see what you all got!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

What a great post, Marie. I enjoyed the pictures so much, and your telling of your adventure. That was so great being able to meet with Tam and to meet Kimberlee!
Hope that cough and cold disappears soon. I can't wait for Suzette to get here!
Hugs,
Susan

BumbleBeeLane said...

The little town with the brick streets Love the old buildings.Looks like a wonderful trip even if you had to fight off the sniffles.Can't wait to see your goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

frontporchprims said...

What a fun trip Marie. It's so nice to get away once in a while. And to meet up with Tammy too. I would love to visit a shop with primitive fabric. I would buy way too much. Thanks for sharing your fun trip. -Steph-=

lilraggedyangie said...

sounds like another OLM fun shopping spree ! Stop by my blog for a visit I have a present for you over there ! Have a great evening and for goodness sake get better ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Beckyjean said...

So wishin I had stowed away in your suitcase!!!

Can't wait to see your cabinet from Gatherings all filled up with your prim goodies. When I saw it on Wanda's blog & she mentioned it went back home to Illinois, I knew who had bought it. I am so going back there soon.

Becky

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Waaaaahhhhh! I want to shop in those stores....everything looks awesome.
Thanks for sharing Marie....even though I have shopping withdrawal now!!!
Karen

Mary said...

Wow Marie you really had a great time shopping. I can't wait to get down to Sparta and visit Renate. Gatherings is next on my list. Can't wait for you to unpack those bags. Mary

TheCrankyCrow said...

Really? I was this far behind??? Yikes....Why didn't you slap me alongside the head with a broomstick? ;o) Looks like you got some fun, fun, shopping in....Already saw some of your treasures, so I know you did yourself proud....Glad to hear you got a hooking frame....now you can outhook me too. (Doesn't take much these days, trust me....) How fun to meet Kimberlee and Tammy - you and Tam look sweet in that photo....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin